Jalen Reagor-TCU-WR

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This

WR could wind up being the pick in a scenario where the board gets wiped and no trade down is available. Which is very possible. Also consider the overall value of WR's, which are just behind QB's and DE's on the pay scale. Dont sleep on WR at 17.

Also a pick at 17 is under contract for 5 years. Gallup has 2 years left on his contract
Yea...I mean unless Kinlaw slips (he won't), I think WR should be the priority. Slot is a need anyway, and the best players at 17 are WRs.

No brainer to me lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea...I mean unless Kinlaw slips (he won't), I think WR should be the priority. Slot is a need anyway, and the best players at 17 are WRs.

No brainer to me lol.
You need 4 playable WR's, and 3 are practically starters. You can bring Cobb back, but he is not a long term solution. He may not even be a short term solution, considering how injury prone he has been in his career

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You need 4 playable WR's, and 3 are practically starters. You can bring Cobb back, but he is not a long term solution. He may not even be a short term solution, considering how injury prone he has been in his career
And the fact that he isn't good lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And the fact that he isn't good lol
He is at times. However, he was far more erratic that any of our other skill players. At this stage in his career, I think he is a good #4. He would still demand attention from defenses because he can do damage. But you arent counting on him to be a efficient producer. Which at this stage in his career her is not

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He is at times. However, he was far more erratic that any of our other skill players. At this stage in his career, I think he is a good #4. He would still demand attention from defenses because he can do damage. But you arent counting on him to be a efficient producer. Which at this stage in his career her is not
Yea, that's pretty fair. I don't think he really commanded attention last year either, but was a product of getting consistently good matchups.

A true playmaker in that role could be absolutely devastating in this offense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea, that's pretty fair. I don't think he really commanded attention last year either, but was a product of getting consistently good matchups.

A true playmaker in that role could be absolutely devastating in this offense.
Im not sold that one of Lamb or Jeudy wont be there. Especially if there is a run on QB's and OT's, and Epenasa and Chiasson have good combines.

Creeper

Reaction score
It's probably the only position where you aren't reaching at 17.

We'll have to see who else is on the board but picking Reagor at 17 is a reach IMO. I think better players will be available at that point in the draft. My point is, if the Cowboys want a WR badly, I bet they can find one in round 2. But again, it depends on who is left on the board at 17.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like both Reagor and Ruggs, but the more I watch Reagor the more I think he has the talent to develop into a smaller #1 in the Tyreek Hill mold. I see Ruggs as a very good player, but I don't know of I see #1 potential in him

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We'll have to see who else is on the board but picking Reagor at 17 is a reach IMO. I think better players will be available at that point in the draft. My point is, if the Cowboys want a WR badly, I bet they can find one in round 2. But again, it depends on who is left on the board at 17.
Reagor is projected late b/c of how deep the WR class is. It's not a reach on talent, it's a reach on the rankings.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reagor is projected late b/c of how deep the WR class is. It's not a reach on talent, it's a reach on the rankings.
And teams drafting WR's may go for the bigger WR's. They are easier to project as #1's. However I see potential in Reagor to be a smaller #1 in the Steve Smith, Tyreek Hill mold.

I dont think we will have a an issue with size, we were looking at Hardman last year

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
And teams drafting WR's may go for the bigger WR's. They are easier to project as #1's. However I see potential in Reagor to be a smaller #1 in the Steve Smith, Tyreek Hill mold.

I dont think we will have a an issue with size, we were looking at Hardman last year
I agree that Reagor has more potential as a #1 in that way, but I don't think that's why you draft him. You draft both of these guys because they have elite speed and will be dangerous vertical threats on day 1. I just like Reagor more b/c I think he's a bit more explosive and a bit more dangerous with the ball in his hands.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree that Reagor has more potential as a #1 in that way, but I don't think that's why you draft him. You draft both of these guys because they have elite speed and will be dangerous vertical threats on day 1. I just like Reagor more b/c I think he's a bit more explosive and a bit more dangerous with the ball in his hands.
You draft them because they make your team better than Grant Delpit, Xavier McKinney or Kristian Fulton would IMO

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My "Ware Big Board" at 17 right now would be

-Kinlaw
-Chaisson
-McKinney
-Ruggs
-Fulton
-Delpit
-Diggs
-YGM
-Epenesa

Frankly, I'd be fine with any of those names. I'm much more of a BPA guy than a need guy, and I'm not worried so much about position as getting a good player with our first round pick. There is no way for the draft to go bad enough to where all those names are wiped out. Some players will be gone for sure, but at least 2 should be there, and then it's just about not being stupid and taking the talent that is given to us. Marinelli antics aside, we have been very, very good about that.

Don't think too hard about the need; any of those guys are probably starting Day 1 for us. Just get a good player.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Demarcus Robinson 126 overall
Tyreek Hill. 165 overall
Mecole hardman 56 overall
Sammy Watkins big free agent

Maybe it was Mahomes that made them....
Cooper trade
Cobb. Free agent
Gallop 3rd round pick
The other receivers were free agents or late round trade guys.

Since Dallas receives are so top end, as you put it, perhaps Dak made them.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Cooper trade
Cobb. Free agent
Gallop 3rd round pick
The other receivers were free agents or late round trade guys.

Since Dallas receives are so top end, as you put it, perhaps Dak made them.

We saw Romo makes guys like Laurent Robinson and Miles Austin get paid...usually WR play is a product of the QB.

Cobb was basically picked up off the streets and was a very solid #3 minus a few drops.