Jalen Ramsey Traded To Rams

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Whoa that's a lot. But I commend them for being aggressive. NFC has several good teams but no great teams, it's there for the taking.

That's how I feel. At least they are trying to win now. I might not agree with the move, but as a fan, I'd commend my team's front office for making an effort.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I'm just thankful the Eagles didn't trade for him because I think he is the one player that could have transformed that defense into a good defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The benefits of having a real GM.
really so they go out and through 2 first rounders and 4th on contract year players who shows hes not motivated to even play in contract year and forced his way out? theres no guarantee JR upgrades the rams defense that much over Peters and any GM can grab 2 first and 4thh and go get just about any layer.. theres no genius there AT ALL..

if they got him for one first, that a great GM.. they overpaid , period.. real GM huh....? dont agree..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm just thankful the Eagles didn't trade for him because I think he is the one player that could have transformed that defense into a good defense.
their GM knows agood trade and that was not good trade.. I hate the eagles but they get value in their trades since Chip Kelley made.. JR is not 2 first rounders and 4th better then Peters who they gave away..

ghst187

Reaction score
There’s a argument to be made but I just don’t like Ramsey. Which is why he’s getting traded. He’s scum. I still make the Zeke pick.

agree. Wonder how the jag fans feel....played 3 seasons and had to trade him bc he’s a turd.
Not sure that’s a win. Zekes been an idiot but he’s won us a lot of games. We may regret that contract but we will still be riding him 3-4 years from now. Ramsey will be winning with Rams while the Jags keep losing.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
really so they go out and through 2 first rounders and 4th on contract year players who shows hes not motivated to even play in contract year and forced his way out? theres no guarantee JR upgrades the rams defense that much over Peters and any GM can grab 2 first and 4thh and go get just about any layer.. theres no genius there AT ALL..

if they got him for one first, that a great GM.. they overpaid , period.. real GM huh....? dont agree..

Did you even read the post I quoted to make that comment? Read it again.

Nowhere did I agree that giving that much for a disgruntled player is a good idea. I actually think the Rams are dumb for that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two 1st round picks for Jalen Ramsey is a fair trade..hes by far the best corner in the game...

You could spend 10 1st round picks and not get a Ramsey
BY FAR..no hes not..hes top 5 but theres some good corners out there.. its 2 firsts and a 4th plus peters was a solid layer.. JR is nto that cost better then Peters. Hes not..

blueblood70

Reaction score
agree. Wonder how the jag fans feel....played 3 seasons and had to trade him bc he’s a turd.
Not sure that’s a win. Zekes been an idiot but he’s won us a lot of games. We may regret that contract but we will still be riding him 3-4 years from now. Ramsey will be winning with Rams while the Jags keep losing.
no guarantee Rams will be winning..thats the hope but yes the Rams have 3 of the Jags recent first rounders all on their team..Fowler, Bortles and now JR..odd but true..

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The devil is in the details. Like the Texans with Tunsil (and to a smaller extent the Cowboys before them), the Rams traded for Ramsey but didn't get a contract extension done. What that means is that the team is screwed in future negotiations. They only have him under contract this year and next. But considering that they gave up not one, but two 1st round picks and a 4th as well, they have no choice but to give him anything he demands on a long term deal in order to justify the draft investment.

They screwed themselves.
Your entire premise doesn't hold water because in the NFL they have something called a franchise tag, and the Rams leverage it more than any other club.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your entire premise doesn't hold water because in the NFL they have something called a franchise tag, and the Rams leverage it more than any other club.
And he's most likely to no show if tagged, any team would be aware of that. They're going to be top heavy with the cap, too much to too few.

JAX has to get a QB, this will give them the draft capital to go for Tua, the next Mahomes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont believe its as big an upgrade as you think, JR is better but not for what they gave for him and the fact is its a contract year.. crazy IMO that a lot of risk vs how much reward over peters?

Ramsey is a legit shut down CB which is a rare thing. He's loads better than Marcus Peters who is in line for a big pay day himself. I don't think 2 1st round picks likely in the 20-32 range is that much. Most years, Dallas only has 18-20 players with 1st round grades.

Creeper

Reaction score
You have to figure the Rams picks are not going to be high in the round and that's why they had to fork over 2 of them. But is this really worth it? If they got Ramsey and kept Peters it might make more sense. But Peters is a really good CB in his own right. They traded away 1 first round picks for the difference between Ramsey and Peters. Looking at it that way makes it seem like an awful lot to pay.

Then again, their biggest problem is their offensive line. The got a Center for Peters. Maybe that was the real point of this deal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're simply terrible at this aren't you? You try to start arguments and the only thing you accomplish is showing the entire forum that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

But at least you're consistent.

Consistently clueless.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ramsey is a legit shut down CB which is a rare thing. He's loads better than Marcus Peters who is in line for a big pay day himself. I don't think 2 1st round picks likely in the 20-32 range is that much. Most years, Dallas only has 18-20 players with 1st round grades.
really I saw him get lit up many games over the years,..hes really good but not a guy you are describing every game.. this year hes played what 3 games gave up a 100yards to a no name WR..

meh..hes great but hes not Dion Sanders, Darell green, or Darrell Reavis type..close but IMO no freakin way hes worth 2 first and a 4th and giving up peters for noting.. not great GM move ..im simply looking at their trades yesterday on whole.. sure they got really good player but I dont think it was a season changing deal for what they paid..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. If those picks are late round picks then Jags lost. If they are two decent picks....you gotta like it for them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
really I saw him get lit up many games over the years,..hes really good but not a guy you are describing every game.. this year hes played what 3 games gave up a 100yards to a no name WR..

meh..hes great but hes not Dion Sanders, Darell green, or Darrell Reavis type..close but IMO no freakin way hes worth 2 first and a 4th and giving up peters for noting.. not great GM move ..im simply looking at their trades yesterday on whole.. sure they got really good player but I dont think it was a season changing deal for what they paid..

Hard to question the judgement of a GM that built a team that made it to the super bowl just last year. But, I guess everyone has opinions.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They could trade Gurley to some stupid team in the offseason and get right back into the first round. This same stuff was said about the Eagles. Rams GM knows what they are doing.

There is no team that stupid. Wait...Gurley, Zeke, and Pollard in the backfield, oh my.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL and they will somehow get their first rounders back. Remember this place saying the Eagles screwed up with Wentz?

Yet, they found their way back into the first round the following season.
They didn't get their first rounders back in 2017, 2018 or 2019.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's so great he garnered two first rounders and a 4th, even though he forced his team to trade him because he didnt want to be there anymore, not the other way around.

Extremely weird statement.

That's called desperation, not cornering the market. The Rams took a risk, that will not change how they are attacked, by much at all. Lost two DB's, brought in one over-priced, but solid DB. What is their next move?