Jaguars at Patriots: AFC Championship

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
good thumb...bad thumb...ugly thumb....Im takin Tommy and the hoody in a close game.
Jax D will keep it close....NE D will win it.

If the Jags win....it's gotta be low scoring. That means running the football...keeping Brady off the field. If this turns into a shootout...the Jags are in trouble. They just don't have the fire power to keep up...and if that snowball gets rolling...I can see a Patriots blow out.:banghead:

Donut

Reaction score
I’m just glad Romo isn’t calling the game so I don’t have to listen to his scratchy voice and people talk about how he is the best football player, commentator, qb, astronaut, potential HC, clairvoyant, potential OC...and if he still played we would have won a SB last year.

Sorry guys but that is pretty funny.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Brady threw 1 TD and 1 INT for his first playoff run in 2001. Bortles already has 2 TDs so far...just shows how much of a bus driver Brady was in that first season he took over. People saying "I can't believe the Jaguars have made it this far with a QB like Bortles..." well it's funny because people were saying the same thing about the Pats and Brady that year :laugh:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
26904525_1796548223725191_694486560975225712_n.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
The Rock vs Giant Rampaging Animals...who wouldnt want to see that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Brady threw 1 TD and 1 INT for his first playoff run in 2001. Bortles already has 2 TDs so far...just shows how much of a bus driver Brady was in that first season he took over. People saying "I can't believe the Jaguars have made it this far with a QB like Bortles..." well it's funny because people were saying the same thing about the Pats and Brady that year :laugh:

Brady was in a second season in 2001 and had just taken over as the starter that year. Bortles is in his 4th season as the starter plus it’s more of a passing league now.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I think the Jags D matches up really well against that Pats offense. I think they have a real chance to win if Bortles doesn't make any mistakes

cowboyec

Reaction score
If the Jags win....it's gotta be low scoring. That means running the football...keeping Brady off the field. If this turns into a shootout...the Jags are in trouble. They just don't have the fire power to keep up...and if that snowball gets rolling...I can see a Patriots blow out.:banghead:
If Bortles doesnt protect the ball,I could see a blow-out....but the one unit in this game that should feel disrespected is that Patriots D.
NO ONE is talking about that Pats D.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yea I remember. Bledsoe came in and won that AFC Championship game for NE when Brady got hurt and there was talk of who to start in the SB but they stuck with Brady.

aria

Reaction score
I just don’t see how the Jags win when their defense gave up as many points as they did to Pitt and NE is better offensively. Jags can’t afford to play catch up with Bortles slinging the ball.

reddyuta

Reaction score
brady can play with left hand and still beat the remaining teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
brady can play with left hand and still beat the remaining teams.

Certainly not saying Brady is going to lose today but solid defenses have been his undoing. He lost two SB’s to a very solid Giants defense and an AFC title game to the top rated Broncos defense. You can never shortchange a real good defense. The Jags had 55 sacks this season.