It's time to call out Tony Romo about his stat-padding at the end of games

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't know how football works, but wouldn't Romo pad his stats better if he threw a long bomb for a touchdown instead of the dink and dunk stuff that the OP was referencing?

dstovall5

Reaction score
But to say the QB has nothing to do with this team being mediocre is silly
. What are you talking about? Who said the QB hasn't played a part in our past failures?

Romo was ok today
Just ok? Please, give me a break, Romo played GOOD today. Not his fault his WRs don't know how to catch the ball causing multiple incomplete 3rd downs.

The blame for the lost shouldn't fall solely on his shoulders but if the offense is only scoring 14 points or 17-21 without the Williams fumble, yo have to look at the QB and the O coordinator.

Let's ignore the penalties, dropped balls, and stupid rookie mistakes, instead lets get onto our QB who were one of the very few who actually played a good game today. If you want to talk about our horrible play calling and how it lacks creativity, then I'm all for it. But to say our QB only played "ok" is showing complete ignorance, "The QB may be able to throw the ball, but sure as heck can't catch it". Dallas doesn't pay their WRs to sit their and look pretty, they actually have a job to do. Shocking, I know. :eek:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't know how football works, but wouldn't Romo pad his stats better if he threw a long bomb for a touchdown instead of the dink and dunk stuff that the OP was referencing?

To some here, it doesn't matter what Romo does, whatever he does is wrong

bark

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if I am watching the same game as others.
When your defense is dominated up and down the field, it leaves little opportunities for the offense. Drop a few 3rd down passes and fumble in a key spot and its ballgame. Romo was not perfect, but far from the reason we lost.
PHILLIP RIVERS clowned us today!

Ender

Reaction score
How we can't be mad at our defense is beyond me. We have a 1st round pick that can't cover anyone. Demarcus Ware not getting one sack in this game and jumping offsides to give SD a first down. I just don't understand the logic at all. Could the offense done more, yes. But do you think they weren't taking deep shots because they knew our defense was in trouble? What is frustrating is that this team continues to run in neutral. We can never turn the corner and it's frustrating.

never said we can't be mad at defense. Its just not there fault the offence can't score.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Eli has been trying to force good things to happen by throwing the ball down field into double coverage, and he's 0-4 and leading the lead in picks for his trouble. Tony isn't doing that, and his lack of mistakes is keeping the games within reach. That's really all he can do by himself. If the Cowboys are going to win, the other 53 players are going to have to step up and play smart. The coaches need to coach smart, too.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I don't think people are blaming Romo for the loss. I know I'm not.

We're just not happy with the 2013 ultra conservative version of Romo. This team isn't good enough to win games with Romo simply being a bus driver. We need the gunslinging, throwin' the ol pigskin around with no f's given Romo.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Eli has been trying to force good things to happen by throwing the ball down field into double coverage, and he's 0-4 and leading the lead in picks for his trouble. Tony isn't doing that, and his lack of mistakes is keeping the games within reach. That's really all he can do.
I doubt there'd be one other fanbase in the league that wouldn't be thrilled with Romo's play, much less bashing him. The fans continue to be the worst thing about this team to me.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

We're just not happy with the 2013 ultra conservative version of Romo. This team isn't good enough to win games with Romo simply being a bus driver. We need the gunslinging, throwin' the ol pigskin around with no f's given Romo.

The thing is, he isn't being a bus driver either. Going into this game, he was top 5 in every category other than yards. Just because Romo is ultra efficient this season, doesn't mean he's being a bus driver. Bus drivers don't go on pace for 32TDs.

Ender

Reaction score
. What are you talking about? Who said the QB hasn't played a part in our past failures?

Just ok? Please, give me a break, Romo played GOOD today. Not his fault his WRs don't know how to catch the ball causing multiple incomplete 3rd downs.

Let's ignore the penalties, dropped balls, and stupid rookie mistakes, instead lets get onto our QB who were one of the very few who actually played a good game today. If you want to talk about our horrible play calling and how it lacks creativity, then I'm all for it. But to say our QB only played "ok" is showing complete ignorance, "The QB may be able to throw the ball, but sure as heck can't catch it". Dallas doesn't pay their WRs to sit their and look pretty, they actually have a job to do. Shocking, I know. :eek:

Cant ignore those things... And Romo was ok. Nothing to write home about

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score

That Romo throws a lot of interceptions and doesnt win games either.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All time idiotic (un)original post.

The offense had some issues, but come on, even the least qualified football fan would know the issue was that we could not stop anyone today. Phillip Rivers totally had his way with Dallas today.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

That version of Romo is more prone to INT's but it's also more prone to big plays which is what this offense needs.

Romo's YPA on the season is around 6.7, which puts him in the bottom half of the league. His Career YPA is 7.9.. that's a significant difference.

To put in perspective how conservative Romo has been this year, Alex Smith aka Captain Checkdown's career YPA is 6.55

DFWJC

Reaction score

The thing is, for his crareer his winning percentage IS high and his TD: INT is NOT terrible.
So really, you are incorrect on both accounts.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

Oh the one that has gotten us to 8-8 the last 2 seasons? No thanks.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As for this year.
At this rate (and I don't see anyone making it through the year with only 4 picks) he would end up with...
32 TDs and 4 ints.
That is very, very good.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
The thing is, for his crareer his winning percentage IS high and his TD: INT is NOT terrible.
So really, you are incorrect on both accounts.

I do not want to go back to the Romo throwing INT every game.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
As for this year.
At this rate (and I don't see anyone making it through the year with only 4 picks) he would end up with...
32 TDs and 4 ints.
That is very, very good.

Brady had 36 and 4 during 2010. But he had a much healthier YPA than Romo does, at nearly 8 compared to the 6.5 or so Romo is dinking out there now.

However, it was still a pretty subdued season from Brady as he didn't even crack 4000 yards that year. It shows that less can be more, which is why I think that it's possible the new dink and dunk Romo can be an improvement if the rest of the team can do something for a change...