James Bradberry CB Giants on the way to being released

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I did think of him coming to Dallas when I read that he may be cut. I think he would be a good addition to the secondary.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If someone asked me what the deepest position on the Dallas Cowboys was, I'd say corner.

The rapper will take a seat but not forever, still need to get some sort of ROI on Wright, just drafted Bland...

Lewis and Brown are outperforming their paychecks IMO.

So maybe this guy would step in as CB2 right now, but at what expense? Use those resources elsewhere.

Proof

Reaction score
(@Proof) this will be interesting, and can be used as a barometer of what we got for Coop. Every team in the league can see that the Giants need to shed CAP space (to allow them to sign their draft picks), i'd assume the Giants cant bluff any team in taking him and are trying to elicit two teams to auction up his trade value.... will they get a trade (and for what), or will teams wait until he's inevitably cut?

I mean it’s the same situation with the Cowboys. I know why Amari fetched so little, my point was always that it wasn’t necessary and bad planning.

have you read Sturms evisceration of the move

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, players really wanna stick it to teams who cut them and ended up getting them guaranteed money elsewhere. Going from a non-guaranteed deal to a nice signing bonus and a chance to have teams bidding on your services is horrible
Lol! You always crack me up!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I mean it’s the same situation with the Cowboys. I know why Amari fetched so little, my point was always that it wasn’t necessary and bad planning.

have you read Sturms evisceration of the move

Yes ive read it and I mostly agree with it. However, Strum's looking at the deal in hindsight, just as you are. The one thing he's overlooked is that at the time of trading Cooper we were under the impression that we were signing Gregory. (and the DLaw new contract hadn't been agreed) ....which means we couldnt afford to let Coops contract become guaranteed (even with the restructure, which we couldnt afford due to the guaranteed money in 2023).

The other element he cant seem to fathom is that teams weren't approaching the Cowboys about Coop and so the Jones had to do something to stimulate the interest.....indeed that way there was a chance that two teams (teams that couldnt wait for him to be become a FA....like the Browns/Jets, i'm sure Coop would have picked a contender f he hit the market).

As ive said ,in hindsight, the plan didnt work and I bet Jones' realized the mistake when Gregory signed in Denver and that with DLaw agreeing the new contract they could of afforded Coop even if it was until the draft and sort trades in lieu of picks.

Last edited: