Jabril Cox = Bradie James

Mookie

Reaction score
Both 4th Round picks, both linebackers, both from LSU, both Big and tall LBers, Bradie of course had a wonderful career with us. Is it me or is this guy very exciting to have in our roster? Give him #56!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both 4th Round picks, both linebackers, both from LSU, both Big and tall LBers, Bradie of course had a wonderful career with us. Is it me or is this guy very exciting to have in our roster? Give him #56!
I’m excited to see what Cox can do, but Bradie James is irrelevant to that. Players over history who are drafted from the same school and play the same position aren’t somehow destined to be the same kind of player.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Cox is Woodson if Woodson played in 2021

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Brodie was a box player, 100%. Cox is a space player with a real knack for getting the ball.

He isn’t nearly the run stopper that Bradie was but is 20 times better in coverage.

So really, you can’t compare much beyond their school, their round drafted and their position. It is a natural thing to do though, so no big deal.

If Cox can become sound in the run game, we could have found ourselves a football player. As it is, he’ll be valuable in the nickel/dime packages.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Bradley James will forever be etched in history as the LB running alongside Brandon Jacobs,
electing not to tackle the big NYG RB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
God I hope he's better than James.
You say that like James wasn’t a good player, which is not accurate. Cox skill set is a little different - he’s more of a coverage guy and less against the run than James - but if the Cowboys get a player that can use his skills to have a similar impact as James had with his skills they will get good value out of a 4th round pick.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
James was more of an inside thumper where as Cox is more finesse and can play the pass. Cox likely matches James career total of picks this season alone
I agree, two complete opposite players, one excelled against the run (James), one excels at the pass (Cox). Just cause they went to the same school, doesn't mean they are similar players.