Jake Ferguson by the numbers

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I dont necessarily think its Schoon hate its more they passed on bigger needs. I was upset that round 1 and 2 appeared to be reaches. We needed both Ol and RB and we crapped the bed on both. Its early though and both of these players could be solid contributers down the road. We are in win now mode though you just dont spend a second for blocking TE. I am also not happy with round 1 pick but he has a chance to shut me up in the coming weeks.
I hear you but I heard Cavanaugh crying about the Michigan kids also. I mean Dallas was going to draft a guard/tackle with the Mazi selection. The kid would’ve a been Mazi on the offensive line with less playing time. Then with the Schoonmaker pick Cavanaugh said they should have drafted Tank Dell. Who is he out playing on the receivers we already have. Let’s relax and let the kids develop. I hate the Scott Jr. selection the most by the way.

starfan1

Reaction score
I hear you but I heard Cavanaugh crying about the Michigan kids also. I mean Dallas was going to draft a guard/tackle with the Mazi selection. The kid would’ve a been Mazi on the offensive line with less playing time. Then with the Schoonmaker pick Cavanaugh said they should have drafted Tank Dell. Who is he out playing on the receivers we already have. Let’s relax and let the kids develop. I hate the Scott Jr. selection the most by the way.
I will say I am pleasantly surprised that Tyron has had a year where he is back at the top of the league in blocking and hasnt missed much time. (I am knocking on wood) and i didnt anticipate that. I know it takes time and Im probably an impatient fan. We are going to need to draft an RB and on OL next year. I dont like the Scott pick either nor am i fan of Duece even if hes value in the 6th. Unless he takes Turpins place (injury)hes not going to see the field for awile if at all.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I will say I am pleasantly surprised that Tyron has had a year where he is back at the top of the league in blocking and hasnt missed much time. (I am knocking on wood) and i didnt anticipate that. I know it takes time and Im probably an impatient fan. We are going to need to draft an RB and on OL next year. I dont like the Scott pick either nor am i fan of Duece even if hes value in the 6th. Unless he takes Turpins place (injury)hes not going to see the field for awile if at all.
Duece has got to get stronger in the offseason he seems to be easy to tackle. Tyron is just on of the best tackles in the history of the game. If you get him for 6 great games like he has had this season why are we complaining. My first pick in this draft is a left tackle that can develop behind Tyron next season.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
They wanted to 2 TE, run the ball sets...Ferguson was always going to be just one part of that equation...so they doubled down on run first, security blanket for Dak in case it didn't click with Dak.

Dak makes one pass per game in this 8 game stretch that I would see him once a year before. His accuracy is freaking nuts.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For what he’s shown, could have found similar talent in lower rounds.
Exactly what have you seen? His blocking and special teams work is as good as advertised. Receiving is coming around. Looking better and better. Can't wait for next summer. His is far more talented than a day 3 pick would be. Just his athletic ability alone puts him far ahead of them.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Exactly what have you seen? His blocking and special teams work is as good as advertised. Receiving is coming around. Looking better and better. Can't wait for next summer. His is far more talented than a day 3 pick would be. Just his athletic ability alone puts him far ahead of them.
Don't see it but hope you're right. NFL is full of solid day 3 picks at TE.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have to say, I am getting excited not just for this year, but for the next five years or so. I know Dak is 30, but for a QB that is just entering prime years, we have a top 5 WR that is just entering his prime, a top 5 young OL, a potential top 5 TE that is young, one of the top pass rushers in history that is young, and TWO top-five CBs that are also young. Plus, we also have, hands down, our best HC since Bill.

Those are great building blocks to build something special.
No offense but if I have learned anything it is that you must strike while the iron is hot. We are all in this year. We need to win now. Our best players are all on cheap deals. We are probably not going to improve over time. Odds are we will get worse. You can't predict the future in the NFL. I can't believe I am saying this but this is our year.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No offense but if I have learned anything it is that you must strike while the iron is hot. We are all in this year. We need to win now. Our best players are all on cheap deals. We are probably not going to improve over time. Odds are we will get worse. You can't predict the future in the NFL. I can't believe I am saying this but this is our year.
Agreed. Why I was frustrated they didn't try to make some deadline trades.

You think about it.. there are definitely some key components that they will possibly be missing soon.

Starting RB is FA
Tyron and Zack not much time left, Starting C is FA
All that depth on Defensive line is entering FA - Armstrong, Fowler, etc. Tank and Hankins same boat as Tyron and Zack.
Gilmore a FA

We're not as tied up as you would think. True, we will have our young studs locked up if CeeDee signs, but same thing happened with 90's dynasty, and didn't do much for us with everyone else leaving or aging.