It's time to start taking Noah Brown seriously

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
He was supposed to be this raw, unpolished WR who really excelled at blocking. I'm thinking ok, they found themselves another Vince Mayle. We used a pick to draft Zeke's homeboy. Cool, but best case scenario he's stashed on the practice squad.

He's getting snatched up by someone else if you don't put him on the 53 now.

His route running looks exceptional. He looks like a natural hands catcher. And he's shown some YAC ability.

@4:10 there is so much to get excited about. First he hits the CB with the saucy Cole Beasley hesi, and then breaks inside to create plenty of separation for Rush to throw the ball. Then he easily plucks the ball out of the air using only his hands. Next, YAC alert. He jukes the safety, turns up field and has the strength to break the arm tackle of the CB. The fumble obviously is a concern, but that's a lot of WOW in one play.

Another nasty route where he makes a CB look foolish. Easy 6.

Turns Marquez White completely around.

Brice Butler is a FA after this season and this team needs another outside WR moving forward. Noah Brown looks like he can be that guy.

And he's only 20.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He was supposed to be this raw, unpolished WR who really excelled at blocking. I'm thinking ok, they found themselves another Vince Mayle. We used a pick to draft Zeke's homeboy. Cool, but best case scenario he's stashed on the practice squad.

He's getting snatched up by someone else if you don't put him on the 53 now.

His route running looks exceptional. He looks like a natural hands catcher. And he's shown some YAC ability.

@4:10 there is so much to get excited about. First he hits the CB with the saucy Cole Beasley hesi, and then breaks inside to create plenty of separation for Rush to throw the ball. Then he easily plucks the ball out of the air using only his hands. Next, YAC alert. He jukes the safety, turns up field and has the strength to break the arm tackle of the CB. The fumble obviously is a concern, but that's a lot of WOW in one play.

Another nasty route where he makes a CB look foolish. Easy 6.

Turns Marquez White completely around.

Brice Butler is a FA after this season and this team needs another outside WR moving forward. Noah Brown looks like he can be that guy.

And he's only 20.

Could not agree more. Think Brice Butler should be traded to a WR needy team while his value is high. And this is coming from someone who once had high hopes for Brice as a Cowboy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I end up with a bottom-roster pet WR pretty much every preseason. I like Brown, and feel about him about the same way I felt about Vince Mayle. I'm all for keeping the guy, if space allows. I won't shed any tears, though, if we end up cutting him to make room at another position that's more important or harder to fill.

superonyx

Reaction score
Could not agree more. Think Brice Butler should be traded to a WR needy team while his value is high. And this is coming from someone who once had high hopes for Brice as a Cowboy.
Since when is Brice Butlers value high?
The dude would bring you a conditional late round pick if anything at all.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are NOT keeping 6 WRs. We never keep 6 WRs. There is not enough balls to go around for Noah to be on the 53. PS though.
It does not mean they would have 6 WRs active.

They have a few spots that are for developmental players. Those spots could be any position. A 6th WR, 4th TE, 3rd QB, 9th OL, 11th DL, 7th or 8th LB, 10th or 11th DB, etc..

windjc

Reaction score
It does not mean they would have 6 WRs active.

They have a few spots that are for developmental players. Those spots could be any position. A 6th WR, 4th TE, 3rd QB, 9th OL, 11th DL, 7th or 8th LB, 10th or 11th DB, etc..
Its not going to happen.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We are NOT keeping 6 WRs. We never keep 6 WRs. There is not enough balls to go around for Noah to be on the 53. PS though.

We did as recently as 2011, so that's a bit sooner than never. Besides, your logic is flawed. The players on the roster bubble with Brown all aren't likely to play/contribute, so not having enough balls for a 6th receiver isn't a concern. Holding onto a guy that could replace Brice Butler or even Terrence Williams in the future, should be the concern.

windjc

Reaction score
We did as recently as 2011, so that's a bit sooner than never. Besides, your logic is flawed. The players on the roster bubble with Brown all aren't likely to play/contribute, so not having enough balls for a 6th receiver isn't a concern. Holding onto a guy that could replace Brice Butler or even Terrence Williams in the future, should be the concern.
Every year there is a receiver people want us to keep. They never matter in the end. A 4th TE like Rico, an extra DL to cover the suspensions, a 3rd QB, an extra DB with all the draft picks used there - these are all precedents over a WR who doesnt excel at special teams, except for making bone head plays like creaming the other teams kicker.