Jabril Cox Inactive

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I watched it. Vander trash was bad. Guessing holes fooled by misdirection getting pushed 10 yards from the LOS he plays like hes 5'10" 180lbs

I would like to see his recognition skills show better when he is guessing, but my biggest beefs with him is two things:

1. Stoutness at the point of attack. I don't feel he is the type of LB who wants to crash headlong into the heart of the o-line in the run game.
2. He very poor at stack and shed. Just no oomph behind him.

Booby Carpenter II?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You and @Hennessy_King both do not think he played well yesterday?

I think you both know your stuff so I'd curious to hear what I saw and you two didn't.

I'm no fan of the guy but I thought yesterday may have been the best effort of his career.
If you rewatch the game. Watch how Barr plays the run vs what lve does. LVE plays small and that is why he is tackling guys 5 yards downfield and not near the LOS. 5 yards a run is bad.

He cant get off a block to save his life. Yesterday he was blocked 10 yards downfield. Its just a mentality thing hes big enough and strong enough to be strong at the point of attack he just isnt

fivetwos

Reaction score
If you rewatch the game. Watch how Barr plays the run vs what lve does. LVE plays small and that is why he is tackling guys 5 yards downfield and not near the LOS. 5 yards a run is bad.

He cant get off a block to save his life. Yesterday he was blocked 10 yards downfield. Its just a mentality thing hes big enough and strong enough to be strong at the point of attack he just isnt
I believe you. I just couldn't catch all that on a first watch.

It seemed like he was all over the field in pass coverage and involved in run plays more than usual.

Damn at worst he had to have been better than he usually plays. My eyes aren't that bad.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I believe you. I just couldn't catch all that on a first watch.

It seemed like he was all over the field in pass coverage and involved in run plays more than usual.

Damn at worst he had to have been better than he usually plays. My eyes aren't that bad.
When a mlb is making tackles 5 yards plus down the field isnt a good thing. Just because he is making a tackle and his name is called doesnt mean hes great.

He doesnt do anything to create negative plays for the offense

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Why is he inactive. No way he is worse than vander trash.
LVH did play better than usual Sunday. But i like Jabril Cox better. He is faster, better pass coverage, not as easily blocked. LVH is lumbering, almost always blocked out of play, does not stick his nose in the hole, very few tackles for loss. Cox in reason was amazing and was in the hole, tackles for loss and blowing up plays. Jabril cox over LVE any day.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This has to be something we're not seeing in practice or perhaps health related. Im surprised Cox hasn't made the gameday roster.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It’s a shame because he had the look of a special player his rookie season but I really think the neck issue/subsequent surgery robbed him of range of motion and flexibility.

He’s still more fundamentally sound than Jaylon was at any point.

LVE looked like the real deal as a rookie, and his limited experience and large frame gave him a lot of room to grow beyond his 2nd Team All Pro. The sky was the limit.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Barr played a decent game, and LVE has been strong for a while now. It's hard to see what route Jabril has to snaps behind those two, but c'mon. He should at least be active over Luke Gifford.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see all the hype he's gotten on this board translate on the field. Still waiting.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Barr played a decent game, and LVE has been strong for a while now. It's hard to see what route Jabril has to snaps behind those two, but c'mon. He should at least be active over Luke Gifford.
You mean goaline FB Luke Gifford? Can Cox block?

stinkface

Reaction score
LVH did play better than usual Sunday. But i like Jabril Cox better. He is faster, better pass coverage, not as easily blocked. LVH is lumbering, almost always blocked out of play, does not stick his nose in the hole, very few tackles for loss. Cox in reason was amazing and was in the hole, tackles for loss and blowing up plays. Jabril cox over LVE any day.

Based on what facts? He played in 2 games last year and had 2 solo tackles. He hasn't played this year at all. He will be in the mix at some point, but there's no proof he's better then LVH at this point. PS. Are you trying to troll the Zone?

quickccc

Reaction score
Cox being inactive while Gifford was active is a mystery to me. Apparently they had Gifford play FB for a play. Cox probably cannot do that.

Gifford plays special teams but so does Cox, or at least he can. Barr had a good game and may turn out to be decent for 1 year. But Cox is the future. Hopefully they find a way to get him on the field at some point.

before he got injured and out for season in his rookie year in 2021 with the ACL knee tear, he only had 8 mere snaps.

so i dunno how much is injury related, or how much is a slow gradual process with him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jabril is just being brought along slow. Its smart. I think Peters might start in this next game at LT.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Jabril is just being brought along slow. Its smart. I think Peters might start in this next game at LT.
Peters will start. They need to get Jabril some cuz when vander trash leaves after the season he should have some experience. Especially with Barr only on a 1 year deal