It's not like any of this is a surprise

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Dak is not a perfect QB and def has his limitations, but last yr he led the league in TD passes and threw for over 4k yards. That puts him in some pretty good company. And he did that with Jerry as the head coach, Jerry as the GM, and Jerry creating constant distractions that 31 other QBs never have to contend with.

Let’s not pretend the Cowboys are like any other franchise because we are not. Our front office dysfunction has produced a near 3 decade deep playoff run drought that looks to continue for years. And fans wanted Dak to take a home town discount to put up with all the bs Jerry puts everyone in the org through.
Most of those numbers were against weak teams. Buffalo, Miami, and SF all rolled us and he did not play well.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The Cowboys under Dak have always been beaten badly when they faced a legitimate contender or any team that was willing to get physical with them. Their defense gets gashed and they have no offense until the opposing team backs off and coasts for the remainder of the game.
Then, Dak puts up big stats in a comeback that is destined to fail because the opposing team was cruising.
So this season the NFL wanted ratings early, so they pitted the top teams against other top teams early. It's been that way all over the league; contenders knocking each other off in the first three weeks to see who is going to be left standing and in control of their division as the season gets under way.
And that was bad news for the Cowboys. Facing playoff caliber teams at the beginning of the season exposed them. They didn't get to pad their record with wins vs easy teams before the truth set in. And the NFC East may not be the cake walk it has been in the past.
This is the Cowboys. Might as well let them be exposed early rather than have them cruise into the post season like champions only to get manhandled by a contender at that point. If they can't cut it, let another perennial loser have a shot at the playoffs.
If this makes them mad, let them prove me wrong.
I love it. Let it all mess with Jerry's mental

NotForLong

Reaction score
The defense puts Dak in a huge hole where we all know we have to score at least 30 point to have a chance. Dak doesn’t play defense and Dak doesn't make the GM decisions that have doomed any chance of a deep playoff run for almost 3 decades. Dak is not a top five QB but he is a top QB stats wise.
If I had a nickel every time I heard this excuse

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak has been aweful the past 2 games when the game was still in reach. The past 3 home games actually, he's come out flat and out of rythm. He sucked for 3 quarters against Balitmore and all 4 quarters vs New Orleans. He needs to move the chains and give the defense a rest. His stats are meaningless bc he's not putting them up when the game is still in question.
Exactly

visionary

Reaction score
The Cowboys under Dak have always been beaten badly when they faced a legitimate contender or any team that was willing to get physical with them. Their defense gets gashed and they have no offense until the opposing team backs off and coasts for the remainder of the game.
Then, Dak puts up big stats in a comeback that is destined to fail because the opposing team was cruising.
So this season the NFL wanted ratings early, so they pitted the top teams against other top teams early. It's been that way all over the league; contenders knocking each other off in the first three weeks to see who is going to be left standing and in control of their division as the season gets under way.
And that was bad news for the Cowboys. Facing playoff caliber teams at the beginning of the season exposed them. They didn't get to pad their record with wins vs easy teams before the truth set in. And the NFC East may not be the cake walk it has been in the past.
This is the Cowboys. Might as well let them be exposed early rather than have them cruise into the post season like champions only to get manhandled by a contender at that point. If they can't cut it, let another perennial loser have a shot at the playoffs.
Im shocked
We have a great GM and QB combination
How can you be so negative

:laugh:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak is not a perfect QB and def has his limitations, but last yr he led the league in TD passes and threw for over 4k yards. That puts him in some pretty good company. And he did that with Jerry as the head coach, Jerry as the GM, and Jerry creating constant distractions that 31 other QBs never have to contend with.

Let’s not pretend the Cowboys are like any other franchise because we are not. Our front office dysfunction has produced a near 3 decade deep playoff run drought that looks to continue for years. And fans wanted Dak to take a home town discount to put up with all the bs Jerry puts everyone in the org through.
Yawn . . . blah blah blah

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am not shocked at all.
You cant crap the bed in the off season like our front office did and
expect better results.
We got the team this incompetent front office deserves.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Dak has been aweful the past 2 games when the game was still in reach. The past 3 home games actually, he's come out flat and out of rythm. He sucked for 3 quarters against Balitmore and all 4 quarters vs New Orleans. He needs to move the chains and give the defense a rest. His stats are meaningless bc he's not putting them up when the game is still in question.
I agree with that.

starfan1

Reaction score
No but Dak does constantly throw behind his receivers while going 3 and out repeatedly.

He does not help the defense any more than they have been helping him.
Drama much? Dallas only had 1 3 and out in the entire game Sunday. I do recognize that he misses his mark with passes sometimes but you guys exaggerate the frequency of it. He had a few on sunday as well. You guys blame sacks on him ,penalties on him basically anything that don't go great is his fault.When you get behind the chains in the NF Lits not easy to recover

The defense and the terrible run game are the worst part of this team at the moment.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/week-...-sep-22-2024-game-boxscore-10489?tab=boxscore

shabazz

Reaction score
So most NFL QBs throw 36 TD passes and throw for 4000+ yards?
No , but it can depend on conference,division and strength of schedule and if said qb is allowed to stay in blowout wins and pad stats

IE , playing against the Commanders backups in the final blowout game of the season last year and getting the easiest 370 yards and 4TDs available

Somebody can actually be in the MVP race beating up on the lowly Giants and Commanders 4 times a year

kevm3

Reaction score
It's not any surprise when anyone with an ounce of sense looked at the construction of the team and realized we got WORSE. We let talent walk and did zero to replace them and every year, we essentially put expectations on our rookies to come in and play at a high level like they were 5 year vets.

Who DIDN'T see the run game looking mediocre when our RB1 left and we replaced him with the same RB we let walk years ago for underperforming? The guy who WANTED to come here, our FO doesn't even bother to call him and he proceeds to run for like 150 yards on us.

The stuff we're complaining about is the same stuff we were complaining about when Romo was here and the same stuff we will be complaining about when Dak is gone. We've literally overturned the whole team, the whole coaching staff and it's the same results. Not hard to figure out why.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Your’e right. Its all Daks fault and Jerry is blameless. I can’t believe I thought otherwise.
You are hilarious. You just had a make believe conversation with yourself

I said yawn blah blah blah because I have heard your tired excuse over and over and over again. That's all

At this point it is sad

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Drama much? Dallas only had 1 3 and out in the entire game Sunday. I do recognize that he misses his mark with passes sometimes but you guys exaggerate the frequency of it. He had a few on sunday as well. You guys blame sacks on him ,penalties on him basically anything that don't go great is his fault.When you get behind the chains in the NF Lits not easy to recover

The defense and the terrible run game are the worst part of this team at the moment.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/week-...-sep-22-2024-game-boxscore-10489?tab=boxscore

And where did I mention it was just the Baltimore game? I'll wait. I am talking about the games the past 2 years against teams with winning records.

And yes, a lot of sacks are him. He holds the ball too long. If you want to say that not on him but on McCarthy's play calling, I am fine with that.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
And where did I mention it was just the Baltimore game? I'll wait. I am talking about the games the past 2 years against teams with winning records.

And yes, a lot of sacks are him. He holds the ball too long. If you want to say that not on him but on McCarthy's play calling, I am fine with that.
Dak does hold the ball too long, has a slow release, and takes unnecessary sacks far too often.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
So most NFL QBs throw 36 TD passes and throw for 4000+ yards?
Stats are what they are. And he accumulates yards and TDs against inferior opponents.

If they were winning games against quality opponents, fine. But they aren't.

2023 season

Against Playoff Teams​

• Total Games: 4 (including the Green Bay playoff game)
  • Pass Completions: 114
  • Pass Attempts: 168
  • Completion Percentage: 67.9%
  • Passing Yards: 1,204
  • Touchdowns: 8
  • Interceptions: 4
  • Passer Rating: 98.1

Against Non-Playoff Teams​

• Total Games: 13
  • Pass Completions: 296
  • Pass Attempts: 422
  • Completion Percentage: 70.2%