It's extra work day

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
My coworker is good at his job, but he calls in sick A LOT. Today is one of those days. We have a short lull right now, but I'll soon be slammed with the work of two people. That's why they hired two people. I'm frustrated. I miss my previous coworker who was always here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My coworker is good at his job, but he calls in sick A LOT. Today is one of those days. We have a short lull right now, but I'll soon be slammed with the work of two people. That's why they hired two people. I'm frustrated. I miss my previous coworker who was always here.
Tell him what you just told us.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My rule of hiring is that character of the person is #1.

If I had a choice of hiring an incredible engineer, but I can't trust him to be there when I need him. He isn't worth hiring.

I will take a good engineer who is there when I need him over a great one that I can't depend on.

cowboyec

Reaction score
sounds like another time machine rant.....or just wait til quitin' time...hop in time machine...slay some dragons...spend time with that french *****....ipso-fatso...solved.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
sounds like another time machine rant.....or just wait til quitin' time...hop in time machine...slay some dragons...spend time with that french *****....ipso-fatso...solved.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy. He might be out fighting off Martians or Moon ***** or dragons or something.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess I got over this years ago. IDK, in Federal, you have Contractors and you have Govies or Feds. Feds don't work on Federal Holidays but Contractors do so you always have double the work. In the Service, you always have guys who slack and guys who are motivated and it just is what it is.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awwwww, stop your complaining, we just finished bowling and are stopping off for a couple of cocktails and he'll be in to lock up. He told me to tell you they told him it was a day job, not an every day job.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Awwwww, stop your complaining, we just finished bowling and are stopping off for a couple of cocktails and he'll be in to lock up. He told me to tell you they told him it was a day job, not an every day job.
I'm forwarding this post to our boss.

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy. He might be out fighting off Martians or Moon ***** or dragons or something.

Maybe the immortal aliens thought it was him posting the big reveal of who they were instead of you and nabbed him for some "reeducation." See? It's all your fault for letting them know you were on to them.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I guess I got over this years ago. IDK, in Federal, you have Contractors and you have Govies or Feds. Feds don't work on Federal Holidays but Contractors do so you always have double the work. In the Service, you always have guys who slack and guys who are motivated and it just is what it is.

I'm guessing that policy could be different depending on where you work and who you work for.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I got a co-worker that shows up but does nothing. It’s called a Supervisor...