Jags vs Steelers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He said he’d take Dave Campo over Tomlin.

Are you really not seeing the silliness in that?

I mean......yeah I think its silly in the scheme of things. Like I said, I actually like Tomlin. But I do think are fans who do believe Campo was a dead man coaching and didn't stand shot here.

I'm not arguing against you. I just think Tomlin is closer to Campo than he is.......a great coach. But I probably shouldn't have said anything because I surely don't want it to come across I'm arguing in favor of Campo. I think he go ta tough break but that's about all I'll give him. He accepted that job so he got what he had coming.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Steelers are consistently a play-off team under Coughlin. He’s already got a SB, I don’t see how anybody can consider him a bum coach. All you can ask for your coach is to put you in contention regularity which he does.
Mike Tomlin is the head coach for Pittsburgh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Steelers are consistently a play-off team under Coughlin. He’s already got a SB, I don’t see how anybody can consider him a bum coach. All you can ask for your coach is to put you in contention regularity which he does.

I don't think he's a bum.....but I do think he benefits from having a veteran team....I can't imagine him doing what McVey did with a young qb and young time.

Also Tomlin is similar to how Garrett is here. Doesn''t get credit for winning...doesn't really have a role as. DC or a OC.....kind of baby sitting the guys.

They contend every year....but so does Marvin Lewis........and Mike McCarthy...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’m gonna lose $300 :(

It’s always nice seeing Pitt and Ben lose though :)
Not $300 bucks worth it ain't, sorry!
Now,after saying that, I can see as to the why of banking on Pittsburgh in this game after seeing Jaguar football last week, but still,man! $300 bucks in an A.F.C. playoffs game,,,:huh:,,, WOW,,,,$300 BUCKS BYE-BYE:eek:,,,,I'd like to follow you around & pick up all that extra spare cash you got falling outta yer'*$$
,,, holey moley 300 smacker-roo's just got vacuumed outta the ol' back pocket into the eternal vortex of NO $300 EXTRA CLAMS,,:confused:DO YA KNOW? exactly how many 450 lb cardiac arrest cases you had to wrangle down steep snow encrusted stairs and lift into the back of yer' ambulance @ 2 in the morning to put that $300 comforting wad of cash in yer' pocket?,,, I bet it was a lot huh?,,,just to KISS $300 of those financially liberating babydolls farewell ( yer' starting to see where I'm going with this aria?:lmao:)

Bet your Mother certainly wouldn't approve of this frivolous display of poor fiscal responsibility in the amount of THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS,,,do you have any idea just how many cuddly kittens Sally Struthers could've kept alive through a donation of that $300 DOLLARS THATS NO LONGER YOURS :)lmao:do you want me to stop?:laugh:) why,I bet you could've probably went to harbor freight and bought yer' own set of the jaws of life with that $300 Pittsburgh pissed away for you,,,,er,,, made in China of courseo_O
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
( I just now saw this in the alerts & couldn't resist, Brother:lmao:)

Sydla

Reaction score
Dead serious. And its ignorant to give all the credit to the coach or the QB for a Super Bowl. Most ignorant thing displayed here by the likes of you and others on a regular basis. Remember Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl.

Barry Switzer, despite the stupidity of some, wasn’t some boob of a head coach. You aren’t that successful in college if you are a moron line some want to believe Switzer was.

You saying other people are ignorant is the funniest thing in this thread and that includes a post from a guy claiming Campo was a better coach than Tomlin.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Barry Switzer, despite the stupidity of some, wasn’t some boob of a head coach. You aren’t that successful in college if you are a moron line some want to believe Switzer was.

You saying other people are ignorant is the funniest thing in this thread and that includes a post from a guy claiming Campo was a better coach than Tomlin.
It is ignorant. And Switzer was a joke. Troy was ready to strangle him because of his lack of interest in preparing the team. Anyone standing up for Switzer as a great NFL coach is telling.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched highlights from the game....

Antonio Brown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dez. OMG, the two are in separate universes.
No one has suggestion that those two WR's are anywhere close to being in the same universe that I've seen. Ever.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It is ignorant. And Switzer was a joke. Troy was ready to strangle him because of his lack of interest in preparing the team. Anyone standing up for Switzer as a great NFL coach is telling.

He wasn't interested whatsoever. He was retired and didn't have any interest in coaching in the first place. He only did it as a favor for Jerry. He said as much in a recent interview for local radio here in DFW.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He wasn't interested whatsoever. He was retired and didn't have any interest in coaching in the first place. He only did it as a favor for Jerry. He said as much in a recent interview for local radio here in DFW.
Whatever the reason, he was a joke.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
No one has suggestion that those two WR's are anywhere close to being in the same universe that I've seen. Ever.

He had his supporters over at DC.com. There were quite a few heated battles as well. Not to the same level as Dak vs. Romo, mind you.

kevm3

Reaction score
Tomlin is in another league from Garrett. It's not even comparable. Since when is a guy who wins a superbowl, goes to another one, and is regularly in the 2nd round of the playoffs in any way similar to a guy who we consider it a miracle if he even makes it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and hasn't been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs during his 8 year tenure.