News: ITS: Bringing Dez Bryant Back Isn't a Good Idea?

kskboys

Reaction score
Hell yeah bring Dez back, one of the biggest issue was too many drops. Having Dez will solve this issue and help Dak move chains on critical down.
He is faster than Witten and don't need him back at all.
He's not much faster than Witten and was known for drops.

I swear, if Dez was even close to the legend of Dez, he'd be the best WR in the history of the NFL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He deserves a tryout if he wants to play here. He has earned that.

If Witten can be brought back then Dez can be given a shot as well.
How has he earned that? The team has to judge its needs and how they feel about the person and decide if a tryout makes sense.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
One thing we've learned since he's been released is he bleeds blue and silver on par with Michael Irvin. I think he wants closure.......

The thing about life is we don't always get closure and aren't entitled to it either. A Dez reunion and him contributing make for a nice feel-good redemption story, and honestly I'd like to see it too, but there are just too many "ifs" to make it worth a shot (like having to learn the TE position). As emotional as Dez is, do you think he could keep things under control if we went through a down period during the season, even in his agreed to reduced role?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How has he earned that? The team has to judge its needs and how they feel about the person and decide if a tryout makes sense.

Because he’s one of the best players in this franchises history and still young enough to make a difference on the field.

If they can bring back old man Witten and play him over Jarwin who is clearly better then him then they can at least give Dez a tryout.

Also, it would go over well with the majority of the fan base.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Witten got signed out of the booth to start with a 7.9 40...don't let me hear someone can't make it in this league lol. 10 to 1 Witten doesn't sign with anyone but the Giants, pay pal ready. Just hate the fake gloating by fans on here like we didn't trade for Amari after putting all the blame on Dez over Dak check down.

Complete the route tree? Witten, can you do anything else but fall down short of the sticks while padding your stats, gimme a break? No signing you give me the vig. We could find a charity role too;)

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Because he’s one of the best players in this franchises history and still young enough to make a difference on the field.

If they can bring back old man Witten and play him over Jarwin who is clearly better then him then they can at least give Dez a tryout.

Not even top 10 in Dallas WR's.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Legend of DEZ!!!!

Dez was once guarded by Superman. He outjumped him and then beat him on a footrace to the endzone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not even top 10 in Dallas WR's.

Well I’d ask you to list 10 guys but we both know how stupid that would be.

The guy has more TDs then anyone in our franchise and even Michael Irvin has said Dez had more ability then he did.

Dez had talent and production. He’s one of our greats.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The market for him is thin and he's politicking to the only owner that would be sentimental enough to sign him. They released him for a reasons and not getting separation was one of them. Is he a better route runner after undergoing an Achilles surgery? Is his temperament better for a locker room? Is he more coachable? Is he necessary if they re-sign Cooper and Cobb?

If I were the GM, I would give him a tryout with my new O coaching staff. If he showed anything, I would offer him a league minimum incentive laden contact, if he makes the final roster. The contract would be all on the safe side for the team and on the prove it side for Bryant.

The question I have is why would they welcome him back after McClay basically torched him after they cut him? Unheard of for a personnel guy to make negative comments about any player they've released. Until that happened, I'd never seen that before.

Ultimately, the question is can this QB effectively use a jump ball WR?

Bad routes + bad rep + bad rap + bad rip (injury) = no Bryant return

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's let Dez find another team to act the fool with. Been there, done that. :rolleyes:

Aside from that his route tree has only three branches That's problematic. ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The thing about life is we don't always get closure and aren't entitled to it either. A Dez reunion and him contributing make for a nice feel-good redemption story, and honestly I'd like to see it too, but there are just too many "ifs" to make it worth a shot (like having to learn the TE position). As emotional as Dez is, do you think he could keep things under control if we went through a down period during the season, even in his agreed to reduced role?

Honestly .......no
That's his biggest drawback, he's an alpha dog.......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let's let Dez find another team to act the fool with. Been there, done that. :rolleyes:

Aside from that, his route tree doesn't have any branches. Not too good.

Jason Garrett pigeon holes players into roles.

Dez was never used to his full capabilities as a catch and run WR.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jason Garrett pigeon holes players into roles.

Dez was never used to his full capabilities as a catch and run WR.

His capabilities went south well before he was dismissed. He broke down physically, as well as mentally and became a distraction.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Making one mistake isn't a good reason to make another, and I doubt you've polled the fan base on this issue.

What some fans call "passion" looked more like childish behavior to me. It was tolerable in his prime but I have no need to see it again.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think some of you get delusional when you act like he still wasn’t a more then capable WR. He was still awesome.

I think when it comes to Dez, you're not seeing the forest for the trees. Everyone has their own opinion, hairbrained or not, I guess. The main thing awesome about Dez was his stupidity, beyond and above all else. Love him if you will, he won't be back. He was let go for good reason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite a lack of speed, Witten has the ability to get open all the time and pretty much against anyone. Dez likely isn't that much faster at this point, and was never a good route runner and never got separation. Don't see a reason to even consider this. I guess we treated him badly at the end, so a tryout might be the way to extend some good will, but the football part hardly seems like it would work out.

All valid questions and I think a very rational approach. I can't disagree with some level of skepticism regarding what he has left at this point, and I think that a simple tryout would answer those questions. No guarantee, just an opportunity.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think when it comes to Dez, you're not seeing the forest for the trees. Everyone has their own opinion, hairbrained or not, I guess. The main thing awesome about Dez was his stupidity, beyond and above all else. Love him if you will, he won't be back.

That’s fine.

Just don’t applaud a washed up tight end getting the majority of reps over a player that is better then him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That’s fine.

Just don’t applaud a washed up tight end getting the majority of reps over a player that is better then him.

I'm on record as saying Witten's time has come and gone. Not a problem with this fan.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dez must be thinking some of the obstacles to making a comeback have been removed with this regime change in Dallas. Garrett and Witten were two of his biggest detractors but they are gone now and Dez is back in Big D campaigning for a job. But here is the problem with that line of thinking by Dez...the Jones boys aren't going anywhere and Dez is still lockerroom cancer.