Image: Jalen Ramsey vs top receivers

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Lol can't believe people actually believe that. Crazy. The Cowboys passing attack had the highest EPA/play in the entire league his rookie year. The entire league.

Zeke didn't carry ****

Yes, imagine if they ever did that. But that haven't.
Cowboys with Dak have been been most effective when being a running team and passing less!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This place is still in love with him as a WR because they refuse to acknowledge giving this many firsts up for skill players is a bad idea. (we've given up 3 of our last 5 first round draft picks up for RBs and WRs) - this forum loves it, as much as people whine about Jerry, there are a bunch of little Jerry Juniors running around this place. They'd run the team the same way, sign the same players, draft the same players, and get the same results with as much ego as Jerry has.

Amari Cooper has been criticized the same way he gets criticized here dating back to his time with the Raiders. Horrible to inconsistent hands, ghosts on the road, and his effort lowers when things go south.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My words toward Cooper have not been kind.

Realistically, I was very turned off by him from what I saw in 2019, those first few Div II games aside.

However he played very well this past year. He saved 2018 on his own. The trade was worth it overall.

That said, while I'll be happy to have him in 2021, I 100% want to part ways after then, and allocate that money to defense. Anyone who has a fantasy about it becoming much better in one off-season is fooling themselves.

They need several mid round picks to contribute at a very high level immediately if that were to happen. It won't.

It's nice to have many very good WR, but what's the point when the defense is so bad we are home watching today, despite playing in one of the worst divisions in sports history?

The failure on defense was a lot of bad calls on draft picks 2016-2019 and a bunch of whiffs in free agency in 2020. And the coach. There were plenty of quality picks rounds 1-5 given to the defense in those years.

Hill, Jackson, Jackson
LVE, Armstrong
Taco, Awuzie, Lewis
Jaylon, Maliek, Tapper

All meh production for use this year, and elsewhere as well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/draft.htm

Having said that, I'd rather not be spending so much on WR too, though the first one to go should be Gallup, who we let walk and pick up a comp pick.

It is an option to go with CD as our #1, but I'm not in a hurry to get rid of Cooper.

Cooper is our difference maker on offense. Gets open, catches the ball, and can take the top off the defense. He's the guy defenses have to double, and he's our only speed at WR. The field gets very short if we let Cooper go next year.