J Fowler ESPN Quinn's second meeting with the Seahawks on Thursday went well into the night

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Really wish there was a rule in place so that coaches couldn't hold teams hostage like this... If he leaves there's not that many candidates left. There needs to be certain time frame when coaches can be hired so stuff like this settles quickly. Sort of like free agency for players, but for coaches.
I don't think there needs to be a rule....Jerry just needs to do his freaking job. He wants to straddle the fence with either keeping him or firing him. If he has allowed DQ to interview then he obviously has little confidence in him. He even allowed interviews prior to the WC game. So he needs to grow a pair and fire his arse, and look for your DC.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Quinn gets the job in Seattle I wouldn't mind bringing in Vrabel if he was willing to be the DC.

I think his toughness would translate, a lot like Dan Campbell.
Vrabel is still being paid his HC salary with Tennessee. He is in a position to wait and see if an appealing position he wants to pursue materializes. Similar to what Pederson did when Philly moved on from him with a year left on his contract.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If dan would wear a duck suit with one broken wing I think he could get the job. Nevermind, it's because he worked for jerry. He'll never get an HC job ever. thanks, jerry.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Im actually surprised Seattle or Washington are not considering Vrabel, the guy had 4 winning seasons out of 6. He even took the Titans to a championship game

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This isn’t positive news guys, he evidently roasted the marshmallows wrong or he would have been hired :muttley:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interesting read for Vrabel fans........maybe this explains why he's still out there

Notice only 2/3 teams bothered to interview him. It appears he is being blackballed after losing a power struggle with the Titans' GM. Either way...
* Perhaps he's not as good as many fans/media thought
* He was never replacing Belichick as the Pats HC ( some media outlets reported )
* Unless he cleans up the damage, getting back into the HC hiring cycle may not be easy. Think about it, no GM will consider hiring you if they think you will come after their job.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ntroducing_new_titans_coach/s1_13132_39868603

Ran Carthon throws shade at Mike Vrabel while introducing new Titans coach​

By Michael Gallagher | Last updated 1/26/24

Despite weeks of downplaying the mere suggestion that Tennessee Titans general manager Ran Carthon and former head coach Mike Vrabel weren’t on the same page about how best to build the team’s roster, it’s now becoming apparent there was, in fact, truth to the reports.
24 hours after Tennessee announced the hire of new head coach Brian Callahan and controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk issued an emphatic statement that Carthon was in charge, the 42-year-old executive seemingly took a shot at Vrabel while introducing Callahan to local media for the first time.

“One thing we keep talking about here with our group is hunting at the same time isn’t the same as hunting together,” Carthon said. “And under Brian Callahan, we will be going out and hunting together.”

https://atozsports.com/nashville/landing-spots-mike-vrabel-titans-patriots-panthers-ohio-state/

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are hating on Dan. Remember it's all Jerry's fault, or does that just work for the players?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'd be amazed if he gets a H.C. gig anywhere. I just don't see it..
I think he's this close to getting the Seahawks job but their GM just wanna complete his process of talking with a couple more coordinators in the playoffs.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I think he's this close to getting the Seahawks job but their GM just wanna complete his process of talking with a couple more coordinators in the playoffs.
I think it's likely that they had their sights set on DQ, but the playoff game forced them to slow down a bit for the sake of appearances. No fanbase would've been excited to hire Quinn after that blowout.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Seattle is just playing the waiting game and hoping Baltimore loses this weekend, so they can finally conduct a formal interview with MacDonald and hire him. I gotta believe Seattle would've already hired Quinn IF he was their guy. The decision makers there already know him from his tenure as an assistant.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Big Mike hoping DQ leaves.

He was gonna take his job one day.

Big Mike has Nolan on speed dial.

Whose ready for Nolan redux?

Thorn

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are hating on Dan. Remember it's all Jerry's fault, or does that just work for the players?
I don’t think Jerry put the defensive scheme and game plan together. Dan is a fraud and needs to go.
He was good in Seattle with Carroll overseeing his scheme and game plans.