News: ITS: Todd McShay's Mock Draft 4.0: Cowboys Select CB Jaycee Horn, DT Christian Barmore

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Reality, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

16,663 Messages
    16,046 Likes Received
    I have a hard time understanding why Sewell would slip into the teens. He's as squeaky-clean a OL prospect as I've seen in years.

Barmore in the second? Yes please. Don't see it happening, but would be a steal.

lwehlers and waving monkey like this.
  2. MarkP88

MarkP88 Well-Known Member

632 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    I don't see Barmore lasting till our 2nd round pick, but if it happened and we picked him, that'd be awesome.

However, if we took Horn in the first with Sewell on the board, I might travel to Dallas and smack someone in the head.

3. aria

aria Well-Known Member

17,543 Messages
    16,790 Likes Received
    Huh, I’ve seen quite a few pro Sewell and Slater remarks.

I really don’t see how they can screw this up amongst most fans.

Proof likes this.
  4. ColoradoCowboy

ColoradoCowboy Well-Known Member

486 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    Yup.

5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

25,628 Messages
    18,763 Likes Received
    Right. This has us maybe reaching slightly for Horn, but having Barmore fall to us. I could live with that.

Not that I won't be a little down about the higher-rated players we passed on in the first. We're badly in need of a corner and disruptive DT.

lwehlers and waving monkey like this.
  6. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

2,965 Messages
    1,962 Likes Received
    a talented defensive tackle like barmore i just cannot see lasting into the second round.

Avery likes this.
  7. The Realist

The Realist Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    1,285 Likes Received
    He thinks Barmore is gonna be around at 44?

8. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

4,020 Messages
    2,694 Likes Received
    Not nearly as sold on Horn as some

9. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,550 Messages
    4,431 Likes Received
    He has a taking the 3rd-4th best corner with the top 2 OL and the best LB still on the board. No thanks.

10. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

21,614 Messages
    28,568 Likes Received
    I’m not nearly the Barmore fan as a lot of people are. Not much about him really stands out to me. There are other DT’s that I like over him, but I could be wrong.

Now the Horn pick, I really like. He is a very good player and I love his attitude and aggression. Would just have to reign in his grabbing some.

Proof likes this.
  11. Jfconrow

Jfconrow Well-Known Member

544 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    The CB and DT are good, I just wish for a few players who could transform the team into a consistent Super Bowl contender. I don’t know if Horn is a Deion Sanders or Darelle Revis type of dude.

If they have to build one piece at a time I guess I’m ok with that, but if they could get a superstar (some kind of Polamalu safety, Tedy Bruski lb, Larry Allen ol), that’s what I’m looking for someone to give the team a new identity. I would like an OL in the first couple picks to protect Dak and help with the run game. I know the defense sucked last year but they lost Dak and the OL is shaky...I don’t like shaky OLs that’s not getting them to the Super Bowl.