Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
There’s also a strong possibility next years draft will be a total crap shoot thus making the pick that much more difficult to nail.

Fair point. But- it cuts both ways. It also increases the probability that good players will slip in the draft, and be available later than they would have been had more scouting and film available.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Some franchises are actually all-in on winning championships, others are content just talking about it.

Anyways, here comes the "they paid too much" crowd. :rolleyes:

As jelly as I am they did pay a steep price. Id have been excited, but can guarantee many would feel we over paid.

I figured a 1st and 3rd or so would get it done.

CWR

Reaction score
Seattle does tend to stink in the 1st round lately.

Then again, they often pick late...and theres a reason for that.

They also make use of later round picks and have a QB that can win without an All Pro at every position.

Theres no way the case can be made that Adams is worth that much, but ita probably Carroll going for it while Wilson is still in his prime.

Still peculiar, but I get it to a small degree. Expensive. Wow still.

Yeah you're probably right. Given the cap ramifications and draft capital it would probably be more prudent to trade up a bit and get a stud safety in the draft, if you can identify one that is.

aria

Reaction score
nah that would take up far too much of my time. Much easier here, with you, since I frequent the boards and you post about zeke so much. One stop shop.

and as far as how you feel about our firsts, their firsts, draft picks relative in general, that’s cool. We all have different opinions on that thing and that’s what msg boards are about. Tying it specifically to zeke tho is a weird stretch and very on brand. Good talk
Have you not seen the comments tying it to Dak? Go have a word with them, the Dak craze is real.

CWR

Reaction score
Fair point. But- it cuts both ways. It also increases the probability that good players will slip in the draft, and be available later than they would have been with more scouting and film available.

Our scouting department is so on point I actually believe we could turn it into an advantage.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Some franchises are actually all-in on winning championships, others are content just talking about it.

Anyways, here comes the "they paid too much" crowd. :rolleyes:
roll your eyes all you want and mock but yeah a player, 2 firsts and a 3rd? for a safety? If you think thats a good idea? I my eyes eyes at thee

JeremyTB

Reaction score
Seahawks need Dline and Oline help so what do they do? "Let's go pay the farm for a disgruntled unsigned Safety" A position that is one of the least important on the field and wasn't even a weakness for the Seahawks. Oh and he wants $17 Million per year. It seemed like they only did this to stop the Niners from getting him.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
The Jets suck and have for decades. These draft picks won't make them good, because they are a garbage organization. However it does hurt Seattle. Losing two 1st and having giving a market setting is bad business.

75boyz

Reaction score
Actually, that is Seattle’s first round picks going back to 2011, so I needed to add Tyron Smith and Mo Claiborne to Dallas’ list.

so it should be:
Tyron Smith
Mo Claiborne
Zack Martin
Byron Jones
Ezekiel Elliott
Taco Charlton
Leighton Vander Esch
None (Amari Cooper trade)
CeeDee Lamb

vs.
James Carpenter
Bruce irvin
Germaine Ifedi
Rashad Penny
LJ Collier
Jordyn Brooks

That’s how the first round has shaken out for Dallas vs. Seattle since 2011.

I guess a 1-1 Super Bowl record forgives some of their first rounders not panning out.

Not sure where the Dallas first round draft supremacy adds to their bottom line in comparison.

I know, Before
It was all Garrett's fault.
Or Romos
The defense

Or now
Garrett again
Dak
Zeke
Defense again
Marinelli

And if all else fails....drumroll

Blame it all on Jerry!

Think that about covers it, lol :)

Last edited:

irishline

Reaction score
In case you haven’t noticed, we’re talking about giving up first round picks, and in case you weren’t aware we used not only a first round pick but the 4th overall on a RB...

At this point we could start a thread on which type of flower bulb grows better in an arid environment with little sunlight and you would find a way to make it a negative about Zeke. It looks beyond fan annoyance anymore, you sure it isn't personal?

It's kind of old, predictable, and tired really at this point. IMHO of course.

broken-record.jpg
seriously...

As for Adams, man I am glad we didn't give that much up.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I guess a 1-1 Super Bowl record forgives some of their first rounders not panning out.

Not sure where the Dallas first round draft supremacy adds to their bottom line in comparison.

Yeah, it does.

Do you have a "We hit on most of our 1st rounders" trophy you want to show off?

marius

Reaction score
Trade Dak now !!!! maybe another team can over paid and give 2, 1 round for Dak-Moron....