News: ITS: Bringing Dez Bryant Back Isn't a Good Idea?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dez must be thinking some of the obstacles to making a comeback have been removed with this regime change in Dallas. Garrett and Witten were two of his biggest detractors but they are gone now and Dez is back in Big D campaigning for a job. But here is the problem with that line of thinking by Dez...the Jones boys aren't going anywhere and Dez is still lockerroom cancer.

Yep, not only in the locker room but on the field in games and on the sidelines as well. The FO finally got their fill of it at long last.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He deserves a tryout if he wants to play here. He has earned that.

If Witten can be brought back then Dez can be given a shot as well.
100% agree.

Been saying this since it first came up on chat media.

It's a given he is not the 2014 edition of Dez anymore.

Witten returning in 2019 was not Witten of 2014.

But he played and contributed.

I do not think we want to invest a draft pick in another WR. Not this year anyway.

So sign a FA like Dez.

Wise alternative. He is not going to be on the cap at $14 mil/yr.

Dez is not going to challenge McCarthy as HC with his sideline rants.

If he does, they will deactivate him or if its worse..he will be released.

No other team will sign him and his career will certainly end.

There is no risk to me.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He should have taken the Ravens offer.
I think he only wants to play for Dallas.

He was trying to use the Ravens offer to get Dallas to reconsider his release.

The Saints contract was becuz he needed money by that time.

Alot of water under the bridge now.

We need to think about what is best for the team here.

With Witten gone, an accomplished possession receiver position is open.

Dez?

Come home baby. We can use your help.

Just wait until we lineup 4 wide with Cooper, Dez, Cobb, Gallop, add a TE in Schultz or Witten and send out Zeke or Pollard out of the backfield.

OMG.

Last edited:

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The Cowboys might be able to set a new record for most drops in a season!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because he’s one of the best players in this franchises history and still young enough to make a difference on the field.

If they can bring back old man Witten and play him over Jarwin who is clearly better then him then they can at least give Dez a tryout.

Also, it would go over well with the majority of the fan base.
None of that means he has “earned” a tryout.

Being young enough to play doesn’t mean he still has the ability, nor does it mean the team should ignore any personality, cost or any other factor it deems relevant.

As for Witten, if you don’t think he earned a chance, how is it Dez has? Besides, we had no real experience at TE going into last season without Witten, but at WR if we re-sign Cooper and Cobb to go with Gallup, there just isn’t the same lack of experience at that position.

As for what the majority of the fan base would think, I’m not at all convinced the majority would be that in favor of Dez being back, but even so, I don’t see why that would matter. The team will neither add or subtract from the fan base in even a remotely meaningful way whether Dez is back with Dallas or not.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys might be able to set a new record for most drops in a season!
More likely for penalties in a season and turnovers.

Those were 2 of the worst stats that killed us.

Saw this morning on the Cowboy Post Season review TV show where this two stats were just insurmountable to overcome in the loses.

In our victories they were minimal.

How do we fix that exactly?

Not sure.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Always defending dez. I love the dedication but Witten is a tight end and not of the Kelce Ertz mould.

He’s not a starting quality tight end anymore. He’s done.

He needs to go to some team that will actually force him to be a backup.

Jarwin being on the sidelines and Witten being on the field is a big L for this team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
None of that means he has “earned” a tryout.

Being young enough to play doesn’t mean he still has the ability, nor does it mean the team should ignore any personality, cost or any other factor it deems relevant.

As for Witten, if you don’t think he earned a chance, how is it Dez has? Besides, we had no real experience at TE going into last season without Witten, but at WR if we re-sign Cooper and Cobb to go with Gallup, there just isn’t the same lack of experience at that position.

As for what the majority of the fan base would think, I’m not at all convinced the majority would be that in favor of Dez being back, but even so, I don’t see why that would matter. The team will neither add or subtract from the fan base in even a remotely meaningful way whether Dez is back with Dallas or not.

Witten had the right as well..

What I don’t like is how they said Witten would be used.

With Zeke’s lack of explosion and Witten having 0 explosion we really cut down on big plays with Amari out.

Jarwin was a big play TE and he was on the sideline wayyy too often.

fredp22

Reaction score
come on....

he hasnt played in 3 years
he"s so immature he needed a babysitter
he was losing concentration
he was dropping balls
he isnt a route runner
In his last year he wasnt drawing double coverage
His chemistry with Dak was horrible.

he's also told Pittsburg he wants to go there so I dont buy the he just wants to come back to us crap. Like Witten he cant admit he's through and will go wherever but the 31 other teams are passing. He also wont have Romo throwing to him (Romo will make a receiver look better).

Lets give it a rest already and stop living in 2014

Blackrain

Reaction score
Great camp body for training camp . let him compete with everyone else nothing guaranteed. Broke , pride hurt , bored , something to prove , a need to feel relevant again , competition starved ,above all HUNGRY and willing NOW to sacrifice his body to get a spot . I like it for camp

Xavier187

Reaction score
Since Lawerance came out and said he wants him back why not approach Lawerance about giving him some of his money?
Seriously
Tell him renagotaiate your hefty contract to free up 4m per year and give him a 3 year deal worth 12 total 4 per year fro lawerance and incentives from the cowboys

phildadon86

Reaction score
He’s not a starting quality tight end anymore. He’s done.

He needs to go to some team that will actually force him to be a backup.

Jarwin being on the sidelines and Witten being on the field is a big L for this team.
Witten is at least capable of playing. We don’t know that about dez. He’s coming off a bad injury and also had the dropsies before leaving here. Bring him in for a workout for sure but don’t expect 2014 dez

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He deserves a tryout if he wants to play here. He has earned that.

If Witten can be brought back then Dez can be given a shot as well.
I agree, little to no bonus and we can cut him after pre-season with no cap hit if it doesn't work. With a 90+ man roster in TC/Pre-season, why not him instead of some 4th string guard we know will never make the team.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Saints and Ravens wanted him .

He said Ravens offered millions, and that was too low an offer .

He then went to the Saints, and got injured . He must've trained hard like he did before he retired, and didn't go thru the proper strength and conditioning .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez hasn’t played since the 2017 season and is coming off an Achilles injury. He may want to come back but no one wants him. He’s done!

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
I don't see the harm in bringing Dez back in for a tryout. As a fan, I feel like he's earned that right. I know he's not prime Dez anymore, and after all the injuries, never will be again. But I'd bring him in to see how he looks, and if he can help the team or not. If he can, maybe something can be worked out. If he's completely shot as a player, or wants too much money, send him on his way.