I've never seen 2 tripping calls in one game

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
At least they are slowly but surely running out of these obscure penalties to call on the Cowboys.

Some say these refs aren’t human and don’t have biases.

Out of 30 games since 20?? Of all games with no penalties on the opposition the Cowboys were 5 of them.
The catch that changed catching forever
Two long streaks of no holding
Illegal huddle
False start on long snapper
Unsportsmanlike on a coach
Tripping 2 out of the 7 called on the nfl so far.

If there’s no ref bias what are the odds these could all happen to one team?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It makes me wonder if Bellicheck said something to the refs before the game about something he saw on tape or whatever and they complied like good little soldiers.

:hammer:This is exactly what happened IMO. Remember we've heard all about Belichick's attention to details. I'm will to bet a shiny red penny he noticed through film work this was some our linemen do sometimes but it's never called coz it's doesn't appear to be intentional. Well. I'm willing to bet that ******* picked up and likely sent a copy to our game officiating drew during the week and no question reminded them before the game.

In other words, this is one of those penalties similar to driving 57 mph in a 55-speed limit zone. Cops have every right to stop you but they never do but don't get that kind of rope in a school zone. Well, Belichick made damn sure yesterday's game was officiated like a school zone (lol).

Kaiser

Reaction score
At least they are slowly but surely running out of these obscure penalties to call on the Cowboys.

In this game you could chalk it up to the refs deferring to Belichick as the GOAT Head Coach. Like MLB Umpires will give Jason Verlander a wider strike zone than a rookie.

But when you see this many flukey calls over a short period of time - with none to balance them out - you have to wonder. The stretch of non-holding calls was a very big tell IMO.