News: ITS: Kellen Moore: Dak Prescott's Biggest Improvement Was "His Command"?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore: Dak Prescott's Biggest Improvement Was "His Command" ?

bmartin_dallas-cowboys_dallas-cowboys-2019-training-camp-top-5-storylines-to-follow.jpg

February 1, 2020 - How good is Dak Prescott? This question is asked in some form just about every day. How much should the Cowboys pay him? Is he worth QB1 money? What would

Read Full Story

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott threw for over 4,900 yards, 30 touchdowns, and completed 65.1% of his passes in 2019. He also posted a QBR of 70.2, placing him fourth in the NFL. Yes, Prescott saw increased opportunity to throw the ball in 2019 compared to some previous years, but that emphasis on passing could’ve went either way.

Rather than resulting in a big spike in turnovers, or an exposure of Prescott as nothing more than a “game manager,” he exhibited total control of the offense and led them to one of their best statistical seasons in quite some time. He grew at the line of scrimmage as the season went on, and seemed to gain more freedom in the offense as well. So much growth, in fact, that many fans seemed to be clamoring for more of the reins to be handed over to the young quarterback.
Does that sound like a player the Cowboys won't be signing to a new deal this off season?

Blue64

Reaction score
What command? Yes he improved statistically and failed miserably under pressure.

Spare me the stats... most of which cane in garbage time...

Too bad they don’t keep a stat on how many passes too short or over the receiver... which he does often under pressure.
Where was his command when he could have gained a crucial first down with his legs instead of standing in the pocket and getting sacked...
Sorry argue all you want... but also go back and look at some of those games...
He came out on fire in his first three games against weak opponents and then his intensity changed.
Guess because he felt he made his point and was waiting for his big payday...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What command? Yes he improved statistically and failed miserably under pressure.

Too bad they don’t keep a stat on how many passes too short or over the receiver... which he does often under pressure.
Where was his command when he could have gained a crucial first down with his legs instead of standing in the pocket and getting sacked...
He came out on fire in his first three games against weak opponents and then his intensity changed.
So “garbage time” is the new lazy opinion like “Romo is a choker” and “Zeke is fat”.....great.

leeblair

Reaction score
Does that sound like a player the Cowboys won't be signing to a new deal this off season?
Those stats don't mean much when the playoffs begin and the Cowboys are not there.
Stats are for losers who need to justify their existence.
Winners are winning, and they don't need to pull the stats out; everyone can see they are winning.
I think Dak can be the Cowboys quarterback, but he's not worth a guaranteed deal of over $50 million at this point.
I also continue to believe that guys like Case Keenum are better than Dak is at this point.
I think Dak should get the non-exclusive tag for at least one year. If he produces, pay him.
If not, let him walk.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

MOST of his stats were in garbage time ...?

some were, just as some were with other QBs, but don’t talk gibberish thinking it helps make a point

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Those stats don't mean much when the playoffs begin and the Cowboys are not there.
Then someone better tell Moore not to bench his two top receivers on the last play of the game on 4th and goal. (in Philly) Never mind, I guess Moore thought the same, Dak's stats don't mean much. :rolleyes:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Sounds like a player that fools the masses when you don’t put the numbers in context. To answer the question yes it sounds like a scam artist player that will dupe the Cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Garbage take. How stupid is it when someone says about a QB, who is doing everything he can to bring the team back, it’s garbage stats? Pretty damn stupid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Stats are for losers who need to justify their existence.
Winners are winning, and they don't need to pull the stats out; everyone can see they are winning.
I think Dak can be the Cowboys quarterback, but he's not worth a guaranteed deal of over $50 million at this point.
I also continue to believe that guys like Case Keenum are better than Dak is at this point.
I think Dak should get the non-exclusive tag for at least one year. If he produces, pay him.
If not, let him walk.
I guess there will be 30 other QB’s cut or released then. Jeez, the ignorance from some is stupendous.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I’d feel better about Dak had they gone with someone like Lincoln Riley as their coach but with McCarthy and all the rumors about them trying to retain the offensive staff I just don’t feel good about this team going forward.

Especially after they hired McCarthy only to let Kellen Moore remain as the playcaller. You don’t hire MM to be a walk around coach. So stupid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’d feel better about Dak had they gone with someone like Lincoln Riley as their coach but with McCarthy and all the rumors about them trying to retain the offensive staff I just don’t feel good about this team going forward.

Especially after they hired McCarthy only to let Kellen Moore remain as the playcaller. You don’t hire MM to be a walk around coach. So stupid.
You’re always whining about something.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I see too much Garrett in Kellen Moore .

And to think Jerrah told MM that Kellen was non-negotiable and needed to stay . :facepalm: