Jalen Hurts - opinion

ESisback

Reaction score
There’s been rumors of Philly going after Robinson in the draft, presumably to improve their run game, but I have to wonder if they’re at all influenced by what the Cowboys want/need. Miles Sanders is an excellent RB, but the RB is not the emphasis in their offensive scheme. If they lined Sanders 5-6 yards deep and handed off 25-30 times every game, he’d likely put up 1400-1500+, but they don’t.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
There’s been rumors of Philly going after Robinson in the draft, presumably to improve their run game, but I have to wonder if they’re at all influenced by what the Cowboys want/need. Miles Sanders is an excellent RB, but the RB is not the emphasis in their offensive scheme. If they lined Sanders 5-6 yards deep and handed off 25-30 times every game, he’d likely put up 1400-1500+, but they don’t.
Sanders has a past injury history. I don't think he would hold up under that workload for a season.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Let me clarify...

I would never want to watch my team go to a super bowl and lose lol

On a smaller level...in HS we beat a nationally ranked team for a state title and we had no chance. So i know how to perform in big games etc...
Your clarification is noted and makes more sense now.

Reactions: Ken

ESisback

Reaction score
Sanders has a past injury history. I don't think he would hold up under that workload for a season.
My point remains. Philly’s scheme doesn’t put that workload on any back, so why waste a first on a RB in a draft that’s loaded with quality RBs? Analysts would be so quick to criticize Dallas for pursuing a first round RB even though they WANT to concentrate on running.

erod

Reaction score
Ah the early offseason....when idiocy becomes the norm and the last thing they saw becomes reality.
This from the village football idiot who's been proven wrong so many times, he makes Bagdad Bob look like an expert in warfare.

Ken

Reaction score
This from the village football idiot who's been proven wrong so many times, he makes Bagdad Bob look like an expert in warfare.
Uh huh...where have i been proven wrong? Did the Eagles win the Super Bowl or something?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what Hurts looks like next year. He definitely benefitted from that system as I don't think he is very good on his own. He did make it to the Super Bowl albeit through a bad Giants team and a 49ers team that had no QB. He'll also have to be paid next year.
And a few other guys on the Eagles will want to be paid.

visionary

Reaction score
The Eagles didn’t lose because of Jalen Hurts. He more than made up for his fumble. They lost because their vaunted defense couldn’t stop Mahomes in the second half. The Chiefs have the better QB. But Hurts has no reason to hang his head in shame.

Give credit where it is due. We are NOT Philly fans who boo everyone else, just because. Have some class.
Hurts is a system QB
Im happy to see Philly pay him 50 million/y

RonWashington

Reaction score
The TD to Brown was a blown pick with 2 defenders right there . The Chiefs D made adjustments second half seem to catch the Eagles flat footed .

Hurts fumble didn’t single handed give KC the Game it tied things up at 14 . The Eagles though up 14-7 around midfield if they go on another scoring drive it makes the complexion of the game really change . The momentum was a huge swing on that play .

Hurts will be a force to be dealt with .

Reaction score
I actually like Jalen Hurts and think he a stand up guy and great leader. He has improved his game and unlike the College Champ game where he was scoreless against Georgia and was benched for Tua...he played well in the SB. Yes he fumbled but he made up for it and did bring Eagles to tie game when down 35-27. His defense couldn't do much 2nd half and special teams allowed a punt return all the way to the red zone. His hail Mary could've been better tho. I think he gonna get better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My thoughts on Hurts is this is a league where once they get film out on u, they will adjust. Hurts better be ready in 2023. It wont be as easy this time. That said, I hear Hurts is asking for 65-70 mil per. If thats true, the Eagles might be fuct. They have many free agents and cant sign them all as is. But if Hurts wants the brinks truck, I see HUGE issues. Daks deal might be a bargain if Hurts gets 70 mil per.

Reaction score
My thoughts on Hurts is this is a league where once they get film out on u, they will adjust. Hurts better be ready in 2023. It wont be as easy this time. That said, I hear Hurts is asking for 65-70 mil per. If thats true, the Eagles might be fuct. They have many free agents and cant sign them all as is. But if Hurts wants the brinks truck, I see HUGE issues. Daks deal might be a bargain if Hurts gets 70 mil per.
I don't see him asking for that much...maybe 45 but I would think he would want a good team around him again.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hurts is an effective QB. Won't last long due to his style, but at present he's good.