James Conner?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
With much of the RB market drying up the Cowboys should explore James Conner as an option. There was a lot of talk about this move during the season, but just didn't come to fruition. Probably one of the better possible options out there and likely not in the Cardinals longer term plans. I would give the Cardinals a call, may be worth kicking around a day 3 pick. He's a tough runner, coming off one of his best seasons, but has missed some games with injury.

Paired with a rookie rb I would like the backfield potential.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We would have to trade for him and we are already short on draft capital
True, but they could always work out a conditional 2025 pick. Or even a 5th or 6th rounder this year isn't a lot for a proven player on the last year of his deal.

The Cowboys could also recoup more picks moving down a couple spots in round 1 or 2 if there are players they rather trade back for. No one knows who will be available, but all the Cowboys are really missing is a 4th round pick this year.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Use 2 draft picks on a RB? Not signing up for that.
All depends on what else they fill before the draft. As it stands now it would seem like a luxury with other needs, but if you address them in free agency it provides more position flex.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would also call the Steelers about Najee Harris.......like Gallup, he has only one year left on his current contract.

exciter

Reaction score
With much of the RB market drying up the Cowboys should explore James Conner as an option. There was a lot of talk about this move during the season, but just didn't come to fruition. Probably one of the better possible options out there and likely not in the Cardinals longer term plans. I would give the Cardinals a call, may be worth kicking around a day 3 pick. He's a tough runner, coming off one of his best seasons, but has missed some games with injury.

Paired with a rookie rb I would like the backfield potential.
As you said they’re rebuilding. They’re going to have to rely heavily on the running game to run their offense and they have nothing of note at the position behind him. Guessing the pick it would take to get them to move currently is much more than what we should be willing to give up for an almost 30 one year rental at RB. Just as soon use the pick in the draft and wait until the trade deadline when he can be acquired for used peanut shells!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’ve always liked Conner since his college days at Pitt.

I think another viable solution would be AJ Dillon. He’s still only 25 and would provide that power running presence we need. You pair him with a quality RB in the draft and we’re not looking so bad.

Then again it would not surprise me if this galaxy brained FO would go into the season with Malik Davis as the starter.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’ve always liked Conner since his college days at Pitt.

I think another viable solution would be AJ Dillon. He’s still only 25 and would provide that power running presence we need. You pair him with a quality RB in the draft and we’re not looking so bad.

Then again it would not surprise me if this galaxy brained FO would go into the season with Malik Davis as the starter.
He's that young, oh yeah sign me up!!