Twitter: Jabril Cox on Daniel Jones Play

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett is taking heat for even calling that play where your QB is exposed. I’ve seen Dak on runs that look designed wish Kellen would rethink that.
I disagree with anyone who blames Garrett for that particular play. A big part of what had Daniel Jones playing like a viable NFL QB this season was his running, so it makes sense to take advantage of that. Besides, it's not as if that's an unusual play for NFL teams to run anyway. The Cowboys do it with Dak, and all NFL teams with semi mobile QBs run it at least occasionally.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm surprised Jones' leading with his helmet like that didn't give Cox a concussion too.

How anyone could think that was on Cox is beyond me. I think you have to be mentally deficient to blame Cox for that. That was on Jones.

Yeah its pretty obvious. I can't believe some Gaint fans are crying about that. What a bunch of pansies. Glad they caught a beat down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Since before Week 1's game...

I

Told

You

So

!!!!

:D:p:cool:

I've been asking for Jabril Cox to start since our last preseason game. I honestly don't know what Dan Quinn was thinking starting Jaylon Smith the previous 4 games while keeping Jabril Cox inactive, especially after recently finding out how the Cowboys had been trying to find a trade partner for Jaylon Smith since this past offseason?
:huh:

I bet Jerry had a big say in starting Jaylon. Probably due to that way overpaid contract! Big dummy!!!

Imagine how good Jabril Cox would be playing by now had he been starting or playing since Week 1?
:facepalm:

I guess it's better late than never? o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused::cool:

Tear it up, Jabril! :starspin:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I was a little worried Jones was going to carry Cox to the endzone. He is pretty strong to move Cox off the point of attack.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Since before Week 1's game...

I

Told

You

So

!!!!

:D:p:cool:

I've been asking for Jabril Cox to start since our last preseason game. I honestly don't know what Dan Quinn was thinking starting Jaylon Smith the previous 4 games while keeping Jabril Cox inactive, especially after recently finding out how the Cowboys had been trying to find a trade partner for Jaylon Smith since this past offseason?
:huh:

I bet Jerry had a big say in starting Jaylon. Probably due to that way overpaid contract! Big dummy!!!

Imagine how good Jabril Cox would be playing by now had he been starting or playing since Week 1?
:facepalm:

I guess it's better late than never? o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused::cool:

Tear it up, Jabril! :starspin:
I think Cox has a bigger upside due to his coverage ability "on this team"... Jaylon still is better currently at diagnosising plays and making defensive calls and would still be here and starting had he waive the injury clause...

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think Cox has a bigger upside due to his coverage ability "on this team"... Jaylon still is better currently at diagnosising plays and making defensive calls and would still be here and starting had he waive the injury clause...
LOL. Jaylon Smith? Diagnosing plays? I havent heard those 2 things in the same sentence. Ever.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I disagree.

Did you watch Jabril Cox this past preseason? He played very well, including making the right calls and reads.

conner01

Reaction score
I disagree.

Did you watch Jabril Cox this past preseason? He played very well, including making the right calls and reads.
Cox is a football player
He really does most things well
Had he not had the injury issues he’d probably went higher than he did. I think the shoulder issue hurt his stock some and being on a talent loaded team and a guy who doesn’t try for attention I think he kinda blended in and got over looked
But he was a stud as LSU

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
even if Jaylon had instincts on that play i dont think he's quick enough to get there.

If Jaylon had a career highlight reel, the play he made in similar fashion vs Deshaun Watson back in 2018 would be #1. Obviously he's not making that play today. In fact, Cox and Parsons are the only LBs on the roster who I believe stop Jones there. Neal maybe but I wouldn't bank on it.

conner01

Reaction score
If Jaylon had a career highlight reel, the play he made in similar fashion vs Deshaun Watson back in 2018 would be #1. Obviously he's not making that play today. In fact, Cox and Parsons are the only LBs on the roster who I believe stop Jones there. Neal maybe but I wouldn't bank on it.
I was surprised he stopped him
That’s a hard play to stop that close to the goal line but Cox played it perfectly by slowing his momentum and driving him straight down and even then it was close
Just an awesome play

conner01

Reaction score
If he posted that, I don't blame them. Short-sighted at best.
It’s kinda out of character
He has a rep of being a quite guy but he’s a young man who made a huge play, and a mistake with the post
The leaders on the team will talk to him and he will learn from it