Jags vs Steelers

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
It is really amazing how a storied franchise like the Cowboys could not make it to the conference championship for 20+ years, and yet a laughing stock franchise like the Jags in one season turn it over to get there.

Even by luck we could not do it .. what is wrong here .. just WOW

:cool:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You never know, all I do know is, he has a Super Bowl title in his name. Millions of other coaches don't. You must believe it when Jerry says, 500 coaches can win with his team.

Ewww.....you give Switzer credit for screwing up a dynasty and only getting one ring out of 2?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Right lol. Cowboyzone keeps trying to educate me on what it takes to win this league...but it seems to change by the day lol.

Marvin Lewis usually does that team.....I actually like Mike Tomlin. Would love him here. But his coaching has been poor. I didn't realize we had Steeler fans here. Didn't mean to offend you.
Yuck, I hate the Steelers.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Talk bad about Tomlin till your throat hurts. He'll be in the playoffs again next year.
That’s because he normally has a good defense and he has a HOF QB playing with the best RB and WR. Swap teams and I say Garrett would be in the playoffs and Tomlin at Home this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is really amazing how a storied franchise like the Cowboys could not make it to the conference championship for 20+ years, and yet a laughing stock franchise like the Jags in one season turn it over to get there.

Even by luck we could not do it .. what is wrong here .. just WOW

It helps to be a laughing stock though and actually starting to hit on your draft picks. That's the thing about sucking...if you are good at sucking you get rewarded. Browns aren't good at sucking. Jags...finally get it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
True, but in Barry's defense, he only coached the Cowboys as a favor. He was done with coaching and didn't want the job to begin with. Jerry wanted him so he went through the motions with little care what the results were.
Switzer has said himself how thrilled he was when he got offered the job, he said nothing about being talked into it as a favor that I remember.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Coaching makes a big difference when teams are equal or close, and even then a bad performance by one or two key players can negate that as well.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That’s because he normally has a good defense and he has a HOF QB playing with the best RB and WR. Swap teams and I say Garrett would be in the playoffs and Tomlin at Home this year.
That's because you'd be swapping front offices.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
For the record, I hate the Steelers. But for guys to call Tomlin a bad coach is beyond stupid IMO. His team went down to the wire, time ran out. A team actually has to win a game, and the jags out lasted the steel.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
It helps to be a laughing stock though and actually starting to hit on your draft picks. That's the thing about sucking...if you are good at sucking you get rewarded. Browns aren't good at sucking. Jags...finally get it.

True .. but come on..... ONE YEAR in 20+ years .... ONE STINKING YEAR .. by hook or by crook .. we could not do it?????? I men when you think of the teams who made it during that time .. it is really close to drive me to cry that the once model franchise of the sporting world, AMERICA'S TEAM .. is not able to put two playoff wins together .. amazingly sad

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Heading into this season the last QB matchup you thought would be possible in the Super Bowl was a Keenum vs Bortles matchup. Hoping for Brady vs Brees.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Switzer has said himself how thrilled he was when he got offered the job, he said nothing about being talked into it as a favor that I remember.

It was a recent interview I heard on local radio within the past month. The interview was really about an upcoming OU game, but the conversation went to his time in Dallas briefly. Thats when he said Jerry talked him into the job and he did it as a favor to Jerry.