CFZ Jacksonville - A different perspective

Verdict

Reaction score
Does the Texans game qualify as crunch time when he drove them 98 yards for the game winning TD?

Poor guy. You WISH Dak wasnt a top 10 QB. But sadly for you he is.

You WISH the Cowboys werent 10-4 but sadly we are!

You WISH the Cowboys werent making the playoffs two years in a row, but sadly we are

You WISH that Dak isnt leading the #1 scoring offense in football since his return, but sadly HE IS!

I don’t know why you seem to want to be adversarial. You are entitled to your opinion the same as me. I respect that. We do not have to share the same opinion about Dak. That’s fine too.

But there is really no reason to be so intentionally abrasive because we do not share the same opinion about Dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
I do my best to stay out of the endless Dak debates, but he has certainly disappointed me lately with some of his decision making and general lack of awareness.

That actually hit me just yesterday. He plays like an unintelligent person, which he is not. It’s sloppy. His accuracy is somehow getting worse.
Yeah. Dak isn’t all bad. He could be a pretty solid QB. But his bone headed decisions can’t be ignored as a factor in why we are losing. It happens with all QBs at times. But with Dak it happens far too often.

Verdict

Reaction score
I do my best to stay out of the endless Dak debates, but he has certainly disappointed me lately with some of his decision making and general lack of awareness.

That actually hit me just yesterday. He plays like an unintelligent person, which he is not. It’s sloppy. His accuracy is somehow getting worse.
As an elite QB, you can’t “often” be the reason your team loses. And Dak is very often a substantial factor in our losses. It’s a recurring issue.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Dak’s play is a direct cause of many of our losses and we should have lost several others because of Dak’s play. The team has carried Dak this year.

How is the team carrying Dak? He has one WR that has been worth anything and some of the worst pass blocking in the league. If anything, he's been carrying them.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We score 34 points and all fans can talk about is the OFFENSE? I'M SCREAMING MY HEAD OFF!!!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
THIS DEFENSE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done screaming.

cnuball21

Reaction score
said poster is a consistant dak critic so its not a different perspective

I’ll never understand the need for posters to plant their pro / anti Dak flag so firmly that they just ignore reality.

Absolutely unreal.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m bummed about the loss, but for all intents and purposes, the loss is probably of little relevance in the playoff picture. Maybe something good will come if it. It’s easy to gloss over deficiencies when we win, but much harder when we lose.

Having made that disclaimer here are my observations about the Jacksonville game and the Cowboys in general:

1. Dak sucks as a game manager. I don’t care that he led us to 30 plus points. His decision making at critical points in the game are his undoing. It’s not just the interceptions, it’s the low percentage passes on third down, poor situational awareness, and the hero mentality.

It’s going to be hard to win a SB if Dak can’t fix those things. I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get us over the hump in close games.

2. Kellen Moore is right there with Dak. Dak May be making Kellen Moore look worse or vice versa, but their decision making sucks.

3. DQ has done a pretty good job with the next man up but Joseph is the exception to the rule. What a wasted pick!!!!

4. DQ is going to have to regroup this defense. Way too porous to go anywhere. He must adapt on the fly or this team is one and done in the playoffs.

Dak has a ton of flaws but for the past two weeks he has drove the length of the field at the end to take the lead.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak has a ton of flaws but for the past two weeks he has drove the length of the field at the end to take the lead.
Dak played poorly last week. We won but that does not erase the stench of Dak’s poor play.

This week, Dak played much better overall, but his decision making SUCKS. He is not situationally aware. The long throw on third down was “hero ball”.

You want to make the opposing team burn a time out there, if possible. I realize the issue is do you have a running play that makes them burn the timeout or try to get the first down and the win.

I am ok taking the aggressive route there, and passing the ball, but a higher percentage pass play was the way to go there if you are going to pass the ball. The worst thing is to not get the first down AND not have them burn the time out. That’s what happened. That’s all on Dak.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak played poorly last week. We won but that does not erase the stench of Dak’s poor play.

This week, Dak played much better overall, but his decision making SUCKS. He is not situationally aware. The long throw on third down was “hero ball”.

You want to make the opposing team burn a time out there, if possible. I realize the issue is do you have a running play that makes them burn the timeout or try to get the first down and the win.

I am ok taking the aggressive route there, and passing the ball, but a higher percentage pass play was the way to go there if you are going to pass the ball. The worst thing is to not get the first down AND not have them burn the time out. That’s what happened. That’s all on Dak.

Oh Dak gets no pass from me. But he said postgame on that 3rd and 10 play that Lamb was on a crosser tripled team and Brown was singled up. None of that should have ever happened if his buddy the OC hadn’t called that stupid play. Where is the play action roll out where is generally has three options, TE, WR, or to run? Smh….

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Everything doesn't have to be about Dak, whether he had a good game or a bad game. Yesterday he still led the the offense to 34 points. That's the only thing that matters. Putting points on the board. In the NFL you NEED to win when you score that many.

The defense gave up 503 yards, 192 rushing, tons of 3rd down conversions, and blew one coverage after another. If you're more concerned about Dak than the defense right now, I really don't know what else to say.

Yes Dak made a big mistake, two if you decide to split the overtime pick six on him and Noah Brown. But the Cowboys were up 27-10 in the 3rd quarter guys. I mean come on. Defense, do your friggin' job even once and this is a regulation win. Focus on that instead of hand-wringing about Dak, who never gets a pass here anyway win or lose.

Ken

Reaction score
It's literally a week after he drove 98 yards from behind, to win the game. This week he put the ball in Noah Browns chest. I'm fine being critical of the qb, but my perspective won't go there with you.
Not mention leading a drive and score to take the lead late...

Reactions: CWR

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m bummed about the loss, but for all intents and purposes, the loss is probably of little relevance in the playoff picture. Maybe something good will come if it. It’s easy to gloss over deficiencies when we win, but much harder when we lose.

Having made that disclaimer here are my observations about the Jacksonville game and the Cowboys in general:

1. Dak sucks as a game manager. I don’t care that he led us to 30 plus points. His decision making at critical points in the game are his undoing. It’s not just the interceptions, it’s the low percentage passes on third down, poor situational awareness, and the hero mentality.

It’s going to be hard to win a SB if Dak can’t fix those things. I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get us over the hump in close games.

2. Kellen Moore is right there with Dak. Dak May be making Kellen Moore look worse or vice versa, but their decision making sucks.

3. DQ has done a pretty good job with the next man up but Joseph is the exception to the rule. What a wasted pick!!!!

4. DQ is going to have to regroup this defense. Way too porous to go anywhere. He must adapt on the fly or this team is one and done in the playoffs.
Lol which one of these is a ‘diff perspective’ ?

starman22

Reaction score
You would think that 34 points in regulation should be enough to beat Jacksonville even in their own park. Buy yesterday it was not enough for the Cowboy D; they failed badly.

Jack got the ball first in OT and the D did hold them to a 3 and out that time. Cowboy's ball then; time for the O to go and win the game....crunch time. But instead the O went and lost the game.

Summary is simple. Cowboy issues exists and it is now late in the season and time is getting short to work on so many issues.

One first down at the end of regulation would have also been nice.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So another blame Dak thread. Not a different perspective at all.

Can we compile all of these?

cnuball21

Reaction score
So another blame Dak thread. Not a different perspective at all.

Can we compile all of these?

I’ve asked the mods. No luck.

Instead we get 10 Dak threads after every game blaming everything that goes wrong on him. Offense, defense, ST, coaching, pre game meal, gatorade etc…

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t know why you seem to want to be adversarial. You are entitled to your opinion the same as me. I respect that. We do not have to share the same opinion about Dak. That’s fine too.

But there is really no reason to be so intentionally abrasive because we do not share the same opinion about Dak.

Dak is a top 10 QB. Thats not an opinion, its a fact. You would think after 7 years you would have learned by now, but you appear to keep making the same improper analysis year after year, game after game. Either that or you just like trolling which then you deserve whatever abrasive responses you get.

Just like Zeke is not a top 5 back. Its not opinion, its fact.

LysleE

Reaction score
Every season has its ups and downs; every team is capable of beating the other as we have witnessed. I try not to get wrapped up in all the statistics (maybe to my detriment) because players still have to play the game. Coaches still have to manage the clock and the game; coordinators still have to be able to exploit match-ups to gain the advantage and adjust when necessary. I think this is where Dallas fails…they go into every season with a lack of depth at key positions, don’t address the porous run defense of several seasons, they have a trained chimp managing the salary cap, so we have to get rid of talent (Cooper) to make room to pay other players often to the detriment of the team, or to acquire free agents that either never materialize, or aren’t good enough to make a difference.
For reasons unknown, Dallas just doesn’t play consistent ball. I think we have played only one complete game, excelling in all aspects and that was against the Vikings. So Dallas dominates that game and then struggles against lesser-talented Houston. The Cowboys are never ascending into the playoffs…never riding a wave of consistency…Dallas comes out looking out-matched, unprepared, playing without emotion and getting smacked around before finally waking up usually in the second half and attempt to make it competitive. When was the last time Dallas made adjustments on either side of the ball? Why did the coordinator call a low percentage pass in a critical play? What a frigging letdown for us fans who remember the glory days of this franchise.