It's been 72 hours

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You can't fill those holes.

It's not like pass rushers are just walking the streets.

You have what you have.

All teams deal with it. No crying allowed.
Trying to school somebody on this site, good luck with it. But I agree with you.

sbark

Reaction score
What?
Were the Cowboys expected to grab FA pro bowlers during the offseason

....that would then be backups to Parsons & D.Law?

INjuries are part of football.....actually are opportunities that many young players grab and thier career takes off.

Creeper

Reaction score
They already have Lawson who they can bring up from the practice squad, and they will probably use Tyrus Wheat as well. They can use Golston or even Watkins at DE.

Let's face it, when you lose your top 3 guys at the same position, it is hard to recover from that. Don't forget they are already down Sam Williams too.

I actually think this is the year we should accept the consequences of all the bad decisions. The injuries only give Jerry and excuse but this team was not very good before these guys got hurt.

At the same time, Parsons may miss two games. Bland should be back after the bye week. And Lawrence will be back at some point in the season. If you are an optimist that should be encouraging.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The roster doesn't matter, this team was never going to make a playoff run with Dead. Coach. Walking. ....so, they should just save their money, and whether this storm with the current roster.

JJ should focus on finding a solid new HC, and let that coach bring in their own coaching staff.

And they should start looking at future RBs to target in the draft and free agency, along with DTs, LBs and safeties. They should be doing some heavy scouting, and not get desperate trying to save this meaningless season.

Yes, it's tempting since the NFC looks to be down this year (no dominant teams), but it doesn't matter. McCarthy is not winning any playoff games here in Dallas, he's simply not good enough to lift this team to a playoff win.
you do realize if you're talking about checking on adding to this roster OR NOT, it takes a little longer than that to set up try outs and have meeting with players and agents,., IM assuming that will happen by Wednesday. I mean you cant just go grab someone off a PS or a trade or even a FA without getting them into the building and a physical and talk money.. games were being played all weekend UMM OK!!

it's not just tempting the whole entire league is weak right now the NFC even weaker division games coming up later say we can still make a WC1 or 2 17 games and that extra WC game and being 2-2 says we should TRY to get back on track. Move up Cook, get pass rusher or 2 and Bland parson back by the lions game and Tank by SF possibly..its NOT any where near over.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
you do realize if you're talking about checking on adding to this roster OR NOT, it takes a little longer than that to set up try outs and have meeting with players and agents,., IM assuming that will happen by Wednesday. I mean you cant just go grab someone off a PS or a trade or even a FA without getting them into the building and a physical and talk money.. games were being played all weekend UMM OK!!

it's not just tempting the whole entire league is weak right now the NFC even weaker division games coming up later say we can still make a WC1 or 2 17 games and that extra WC game and being 2-2 says we should TRY to get back on track. Move up Cook, get pass rusher or 2 and Bland parson back by the lions game and Tank by SF possibly..its NOT any where near over.
McCarthy is the HC and OC, so it's over...long been over, before this team took the first snap. McCarthy's not making a deep playoff run with the Cowboys, it's not in him...doesn't have the skills.

Bagman

Reaction score

Tank's gonna be out a lot longer than the SF game. He's gonna miss at least 6 games

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's been 72 hours since our win over the Giants that cost this team its top 2 DLinemen. I'm pretty sure Parsons will miss a minimum of 2 perhaps 3 games. There's a chance DLaw could be out up to 8 weeks !! The question I have is WHAT HAS OUR GM DONE TO FILL IN THOSE HOLES ? We're not a good defense WITH those guys. Without them? YIKES !!!. Is Jerry just going to sit back and do nothing to help the D ? Next man up, we like our guys stuff isn't going to cut it. We're in big trouble and our GM is interviewing monster truck rally producers. He should be on the phone, trying to not get taken advantage of while adding a little juice to the defense
they dump all their money into the offense, time for it to carry the team,,,,,

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
:hammer: And this is why we suck as a franchise....But he will tell you we are broke.....while we have 24 million is salary cap space.

We need @ least one more DE.....I can see a depth chart/rotation like this....

LDE-Golston/Lawson
RDE-Kneeland/????

Sure would be nice to get a speed rushing DE in here....But who? I see Randy Gregory is sitting out there...but so you really want to open that can of worms again?

Shaq Lawson????

Myjai Sanders​

Justin Houston​

Bruce Irvin​

Kemoko Turay​

I assume Tyrus Wheat will be the fourth guy. Not saying it's a good idea, just what I think they will do.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe Carolina would trade us Clowney. He's on the back end of his career on a team that's going nowhere. However, his two-year, $20 million deal would be too steep for our front office.

Blackrain

Reaction score
No team is having a fire sale on quality pass rushers at this point in the season.
Anything that's out there would be some mercenary on the back side of their career that is not going to jeopardize what's left of it to play 100% for us even if we traded for them.
At this point the best bet would be scour the practice squads and find some young prospect with fire in his belly that is willing to sacrifice his body and try and get a Payday

ICP

Reaction score
There's nothing to do. Even Dumb & Dumber know there's nothing out there to shore up the holes missing those two will create. This could get ugly really quick. We already couldn't stop the run and the pass rush didn't look like anything special even with D-Law and Parsons on the field. Imagine what it's going to look like without them. Teams will have all day to pass and still be able to run at will

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The roster doesn't matter, this team was never going to make a playoff run with Dead. Coach. Walking. ....so, they should just save their money, and whether this storm with the current roster.

JJ should focus on finding a solid new HC, and let that coach bring in their own coaching staff.

And they should start looking at future RBs to target in the draft and free agency, along with DTs, LBs and safeties. They should be doing some heavy scouting, and not get desperate trying to save this meaningless season.

Yes, it's tempting since the NFC looks to be down this year (no dominant teams), but it doesn't matter. McCarthy is not winning any playoff games here in Dallas, he's simply not good enough to lift this team to a playoff win.
Exactly...............this team was not built to challenge for a ring this year, that is why almost none of the free agents that left were replaced.

You also have the entire coaching staff with one year contracts, even the new guys, that is also another sign this year was not meant to be a deep playoff run.

This year was built by design to be a wash season, clear all the coaching contracts off the books, clear off any remaining dead cap from players like Zeke, get Dak and Lamb extended, then set things up for next year with a new coaching staff. There was never any attempt to be a legit SB contender this season, but Jerry and his idiot boy could not just come out and say it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
McCarthy is the HC and OC, so it's over...long been over, before this team took the first snap. McCarthy's not making a deep playoff run with the Cowboys, it's not in him...doesn't have the skills.
Look I'm not giving up on the year like you guys are he somehow woke up around the bye last year and we ended up with the highest scoring offense in the league and I believe the offense is better this year we didn't really lose anybody that wasn't replaceable and I think they're gonna get better if Mike McCarthy trusts them to open it up..

I truly believe he's doing this to protect the defense the defense has been his biggest problem it was Mike Nolan 1st and then Dan Quinn against good teams and now Mike Zimmer starts the season off the same way and I believe he's trying to have long vanilla drives where he's eating up clock before he scores and he's making a mistake because he doesn't realize the defense is so bad we need to score faster because we need more scores and I think he'll figure that out but don't act like he didn't just in 2021 Prescott had 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions I know he was just the head coach but he was part of the team and then last year pretty close to the same thing literally Prescott was second in MVP voting and second team all pro and we again one of the most efficient offenses as far as drives sustained drives that stupid analytics but it's there and the top scoring O..

So I think he has it in him yes up to this point he's been a big problem and I'm scratching my head on why he hasn't opened up the offense from day one I thought they would go deeper into playbook this year year 2 in this offense but somehow he's seems to be calling the same 15 plays on the loop that he comes up with during the weeks game planning, no matter how the game is flowing he doesn't change and it's just drives me crazy but if he starts utilizing his talent and trying a little harder to open it up I think we do have a chance this NFC is weak right now the NFC East is still all open for the taking I don't see any scary people and please don't say Washington they still gotta play us twice...

Yes I agree it looks a little vanilla and stale and it needs to change but really the problem we've had this year has been on defense we have a very solid offense that can if they get more opportunities because the way the defense is going we're not getting the same amount of drives in series that way we have more opportunities to score and our special teams one of the top units in the league all he has to do is get this opened up a little more and Mike Zimmer needs to find a way to get it a little bit more just get it to average..

So I'm holding out hope