It's official: Brady will test free agency

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're right I don't appreciate a top 20 QB wanting to be paid like an MVP Sb Champ. Nick Foles won a damn SB. He got benched this season to Minshew. What if ****** QB's we had 20 years ago also had ****** coaches and even bad rosters around them?
No doubt, the poor coaching 20 years ago is a factor but even when Parcells was our coach, the team couldn't overcome having an inferior QB. No one should be wanting to return to that.

As for Dak, there are only 3 QBs with a higher career passer rating than Dak... Russell Wilson, Aaron Rogers, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Look at what those QB's are making and then you know what Dak should be making too. Speaking of MVP QBs, the projected odds for which QB will earn MVP honors in 2020, Dak ranks 5th. You drastically under appreciate him.

Gaede

Reaction score
I am curious if people actually watched Brady this year or are they thinking that we'd be getting the Brady from like 5 years ago?

I didn't, to be honest. I'm just assuming one of the greatest QBs of all time could run our offense better than Dak

Dallasfann

Reaction score
No doubt, the poor coaching 20 years ago is a factor but even when Parcells was our coach, the team couldn't overcome having an inferior QB. No one should be wanting to return to that.

As for Dak, there are only 3 QBs with a higher career passer rating than Dak... Russell Wilson, Aaron Rogers, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Look at what those QB's are making and then you know what Dak should be making too. Speaking of MVP QBs, the projected odds for which QB will earn MVP honors in 2020, Dak ranks 5th. You drastically under appreciate him.

Parcells went 10-6 with a coked out Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick running the football. That's as good of an accomplishment a coach can have. NFL teams need to have talent all over the field to win games. If you have a SUPERSTAR Qb that also can get the job done, but Dak Prescott is no where near a Superstar. If you don't have a superstar QB you need a complete team. Once the 49ers lose some of that talent on defense Jimmy G won't be sniffing the playoffs. Mahomes can lose some talent all over the field but his team will always be competitive.

Dak just went 8-8 with boatloads of talent for god sake. Now we are gonna make him the richest man in NFL history? Sounds really dumb to me.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Parcells went 10-6 with a coked out Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick running the football. That's as good of an accomplishment a coach can have. NFL teams need to have talent all over the field to win games. If you have a SUPERSTAR Qb that also can get the job done, but Dak Prescott is no where near a Superstar. If you don't have a superstar QB you need a complete team. Once the 49ers lose some of that talent on defense Jimmy G won't be sniffing the playoffs. Mahomes can lose some talent all over the field but his team will always be competitive.

Dak just went 8-8 with boatloads of talent for god sake. Now we are gonna make him the richest man in NFL history? Sounds really dumb to me.
Why do you keep bring up W-L records as anecdotal evidence of how good a QB is on a team sport? Parcell's 10-6 Cowboys fell short as a team, not because of the QB. Just as the 2019 8-8 Cowboys fell short as a team, not because of the QB. This just shows how little woke you are about evaluating QBs. Dak is a superstar QB and no matter how many times you say otherwise, he's a superstar QB. Despite your objections, he's about to get paid like one. Notice how you ignore Dak's career passer rating when I mention it.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Why do you keep bring up W-L records as anecdotal evidence of how good a QB is on a team sport? Parcell's 10-6 Cowboys fell short as a team, not because of the QB. Just as the 2019 8-8 Cowboys fell short as a team, not because of the QB. This just shows how little woke you are about evaluating QBs. Dak is a superstar QB and no matter how many times you say otherwise, he's a superstar QB. Despite your objections, he's about to get paid like one. Notice how you ignore Dak's career passer rating when I mention it.

If you think Dak is a superstar then you don't watch the games on TV. Since you don't watch the games I don't think me and you view Dak Prescott even remotely close. You will never convince me that Dak is worth the biggest contract in NFL history. Ever...and I can totally understand how I will never be able to convince someone who checks box scores after game that he isn't. Let's just call a spade a spade. The fact that Jerry hasn't caved yet leads me to believe he can still see the field from up in his box. Thank god.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If you think Dak is a superstar then you don't watch the games on TV. Since you don't watch the games I don't think me and you view Dak Prescott even remotely close. You will never convince me that Dak is worth the biggest contract in NFL history. Ever...and I can totally understand how I will never be able to convince someone who checks box scores after game that he isn't. Let's just call a spade a spade. The fact that Jerry hasn't caved yet leads me to believe he can still see the field from up in his box. Thank god.
You are false on a few things. Mainly the entire Jerry hasn't caved yet..... it's widely known that the holdup isn't about how much but how long. Jerry and company wants Dak locked up for 7 years while Dak wants a short contract. Even if Dak got more than Wilson his contract wouldn't stand as most paid for even 1 year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you don't think Dak is a superstar QB then you must have been in a coma the past 4 years. Since you have been comatose, you shouldn't be telling anyone about anything. I'm not trying to correct your ignorance about Dak. I am perfectly fine if you remain so ignorant about Dak. Just get off CZ pretending your coma didn't happen. Jerry will make Dak a rich man and then you will finally have to tell the truth... you were in a coma. God bless!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If you don't think Dak is a superstar QB then you must have been in a coma the past 4 years. Since you have been comatose, you shouldn't be telling anyone about anything. I'm not trying to correct your ignorance about Dak. I am perfectly fine if you remain so ignorant about Dak. Just get off CZ pretending your coma didn't happen. Jerry will make Dak a rich man and then you will finally have to tell the truth... you were in a coma. God bless!

You're saying a superstar QB just went 8-8 in the worst division in the NFL with all pros all around him on offense and didnt have one 4th quarter drive to win us a game this season. Jesus bro. If I've been in a coma you've been dead.

If Dak is a superstar then what the hell are Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Lamar and Russel Wilson...lol you must be Daks aunt or something. How is he doing this off season? Tell him I say hi!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're saying a superstar QB just went 8-8 in the worst division in the NFL with all pros all around him on offense and didnt have one 4th quarter drive to win us a game this season. Jesus bro. If I've been in a coma you've been dead.

If Dak is a superstar then what the hell are Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Lamar and Russel Wilson...lol you must be Daks aunt or something. How is he doing this off season? Tell him I say hi!
Yes, I'm telling you a superstar QB just went 8-8. It happens. Oh btw, it's hard for Dak to have all pros all around him when the Cowboys only had one (Zack), LOL I don't blame you for saying such ignorant things, you were in a coma. Just stop doubling down as if you know anything.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Funny you named Rodgers...... do you not count his 6-9-1 record from 1 year ago..... that's 6 wins and 9 losses with 1 tie. Could you help tell me if that's better than 8-8?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don't think so. I don't think it will even be close to the 83 draft

We agree to disagree, let’s discuss it over a few beers in 2024. But I think there’s at least 5 franchise quarterbacks in this draft, maybe 6.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Dak is yesterdays news if you bring in Brady, he isn't signing to be a back up on any team, especially not this team..
We trade Dak for whatever we can get, we only invested a 4th.. now the Cowboys actually harvest what the patriots have been doing for years.
You harvest draft picks and anything can happen in the draft,, Im not a Dak hater, just trying to explain how you can improve a franchise over night, if you
make the perfect deal, at the perfect time.

Unless we do a Tag and Trade which is very hard to pull off. We are not trading Dak.. HE IS A UFA right now.. get that through your thick skull. We don't sign him and he goes to Miami, New York, or Indianapolis probably. If we actually are thinking about letting Dak walk, then are best bet is to draft in 2nd round and sign someone like Tannehill, Rivers, or Bridgewater.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Another option to upgrade the position.

Not sure if serious.

Dalton has an 0-4 playoff record, worse stats than Dak and a worse winning %, and turns 33 this year. That's in spite of playing on a team with a bunch of top 10 (and even top 5!) defenses and having AJ Green to throw to.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I can see Chargers picking him up on one 1 yr contract.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Brady's gimp arm.

Haha, maybe.

I do think Brady will not leave New England. This is just a controversy over money and nothing else.

I dont view New England as legit. Never seen it that way. There is a lot of coterie in the NFL. And New England has the right connections to make use of it. Brady would be stupid to leave this place.

I see him get a new deal in NE or call it a wrap.

Maybe he could chose to go to the Giants. Just because Mara is there. And he is a big part of NEs success. But thats a big big maybe imo.

I do think there is zero chance he will come to us. Just because JJ can pay him all the money but has zero connections inside the NFL when it comes to winning a championship.

Last edited: