It's official: Brady will test free agency

doomsday9084

Reaction score
With Brady officially testing the market, looks like Pats will be in the market for a young QB to lead them to another SB. I believe Belichick will give up 2 first round picks for Dak Prescott since he doesn't value picks much as FA.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...tom-brady-to-test-free-agency-this-offseason/

Isn't Belichick the guy who routinely trades his good players to stock up on draft picks and has won by underpaying his QB?
Hasn't he routinely picked up QB's off the garbage pile and turned them into winners?

Isn't this the exact opposite of a BB move?

sean10mm

Reaction score
So Cowboys fans think Dak is a garbageman, but also that the Patriots will give two 1st round picks for him?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

quickccc

Reaction score
Two reasons. Brady can teach the Cowboys how to prepare and take care of business during the regular season. I.e., get priorities in order.

Then he can teach them how to compete in the playoffs with the goal of winning championships.

Charles Haley helped the 1992 Cowboys prepare, practice, and play like champions since he already experienced 2 SB victories previously.

Brady has been to 9 SBs with 6 victories. Both more than the Dallas Cowboys have ever accomplished.

Brady is also at an age where he could more likely retire at any given time. Much like the same scenario Saints face with Drew Brees. and that's why the likes of Teddy Bridgewater and Shaun Hill
had remain in the depth chart just in case. (will wait to see about Bridge and Hill who are UFA's now) .. and you have to be prepared for that.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Peyton Manning has a superbowl ring playing worse than Brady would play after "lightning quick:"

Lol - certainly not because of anything Peyton Manning did that year. He wasn't bad - he was awful. He was the lowest rated passer in the league in 2015. His rating was 67 for the regular season and 75 for the post season. You a QB WINZ guy? This is extreme even for that First Take, Disney+ view.

quickccc

Reaction score
I knew this board would have fun with the Brady FA announcement... ..

but that aside, I do wonder what prompted the actual owner to publicly announce and " encourage" Brady to seek out the best deal he can in FA while leaving the door open to
re-sign with the Pats.
Wow, .how's that for loyalty for a sure fire HOFer that delivered a super -rare dynasty for over two decades !!??

I would think you just don't do that to a guy that just won yet another SB only 2 years ago. and still showing you that given significant weapons - not average ones, he can still be
effective and sufficient enough to operate the offense to allow the Pats to push for another SB.

Brady may not be quite the mad bomber and prolific surgeon of yester years, but he's not broken down physically, missing games, leaving games injury, and limp armed as Rivers appears to be.
If you design an efficient short passing game, use him in sync with a terrific (not just above average) and get him the lead TE and separation WRs he simply appears to no longer has in NE.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm down with Brady for one-two years under McCarthy, handing the ball to Zeke and throwing to Cooper and Gallup. Yes, that works for me.

I am curious if people actually watched Brady this year or are they thinking that we'd be getting the Brady from like 5 years ago?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Oh, so its the team you hate. You like Dak because why? You don't think he can get the team to the Super Bowl which jives well with your hate for the team.

What are you even talking about? Since I don't want to pay Dak 40 million a year I hate the team? I'm so confused. I probably defend this team in the regular season more then anybody on this board. Tom Brady is an upgrade over Dak. We could use one of our 3 first round picks over the next 2 years on a QB that has an elite ability and have Tom at the helm on this already talented team. I am suggesting an alternative were we upgrade at the QB position and you call it hating the team. So confused.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What are you even talking about? Since I don't want to pay Dak 40 million a year I hate the team? I'm so confused. I probably defend this team in the regular season more then anybody on this board. Tom Brady is an upgrade over Dak. We could use one of our 3 first round picks over the next 2 years on a QB that has an elite ability and have Tom at the helm on this already talented team. I am suggesting an alternative were we upgrade at the QB position and you call it hating the team. So confused.
You aren't paying Dak $40M a year and that's not the price anyway. It's going to be between $36-$38M a year. Why do you act like it's your money? Pay it now because he won't be any cheaper by delaying it till later. Dak is the QB so stop with the tantrum and just get used to the idea.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You aren't paying Dak $40M a year and that's not the price anyway. It's going to be between $36-$38M a year. Why do you act like it's your money? Pay it now because he won't be any cheaper by delaying it till later. Dak is the QB so stop with the tantrum and just get used to the idea.

It appears you hate the team more then I do. What happened to Seattle after a WAY more talented Russel Wilson got paid? No **** it's not my money, but it's my favorite football team and giving, sorry not 40, but 38.8 million dollars a year to a top 20 QB is the best way for MY favorite team to suck for another 10 years.

I'd argue I'm the Cowboy fan wanting this team to win and you are a Dak fan wanting him to get paid. ****, Dak...is that you? My bad bro...but you understand right?

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Gisele in a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader uniform on Halloween would be pretty hot and cool.............

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'd be down with this if you could take 5 to 8 years off Brady's age. But he's 43. Even Brady can't last forever. Bring in a 43 year-old QB and probably lose your starter? No thanks.

Ron12

Reaction score
No way do I want anything to do with a 43 year old QB sign Dak & lets get on with the other business what is wrong with you people .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It appears you hate the team more then I do. What happened to Seattle after a WAY more talented Russel Wilson got paid? No **** it's not my money, but it's my favorite football team and giving, sorry not 40, but 38.8 million dollars a year to a top 20 QB is the best way for MY favorite team to suck for another 10 years.

I'd argue I'm the Cowboy fan wanting this team to win and you are a Dak fan wanting him to get paid. ****, Dak...is that you? My bad bro...but you understand right?
When has the QB position not been expensive to fill? I'll tell you when. The last 4 seasons. The Cowboys have had a QB on the cheap so its time to go back to that position being expensive. Cowboys fans are a fickle bunch, they never appreciate what they have until its gone.

Being your favorite team doesn't give you anymore say so on how they spend their money so why you think that matters, I don't know. You think you want more for this team than I do yet you don't want to do the right thing for them. Keeping their franchise QB is the right thing. Going back to the days of Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe is not an option. That period of time as a Cowboys fan was painful to go through or have you forgotten?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If you brought in Brady, I don't think it would be for backup duty.
I imagine Brady might have enough left in the tank with good offensive line and weapons.

HOWEVER...that means you lose Dak.

You can't trade him unless you sign and trade or do the tag situation and someone agrees to terms.

And even if you did do that, you would have to hope for a good QB prospect to draft because Tom at best only has a couple years left in him if that.

Either way I doubt you would have both on your roster at the same time.
Dak is yesterdays news if you bring in Brady, he isn't signing to be a back up on any team, especially not this team..
We trade Dak for whatever we can get, we only invested a 4th.. now the Cowboys actually harvest what the patriots have been doing for years.
You harvest draft picks and anything can happen in the draft,, Im not a Dak hater, just trying to explain how you can improve a franchise over night, if you
make the perfect deal, at the perfect time.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew this board would have fun with the Brady FA announcement... ..
giphy.gif