News: ITS: Neville Gallimore Has Taken "Huge Jump" Heading Into Year 2

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't????? I thought I read he was showing significant improvement last year before his injury.

No I don't. And I'd have to see those reports you're referring to. I think that was fans' wishful thinking because he'd be an embarrassment to that point.

quickccc

Reaction score
If we could get Hill to do the same we'd be cooking with gas!

if Cowboys decide to IR and stash Hill, it may have to wait until next when he regains full health.
He's currently on PUP list to start camp and he's not likely to get the reps he really needs to earn a roster spot this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if Cowboys decide to IR and stash Hill, it may have to wait until next when he regains full health.
He's currently on PUP list to start camp and he's not likely to get the reps he really needs to earn a roster spot this year.

Seriously? 'Stash' the guy and get nothing out of him for yet another year? And then hope that he actually does something just in time to be a free agent? No thanks, I'll just cut him and chalk it up as yet another wasted Marinelli draft pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No I don't. And I'd have to see those reports you're referring to. I think that was fans' wishful thinking because he'd be an embarrassment to that point.

I remember the FO and coaches were pretty high on his improvement........

September 5, 2020 02:40 PM
Cowboys' Trysten Hill: Could start Week 1
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Hill could start at defensive tackle alongside Dontari Poe in Week 1, Jon Machota of The Athletic reports.

During a radio interview Friday, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones gave the 2019 second-round pick some high praise. "He has stepped up and never missed a lick," Jones said about Hill's performance in camp. "He's done a great job every day. He's been a true professional. I think he's really gonna pay off for us this year." Hill barely got onto the field as a rookie, but he has the talent to make an impact in the middle of the defensive line if he can maintain his focus and work ethic

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember the FO and coaches were pretty high on his improvement........

September 5, 2020 02:40 PM
Cowboys' Trysten Hill: Could start Week 1
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Hill could start at defensive tackle alongside Dontari Poe in Week 1, Jon Machota of The Athletic reports.

During a radio interview Friday, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones gave the 2019 second-round pick some high praise. "He has stepped up and never missed a lick," Jones said about Hill's performance in camp. "He's done a great job every day. He's been a true professional. I think he's really gonna pay off for us this year." Hill barely got onto the field as a rookie, but he has the talent to make an impact in the middle of the defensive line if he can maintain his focus and work ethic

Take note that it was an offseason, camp puff quote from the optimism of Stephen Jones and not any actual reflection of on-field game performance.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Take note that it was an offseason, camp puff quote from the optimism of Stephen Jones and not any actual reflection of on-field game performance.

Oh, I understand that but it was only a year ago. I'm not sure they've lost enough confidence to where he doesn't make 53. I guess we'll see.....

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'm happy to read good news about Gallimore, and that video against the Steelers was quite impressive. But I don't even expect Hill to make this team. I'm looking for contributions from Odighizuwa, Gholston, and Bohanna.

You think Golston would allow the team to carry one less DT?

I know that he can play some 3T and I do look for him to get some snaps there… but I think he is going to be Lawrence’s primary backup at SDE.

You could be right, but I haven’t been looking at Golston as someone who would make the team carry one less DT.

Creeper

Reaction score
Did you check their stats? Did you review their tape? Well?

I watched both last year. Honestly Kinlaw was a bit of a disappointment. Brown was pretty solid for a rookie although no rookie def linemen make a lot of plays on the inside. It takes time to mature to the level of NFL guards. I think Brown is going to be a good player. Kinlaw needs to prove it this year.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

We are currently in a thread about Gallimore titled for an offseason camp puff quote from McCarthy without any actual reflection of his on-field game performance, only that he looks great (no mention of in the shower) and understands more about the defense. It needs to translate to the field I'd imagine. Despite people wanting to stick to their original guns to bury Hill, he did show up well in spots last season. I want him to stick around and do well solely for the naysayers' sake.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are currently in a thread about Gallimore titled for an offseason camp puff quote from McCarthy without any actual reflection of his on-field game performance, only that he looks great (no mention of in the shower) and understands more about the defense. It needs to translate to the field I'd imagine. Despite people wanting to stick to their original guns to bury Hill, he did show up well in spots last season. I want him to stick around and do well solely for the naysayers' sake.

Has Gallimore been a bust to this point? Does he have the list of issues Hill has?

Blame the guy responsible for Trysten Hill’s issues, not some ‘naysayers’ who see him for who he is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Golston would allow the team to carry one less DT?

I know that he can play some 3T and I do look for him to get some snaps there… but I think he is going to be Lawrence’s primary backup at SDE.

You could be right, but I haven’t been looking at Golston as someone who would make the team carry one less DT.

I mentioned all three more from a rookie and roster numbers view than specific positions. They’re unknowns, whereas Hill is known as not very good.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I watched both last year. Honestly Kinlaw was a bit of a disappointment. Brown was pretty solid for a rookie although no rookie def linemen make a lot of plays on the inside. It takes time to mature to the level of NFL guards. I think Brown is going to be a good player. Kinlaw needs to prove it this year.

I would not trade Gallimore for either Brown or Kinlaw right now.

Gallimore compares favorable with both of these first rounders at this time.