It's Washington week!

dfense

Reaction score
Always my favorite two weeks of the season.

A team hurting from injuries, a third string QB, a RT benched at times last week, Arakpo's arms are falling off, Hall is hurt so Dez might be covered by a rookie, team is in a serious downward spiral.

I can see D. Jackson in McCoy's ear all week long pestering him to just throw it up to me.

The only thing that can make it more enjoyable is if RG3 gets to play.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Skins still have talent - Morris, Jackson. Don't be shocked if this is very close

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Divisional game, rivals, I expect this to like the Giants game, closer than people think.
I hope we blow them away, which is possible, but going into it expecting a hard fought game.

Rob Mexico

Reaction score
Too bad we don't have Terrance Newman to cover D Jax anymore, Newman always shut that fool down. We should win though. They just aren't very good.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
They are a division opponent, which generally means it will be a close contest. Their D has not been bad at all and the O has being putting up yards, their problem has been the turnover. If McCoy is not a turn over machine like Kirk was, I think this games is close and hard fought.

Zman5

Reaction score
It'll be close in the first half then we'll pull away in the second. We win by 17.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Is this sort of a prediction thread? Okay 24 - 19 Cowboys. Close game

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Just win baby!

Thats all that matters.

I lived there for 30 years and NOTHING brings me any greater joy than thumping the Skins, but a win is a win and we have much bigger things to think about than just the Skins. This is all they'll play for all year. This is just one more game for us as we march on to things that really matter!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skins still have talent - Morris, Jackson. Don't be shocked if this is very close

They're always close. 1-15 and the 1 is going to be against Dallas. But I don't really care. They're starting Colt McCoy with *both* their beloved QBs on the bench and giving them absolutely nothing. Their fans are gutted, they have the wrong coach in place, and there's absolutely no hope in sight. They live in the NFCE cellar, and the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants just go downstairs and visit them twice a year. Best of all? We have a legitimate chance to sweep them on top of everything this year, starting with this weekend. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
They're always close. 1-15 and the 1 is going to be against Dallas. But I don't really care. They're starting Colt McCoy with *both* their beloved QBs on the bench and giving them absolutely nothing. Their fans are gutted, they have the wrong coach in place, and there's absolutely no hope in site. They live in the NFCE cellar, and the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants just go downstairs and visit them twice a year. Best of all? We have a legitimate chance to sweep them on top of everything this year, starting with this weekend. I can't wait.

I would like nothing more than a 38-3 game where Murray was rested after 101 yards on 14 carries

dfense

Reaction score
Divisional game, rivals, I expect this to like the Giants game, closer than people think.
I hope we blow them away, which is possible, but going into it expecting a hard fought game.

I was much more worried about the Giants than the Skins. Their secondary is very suspect.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the old days it was called "It's Commanders Week" but it really doesn't matter when it ends with a W.

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score

Yup, two guys. That's about it. We're going to destroy them. A rookie is taking Orakpo's place, who not to mention, will be facing our All-Pro LT and they'll be starting a 3rd string QB. DJax and Morris will probably have a big play or two but, and I'm going to say it, we are too good. It' may be somewhat close at the half then we will pour it on, wear them out and once again that fan base will wish they were us.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Monday night will give the players for Dallas all they need to remain focused for this one. It will be on a platform that will still elevate the game in their own eyes. And then there is the deep Washington bias that will churn the preparations this week. The team should be fresher with the added day, and additions such as Justin Durant will be given opportunity to work back into the mix.

Washington has a quarterback complication in full bloom right now. So this could help the defense to jell even more.

Jeremy Mincey, Anthony Spencer, Tyrone Crawford, and then Demarcus Lawrence need some rotational time together. So things just can't remain on hold up front on defense.