Its time for Dak to put up or shut up

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Same goes for DLaw for the exact same reasons. He's paid to carry the defense and he has to step up and be disruptive for the opposing team. Dak, Cooper and DLaw have to earn their superstar contracts.

I guess Zeke can be added as well since he has a big contract. Time for the OL also to do what they are paid to do and not allow the Niners defensive line to pressure Dak to much or stuff the run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's worst completion percentage in the playoffs is 62.2. He has thrown 5 TD to 2 INTs in his 3 playoff games. His teams have never been held to less than 22 points in the playoffs.. In short.. Prescott has never had an actual "bad" game in the playoffs. I don't think he starts this year. Ironically his worst game came in his only win against Seattle.. Go figure.. I think Dak is one of those guys who rises to the moment.. So I expect him to be lights out on Sunday..

If the line can pass block then he will have a good game. WE already know the run game will probably not be effective. Im sure they come out in a two deep safety look daring us to run the ball. Dak will have to be patient with the underneath stuff.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The entire team needs to step up on both sides of the ball and Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn most call great games and McCarthy can't be bad with clock management. It's going to take this whole team playing on their A game to get to the Super Bowl.

Exactly, again if Dak were to go out and put up big numbers and we lose what difference does it make? The object of the game is to win and to do that we need players including Dak to step up and make the plays. Frankly if Dak where to throw for under 200 yards and we win I be just as happy because again the object is not who put up the stats it is who won the game. Loser goes home and winner moves on to the next round.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No more excuses. This team can make a SB run if dak puts up and finally beats winning football teams for once come playoffs!!

Dont you dare ruin my kids dreams you damn wannabe aikman!!!!!
so lets say, for sake of argument. we score every quarter. dak and offense play great. we put up 31 points. but defense, specifically run defenses collapses and we gave up 34.... is that Dak ruining your dream?

Wins/losses are a team effort....everyone has to play a part.

and its you and few others who continuously want Aikman, Brady or Rodgers and not satisfied with anyone else....well news for you. we don't have any of those guys, they are a rare breed. Dak is what he is. the rest is fan created.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I expect Dak to play well. I expect him to at least play well enough for him to give us a good chance to win. Of course everyone else matters and has to play well but the simple fact of the matter is that the single most important factor in how we do in the playoffs is going to be how well Dak does.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No more excuses. This team can make a SB run if dak puts up and finally beats winning football teams for once come playoffs!!

It’s time for the team to put up or shut up ,

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If the line can pass block then he will have a good game. WE already know the run game will probably not be effective. Im sure they come out in a two deep safety look daring us to run the ball. Dak will have to be patient with the underneath stuff.

I expect the 49ers to do what every team does to the Cowboys early.. and that's play 5 down linemen and force our tight ends to block DEs and see if they can dupe Dak and Moore into not running the ball any more. Crowd the line, bail, drop the backers deep then rally and tackle the underneath routes. The zone blocking will not work if they put 5 men on the line. You have to cut that defense in half and drive one half off the ball while attacking the edges.. If we can get Collins firing out into Bosa's body on running plays he will have him on roller skates. If we go slide step zone blocking Bosa is too athletic for Collins to stay in front of him.. Normally Armstead lines up next to Bosa which would put him in front of Zack Martin.. I'm going to go ahead and assume their DC aint that stupid. Why would I put my two best d-linemen on the strongest side of the offense? So I expect them to flip at least Armstead to match him up against Williams.. Flipping Bosa makes less sense if Tyron is even close to 100%.. But no matter what we do, we can't just repeatedly run shotgun delay up the middle and expect it to succeed. Our line aint that dominant and the 49ers defensive line is too good.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Make sure you put the kids to bed early Sunday because the 9ers are going to have 4's number. Unfortunately, for us we're stuck with a KIRK COUSINS look alike................

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time for the Cowboys to walk the walk instead of talking the talk.
This is a team game.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, the defense for the most part has been the biggest factor in why the Cowboys have lost playoff games with Dak as the QB. Dak still has to play well of course. But it's not like his play has been trash in the playoff games he has played in so far.
#1 ranked offense and he's breaking statistical records. Some delusional fans expect him to be perfect and although he's had his struggles, that's every QB on every team every season. Same can be said of the run game, WRs and the O line. Coaching as well. It takes everyone to execute. We have a great team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Time for some posters to "shut up". The whining is overwhelming.

MEANWHILE....Dak & Wodgers are the only QBs this season to pass for at least 4000 yards & 35 TDs w/10 or fewer INTs.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Time for some posters to "shut up". The whining is overwhelming.

MEANWHILE....Dak & Wodgers are the only QBs this season to pass for at least 4000 yards & 35 TDs w/10 or fewer INTs.
Im happy we are in the tournament and if you read my OP i think we can make a run.

Dont misunderstand. I just want dak to finally put up in the postseason.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess Zeke can be added as well since he has a big contract. Time for the OL also to do what they are paid to do and not allow the Niners defensive line to pressure Dak to much or stuff the run.
so yes its team game and on the team not anyone players.