It's not like any of this is a surprise

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This thread is a total lie. The Cowboys have won 36 games in the previous 3 seasons. Who has won more in the regular season in that same timeframe?

starfan1

Reaction score
And where did I mention it was just the Baltimore game? I'll wait. I am talking about the games the past 2 years against teams with winning records.

And yes, a lot of sacks are him. He holds the ball too long. If you want to say that not on him but on McCarthy's play calling, I am fine with that.
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

In 2023, some of the top NFL quarterbacks for throwing the ball in under 2.5 seconds included:
  • Tua Tagovailoa: Miami Dolphins quarterback who led the NFL in passing grade, touchdowns, passing yards, and big-time throws
  • Jared Goff: Detroit Lions quarterback
  • Dak Prescott: Dallas Cowboys quarterback
  • Trevor Lawrence: Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback
  • Jordan Love: Green Bay Packers quarterback
  • Josh Allen: Buffalo Bills quarterback
  • Jalen Hurts: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback
  • Jake Browning: Cincinnati Bengals quarterback
  • Baker Mayfield: Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback
  • Russell Wilson: Denver Broncos quarterback
You didn't say just this year but i just looked up stats on release or pressure from the snap and Dak has consistently been around 2.4 to 2.5 so unless im reading something wrong that claim isnt correct either. Sacks can happen for a variety of reason yes QB taking to long to get rid of the ball is one of the. How fast your lineman get beat is another. Play calling is another. Terrence Steele is a weak spot in pass blocking and has been even before his injury.Thats not to absolve Dak of any responsibility cause at times it is him but again you guys look at the cowboys offense through a Dak sucks lense and sometimes overlook other factors.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacked-qb-in-2022-to-2023

Dak also is 17th in league in terms of how often hes sacked so its not terrible. I truly believe the lack of running game is a bigger contributor to our failure than the QB. Now if you want to go back to 16-18 then that's a different story.

I dont want to go back and look into gamelogs against all the teams with winning records but I bet if i did the stats wouldn't be too dissimilar than the ravens game. and those 3 and outs could happen for a variety of reasons not just the QB.

But wait he makes 60 mil so its always on him

LOBO7

Reaction score
The defense puts Dak in a huge hole where we all know we have to score at least 30 point to have a chance. Dak doesn’t play defense and Dak doesn't make the GM decisions that have doomed any chance of a deep playoff run for almost 3 decades. Dak is not a top five QB but he is a top QB stats wise.
WE had the ball first.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The defense puts Dak in a huge hole where we all know we have to score at least 30 point to have a chance. Dak doesn’t play defense and Dak doesn't make the GM decisions that have doomed any chance of a deep playoff run for almost 3 decades. Dak is not a top five QB but he is a top QB stats wise.
Before the last 10 minutes of last weeks game, the offense scored 1 TD in 9 quarters. Apparently he didn't play that either.

And no, I am not blaming him completely, just tired of reading he doesn't play defense when the offense has been just as putrid.

Last edited:

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Stats are what they are. And he accumulates yards and TDs against inferior opponents.

If they were winning games against quality opponents, fine. But they aren't.

2023 season

Against Playoff Teams​

• Total Games: 4 (including the Green Bay playoff game)
  • Pass Completions: 114
  • Pass Attempts: 168
  • Completion Percentage: 67.9%
  • Passing Yards: 1,204
  • Touchdowns: 8
  • Interceptions: 4
  • Passer Rating: 98.1

Against Non-Playoff Teams​

• Total Games: 13
  • Pass Completions: 296
  • Pass Attempts: 422
  • Completion Percentage: 70.2%
  • Passing Yards: 3,312
  • Touchdowns: 31
  • Interceptions: 7
  • Passer Rating: 108.7
Apologies, I forgot the Philly games.

Against Playoff Teams (Includes playoff game)​

• Games Played: 6
  • Total Passing Yards: 1,450
  • Total Touchdowns: 16
  • Total Interceptions: 7
  • Completion Percentage: 66%
  • Quarterback Rating: 98.5

Against Non-Playoff Teams:​

• Games Played: 12
  • Total Passing Yards: 3,000
  • Total Touchdowns: 23 (12 of which were just NYG and Washington)
  • Total Interceptions: 4
  • Completion Percentage: 68%
  • Quarterback Rating: 102.0

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

In 2023, some of the top NFL quarterbacks for throwing the ball in under 2.5 seconds included:
  • Tua Tagovailoa: Miami Dolphins quarterback who led the NFL in passing grade, touchdowns, passing yards, and big-time throws
  • Jared Goff: Detroit Lions quarterback
  • Dak Prescott: Dallas Cowboys quarterback
  • Trevor Lawrence: Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback
  • Jordan Love: Green Bay Packers quarterback
  • Josh Allen: Buffalo Bills quarterback
  • Jalen Hurts: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback
  • Jake Browning: Cincinnati Bengals quarterback
  • Baker Mayfield: Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback
  • Russell Wilson: Denver Broncos quarterback
You didn't say just this year but i just looked up stats on release or pressure from the snap and Dak has consistently been around 2.4 to 2.5 so unless im reading something wrong that claim isnt correct either. Sacks can happen for a variety of reason yes QB taking to long to get rid of the ball is one of the. How fast your lineman get beat is another. Play calling is another. Terrence Steele is a weak spot in pass blocking and has been even before his injury.Thats not to absolve Dak of any responsibility cause at times it is him but again you guys look at the cowboys offense through a Dak sucks lense and sometimes overlook other factors.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacked-qb-in-2022-to-2023

Dak also is 17th in league in terms of how often hes sacked so its not terrible. I truly believe the lack of running game is a bigger contributor to our failure than the QB. Now if you want to go back to 16-18 then that's a different story.

I dont want to go back and look into gamelogs against all the teams with winning records but I bet if i did the stats wouldn't be too dissimilar than the ravens game. and those 3 and outs could happen for a variety of reasons not just the QB.

But wait he makes 60 mil so its always on him
The running game I totally agree on. Total fiasco. The offense scheme as a whole is not great and struggles against good teams.

I am by no means a Dak hater. I am just in the group that thinks if you are paying him 60 million a year, he needs to be elite. Right now he is Kirk Cousins.

starfan1

Reaction score
The running game I totally agree on. Total fiasco. The offense scheme as a whole is not great and struggles against good teams.

I am by no means a Dak hater. I am just in the group that thinks if you are paying him 60 million a year, he needs to be elite. Right now he is Kirk Cousins.
no disagreement there .I am just in the group that very few QBs possess the ability to be elite without the help of other factors on the team unless your generational and even then you need some help. in terms of his pay Dak has shown us who he is. he can be good enough to get you there if he has help. Jerry got bent over without lube both times but he has shown over the course of many years that hes going to be loyal and pay the players regardless of what they do on the field. I am going to root hard for him because hes the QB of my team

He also has shown that he don't have a clue how to build a team in the salary cap era. This has been a 30 year problem not a 9

We also on this board have endured an entire off-season of Dak sucks he isnt going to be extended by some on this board so I cant say that Im not just a tiny bit happy that it eats at those who make this board miserable to come to at times. I also would have been just fine if he didnt get extended.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Stats are what they are. And he accumulates yards and TDs against inferior opponents.

If they were winning games against quality opponents, fine. But they aren't.

2023 season

Against Playoff Teams​

• Total Games: 4 (including the Green Bay playoff game)
  • Pass Completions: 114
  • Pass Attempts: 168
  • Completion Percentage: 67.9%
  • Passing Yards: 1,204
  • Touchdowns: 8
  • Interceptions: 4
  • Passer Rating: 98.1

Against Non-Playoff Teams​

• Total Games: 13
  • Pass Completions: 296
  • Pass Attempts: 422
  • Completion Percentage: 70.2%
  • Passing Yards: 3,312
  • Touchdowns: 31
  • Interceptions: 7
  • Passer Rating: 108.7
I know. It’s a feast famine situation, but it does make a QB’s job more difficult when the defense can’t make a stop and that has been the reason we haven’t reached the conference championship game in almost 30 years. Romo could have got us there and Dak too but the defense in the playoffs gets punched in the mouth and they cower, not rise to the occasion.

I will also add that the Jones model where all players and coaches are accountable directly to Jerry instead of the “head coach” is beyond toxic and crippling to the organization. Romo and Dak have done remark well in this extremely dysfunctional organization, but no one can win in the Jones system, or at least not for the past 28 seasons regardless of QB, hc, or players.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Before the last 10 minutes of last weeks game, the offense scored 1 TD in 9 quarters. Apparently he didn't play that either.

And no, I am not blaming him completely, just tired of reading he doesn't play defense when the offense has been just as putrid.
Great points and Dak has played poorly lately. But again, the Jones boys did him no favors with a lone playmaker on offense (Cooks and our TE are good players but not playmakers). Just look at the weapons the Eagles GM gave Hurts. They have 4 on offense and we have one.