News: ITS: Nahshon Wright Shines in First Training Camp Practice

plasticman

Reaction score
I like him too but be careful.

There's always that "early shiner" that everyone gets excited about until the first preseason game when he has to face NFL caliber talent in full contact.

A month later we read a two sentence paragraph after scrolling down that he's been cut from the practice squad

Can Nahshon Wright hang with big NFL receivers in a physical game? We don't know yet and it's going to take six full weeks to find out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thats good production.
May he transcend...

Nice that he is making some plays even though it against scrubs. One of the big problems for Wright was tackling. That doesnt happen in shorts and Tshirts. Nice to hear Joseph looked good. Anyone that thinks Wright has the inside track to starting opposite Diggs is kidding themselves.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I like him too but be careful.

There's always that "early shiner" that everyone gets excited about until the first preseason game when he has to face NFL caliber talent in full contact.

A month later we read a two sentence paragraph after scrolling down that he's been cut from the practice squad

Can Nahshon Wright hang with big NFL receivers in a physical game? We don't know yet and it's going to take six full weeks to find out.
It's not like he's a udfa. Although the last udfa cb that impressed was traded for a bag of magic beans as a rookie. He started day one for the other team and has gone to two super bowls with one win.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nice that he is making some plays even though it against scrubs. One of the big problems for Wright was tackling. That doesnt happen in shorts and Tshirts. Nice to hear Joseph looked good. Anyone that thinks Wright has the inside track to starting opposite Diggs is kidding themselves.
He is lengthy and it gives this secondary a different look/dimension if Wright can keep developing than that is a major score for this back seven, its some diversity for sure and a good DC can find a way to fast track
an impoverished defense when you draft anyone that can contribute.
Joseph is green and raw as fresh picked tobacco and I hope the kid can handle being that green,, he has the talent grade but its a mental game at this level as much if not more than the physical bio.
So sure, if Joseph isnt ready early, and I truly expect that to be the case,, prove me wrong young Joseph, its not as though this secondary doesnt have vet options.
May not be the option most fans want, but this back seven and this secondary are athletic and will come together with reps together.
This doesnt happen after 1st couple days of TC, and may take a few games into the active season,, would be foolish to think otherwise considering the entire overhaul.
Interesting pieces early on with not only the corner but some young safeties that might surprise as well.

ghst187

Reaction score
If Wright even turned in a rookie season as good as Diggs it will be a sweet, unexpected revelation and free up a lot of resources the next few off seasons.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
All I can say is that it’s early. but….. you can’t
win a spot on the 53 yet… but…. You definitely can loose one by sucking… Keep up the good work young man.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Where would he start? Joseph and Diggs are the outside and Lewis is the slot, I believe. He will definitely mix in though, Quinn loves his length.

Where did you see that Joseph is a lock for the other outside corner? His OTA's sucked. BB says he is much improved so far but that doesn't mean he's a lock by any means.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is lengthy and it gives this secondary a different look/dimension if Wright can keep developing than that is a major score for this back seven, its some diversity for sure and a good DC can find a way to fast track
an impoverished defense when you draft anyone that can contribute.
Joseph is green and raw as fresh picked tobacco and I hope the kid can handle being that green,, he has the talent grade but its a mental game at this level as much if not more than the physical bio.
So sure, if Joseph isnt ready early, and I truly expect that to be the case,, prove me wrong young Joseph, its not as though this secondary doesnt have vet options.
May not be the option most fans want, but this back seven and this secondary are athletic and will come together with reps together.
This doesnt happen after 1st couple days of TC, and may take a few games into the active season,, would be foolish to think otherwise considering the entire overhaul.
Interesting pieces early on with not only the corner but some young safeties that might surprise as well.

Wright is every bit as green as Joseph. And then there is the thing about Joseph being a legit 2nd rounder with first round talent and then Wright being predicted to have 5th round capabilities.

Just because Joseph was sick for OTA's and Wright has made a few pass breakups against Denucci and UDFA WR's doesnt suddenly erase all that.

Glad Wright is making a few plays here and there. Coincidentally a guy that is 6-4 is going to already stand out because of his size.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
My thoughts on Nahshon Wright...

Every year the writers pump up players that end up flopping. So, I'll take the wait and see approach, cause I'm tired of falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

Is this the man who made all of those pass breakups in camp? Is this the man who no one could complete a pass against in camp? Is this the gentleman who intercepted every other pass thrown his way? Then why in the hell can't he get playing time?

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase a bottle of anointing oil?
Heard it was sold out.