Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Signing him won't be a issue. I mean they traded for him...they have to have the intent to sign him.

The price was steep. But like I said they are drafting busts in the 1st round and letting them go. I'd rather have Jamal Adams than draft 2 busts. Cowboys are far better in the 1st so I'd be pissed if they did that.

First let’s see that contract. It will be a doozie. Second Seattle have been great drafters. So they missed on a couple recent ones but a 1,1,3 is a TON to give up. Personally I love it. Good for the Cowboys. That turd will be chasing CeeDee for years to come. Love it.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Some franchises are actually all-in on winning championships, others are content just talking about it.

Anyways, here comes the "they paid too much" crowd. :rolleyes:
I'm not giving up two first, a third, a player, AND yous till have to pay him. A first and third, I'd do in a heartbeat. Yes, it's too much for a safety.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah which is insane. How do you screw up the 1st round but have success in the other rounds? Very odd. I'm so glad the Cowboys didn't do this but if you suck in the 1st round...might as well trade the picks as opposed to drafting a bust. Hell their 3rd rounder they gave up is probably more valuable to them then the 1st lol.
Yup, that’s pretty much what I said above. It will most likely be a late first rounder which they have historically screwed the pooch on so why not get a great player? We gave up a first for a guy that only shows up in home games and led the league in drops the year before we traded for him. We also used a first on a player who was great one season, not good the second season when he played, and may be one hit away from retirement. Oh yeah...then we used a 4th OVERALL on a RB!

I don’t think this deal is nearly as bad as people make it seem. Not including this years draft since we haven’t seen any of them, I would have easily given up zeke, drafted henry and given up taco for Adams. Those would have been our first round picks. Or you could throw in LVE and Adams or any combination of those guys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If there's any coach that can take advantage of Adams it's Carroll. High price though. Franchise tag+ price

This .....Carroll funnels plays to his safeties.. he values them much higher than other defenses for this reason, this isn't news to anyone who has watched Seattle's defenses with him as head coach. Again I think it's steep but I can also see he is trying to put a turnover defense back on the field he has been missing for a couple years. It may be the worst trade in years or... he may have the highest turnover margin with a great D scheme and ball control offense....

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah which is insane. How do you screw up the 1st round but have success in the other rounds? Very odd. I'm so glad the Cowboys didn't do this but if you suck in the 1st round...might as well trade the picks as opposed to drafting a bust. Hell their 3rd rounder they gave up is probably more valuable to them then the 1st lol.
Yep. Some of their first round picks have had me scratching my head for sure.

James Carpenter
Bruce irvin
Germaine Ifedi
Rashad Penny
LJ Collier
Jordyn Brooks

That is a terrible list of first round picks.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Seattle's happy, what difference does it make? But that sounds similar to what you would give up to move up to the top 3 in the draft.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yup, that’s pretty much what I said above. It will most likely be a late first rounder which they have historically screwed the pooch on so why not get a great player? We gave up a first for a guy that only shows up in home games and led the league in drops the year before we traded for him. We also used a first on a player who was great one season, not good the second season when he played, and may be one hit away from retirement. Oh yeah...then we used a 4th OVERALL on a RB!

I don’t think this deal is nearly as bad as people make it seem. Not including this years draft since we haven’t seen any of them, I would have easily given up zeke, drafted henry and given up taco for Adams. Those would have been our first round picks. Or you could throw in LVE and Adams or any combination of those guys.
Always got Zeke on your mind like you're his woman. Damn

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Some of their first round picks have had me scratching my head for sure.

James Carpenter
Bruce irvin
Germaine Ifedi
Rashad Penny
LJ Collier
Jordyn Brooks

That is a terrible list of first round picks.
Yikes...didn't know they got Penny in the 1st. They are picking for the most part late in the 1st....that late in the 1st and early 2nd is tough to draft. Some teams like to get too cute there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First let’s see that contract. It will be a doozie. Second Seattle have been great drafters. So they missed on a couple recent ones but a 1,1,3 is a TON to give up. Personally I love it. Good for the Cowboys. That turd will be chasing CeeDee for years to come. Love it.
Naw man.....look at their history of 1st round picks....its almost like they are cursed lol. Now that's no excuse to trade them. To me that means you need too change your draft procedure if you keep drafting busts in the 1st. I have a feeling yes they will be chasing Lamb for years to come but we are going to be chasing Metcalf...he looks like he's going to be a BEAST.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

For Seattle? I don't think the deal is that bad no. Only because they suck in the 1st round. But if the Cowboys do that? I would've been PISSED.

And also let me say this.....Seahawks could easily miss the playoffs this year. They are trading 1st rounders like they are the Patriots or someone. The NFC West will have 4 good teams this year. And if I'm being honest? I feel more comfortable with the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams then I do them. Jamal Adams on defense doesn't really swing things for me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yikes...didn't know they got Penny in the 1st. They are picking for the most part late in the 1st....that late in the 1st and early 2nd is tough to draft. Some teams like to get too cute there.
Yeah, Penny in the first is crazy. They always march to the beat of their own drum when it comes to evaluating draft prospects. It worked for them in the early part of the 2010’s thanks in large part to Russell Wilson and hitting on some late picks with Chancellor, Sherman, etc. However, there has been a steady talent drain in Seattle that they have been unable to stem because their drafting has been so bad since they won the super bowl.

They would have been better off if they had just drafted the BPA from NFL.com in the first round.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Naw man.....look at their history of 1st round picks....its almost like they are cursed lol. Now that's no excuse to trade them. To me that means you need too change your draft procedure if you keep drafting busts in the 1st. I have a feeling yes they will be chasing Lamb for years to come but we are going to be chasing Metcalf...he looks like he's going to be a BEAST.

True. The guy is a mutant.

Yeah I suspect I will be missing Heath big time.

NOT!