Jabril Cox Inactive

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It’s a shame because he had the look of a special player his rookie season but I really think the neck issue/subsequent surgery robbed him of range of motion and flexibility.

He’s still more fundamentally sound than Jaylon was at any point.
Barely

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Everyone told me I was on crack this offseason for considering him a fringe player on the 53.

Huh...

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? He had a good game yesterday, I thought.
Go watch the game again. Watch #42 and #55. Barr is always filling and in on tackles at or close to the los. Vander trash makes tackles 5-10 yards downfield. Scared to fill in. Picks wrong holes. Gets blocked 5 yards downfield.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don’t understand this board when it comes to Cox. He’s done absolutely nothing, but people keep acting like he’s a blue chip talent. The fact is, he’s not better than Vander Esch in any facet of the game. That’s why he didn’t play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, he had a sack. Go look at the box score. I don't know what game you watched, but LVE was dam good good yesterday.
I forgot he had the sack that parsons created and burrow ran into his arms lol. He wasnt even rushing the passer he played well if he was spying tho.

Other than that every tackle was at least 4 yards downfield. I think he even made a tackle on a 15 yard gain. He doesnt do anything around the LOS. Barr plays the run better

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don’t understand this board when it comes to Cox. He’s done absolutely nothing, but people keep acting like he’s a blue chip talent. The fact is, he’s not better than Vander Esch in any facet of the game. That’s why he didn’t play.
Its Vander trash**.

Verdict

Reaction score
If you watched the tape you wouldnt think that. He was guessing holes and getting pushed down field all game lol
I don’t know what to think about LVE. I saw him make some huge plays on run stops. He has the ability to “stone” a run dead right at the point of impact.

There was one play yesterday that you would think was going to be a 9-10 yard run that he just killed dead after a 5 yard gain at the immediate point of contact. He has that kind of ability.

At other times he seems lost and out of position on run fits inside. Is that an assignment thing, or an instinctive thing? IDK.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don’t know what to think about LVE. I saw him make some huge plays on run stops. He has the ability to “stone” a run dead right at the point of impact.

There was one play yesterday that you would think was going to be a 9-10 yard run that he just killed dead after a 5 yard gain at the immediate point of contact. He has that kind of ability.

At other times he seems lost and out of position on run fits inside. Is that an assignment thing, or an instinctive thing? IDK.
He doesnt fit in at the LOS. Hes stopping run plays dead 5 yards down field. That is not good lber play. You should be filling the hole close to or at the los

Verdict

Reaction score
He doesnt fit in at the LOS. Hes stopping run plays dead 5 yards down field. That is not good lber play. You should be filling the hole close to or at the los

When he is where he is supposed to be, he kills the run dead in its tracks. But he is not always where he is supposed to be. Like I said, is that instinct driven or assignment driven?

Creeper

Reaction score
Cox being inactive while Gifford was active is a mystery to me. Apparently they had Gifford play FB for a play. Cox probably cannot do that.

Gifford plays special teams but so does Cox, or at least he can. Barr had a good game and may turn out to be decent for 1 year. But Cox is the future. Hopefully they find a way to get him on the field at some point.

dogberry

Reaction score
Gifford wore the green dot in a preseason game.

He has more job certificates now which led to him being active.

Harper was also active. If one isn’t a starter, a player has to be a Swiss Army knife?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
When he is where he is supposed to be, he kills the run dead in its tracks. But he is not always where he is supposed to be. Like I said, is that instinct driven or assignment driven?
He looks lost half the time. He has zero desire to bang with the big uglies at the LOS. Its instinct and not reading his keys properly. He just out there guessin