James Bradberry CB Giants on the way to being released

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
(@Proof) this will be interesting, and can be used as a barometer of what we got for Coop. Every team in the league can see that the Giants need to shed CAP space (to allow them to sign their draft picks), i'd assume the Giants cant bluff any team in taking him and are trying to elicit two teams to auction up his trade value.... will they get a trade (and for what), or will teams wait until he's inevitably cut?

Carson

Reaction score
(@Proof) this will be interesting, and can be used as a barometer of what we got for Coop. Every team in the league can see that the Giants need to shed CAP space (to allow them to sign their draft picks), i'd assume the Giants cant bluff any team in taking him and are trying to elicit two teams to auction up his trade value.... will they get a trade (and for what), or will teams wait until he's inevitably cut?
I’m sure he will land in Philly for a 7th rounder in 2025 lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't specifically using the term great for him. Talented players can play regardless of scheme fit.
That excuse cost us TJ Watt.
The Cowboys went with the bigger player because they wanted a run stopper and full time DE. So they chose Taco.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys went with the bigger player because they wanted a run stopper and full time DE. So they chose Taco.
And they missed out on an elite player that would've been a better run stopper than Taco. There is no justification for passing up on Watt. You solve scheme fits in training camp.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
They are cutting him because of his contract not his play
He’s got a large contract and he could get fairly high offers
13 mil for one year now

If that's the case, it's too rich for the Cowboys blood. I feel the FO is satisfied with who they got now on the roster, and cheaper.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are cutting him because of his contract not his play
He’s got a large contract and he could get fairly high offers
13 mil for one year now
Exactly. The Cowboys history suggests they won’t compete for a player like that on the open market

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Goes to show you that paying big money to your franchise QB is making a big difference on your team. You then have to pay to keep him protected so your next move is paying big money to OL. RB, WR, CB, are now being released since you can't pay everyone. LB are not far behind. It's a money thing, not talent. The DL is the other important position where money will go. And the reason some OLB want to be considered DE. Looking at you Micah. :D

Carson

Reaction score
Goes to show you that paying big money to your franchise QB is making a big difference on your team. You then have to pay to keep him protected so your next move is paying big money to OL. RB, WR, CB, are now being released since you can't pay everyone. LB are not far behind. It's a money thing, not talent. The DL is the other important position where money will go. And the reason some OLB want to be considered DE. Looking at you Micah. :D
So what’s that say for the Giants who have no cap and no QB signed not on a rookie contract????

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He's not going anywhere as insurance or for a team friendly deal.

Hes a legit top tier corner only being released because the Giants have no money. He is going to sign somewhere for more money than we will spend and he will be a #1 or #2 behind an elite corner
I could see the Eagles paying him or New England. He would be a solid second corner. The Giants mistake is paying him like a one. The Giants last GM was awful. Did any of his picks or signing’s work out?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Bradberry, Diggs, Joseph and Brown would probably be our best CB room since 1995.

conner01

Reaction score
Exactly. The Cowboys history suggests they won’t compete for a player like that on the open market
Not likely anywhere close to his cost
He was very high paid and played well

conner01

Reaction score
If that's the case, it's too rich for the Cowboys blood. I feel the FO is satisfied with who they got now on the roster, and cheaper.
I agree
I think the issue is last years draft
The bridge of Lewis/brown works perfectly if you get a solid starter from what you took last year

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He might sign for 10 per and I would do that for two years.
That would put us right on the edge of being over the cap, I think. But I like it. It's basically our June 1st money.

We all know Stephen is not going to go after this guy, but it's still a nice conversation starter.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He may come to Dallas just to stick it to NY

Yeah, players really wanna stick it to teams who cut them and ended up getting them guaranteed money elsewhere. Going from a non-guaranteed deal to a nice signing bonus and a chance to have teams bidding on your services is horrible

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lewis cap hit is $4.6 million plus $2.3 in dead cap.

Bradbury is going to want $10-15 per

He's not getting that this late in the game. Giants had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year. Not sure its smart to start adding guys they don't want to pay.

Carson

Reaction score
He's not getting that this late in the game. Giants had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year. Not sure its smart to start adding guys they don't want to pay.
He’s going to get 7+ easily on a one year deal. Then he will cash in again next season.

Hell, Honey Badger just signed a 3 year, 33 million dollar deal and he is a safety. Bradberry is also a year younger

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s going to get 7+ easily on a one year deal. Then he will cash in again next season.

Hell, Honey Badger just signed a 3 year, 33 million dollar deal and he is a safety. Bradberry is also a year younger

I'd take him on a 1 year deal.