James Conner?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Just bring AD in for a workout. He ain't been retired that long. Besides, he's wanted to be a Cowboy for years.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Good post! I'd be shocked if they don't release him. Just like Gallup, no one is trading for that contract.
Gallup is a bigger financial commitment vs Conner who's got 1 year left. If the Cardinals traded him they would eat the 3 million in dead money so actual cost to the Cowboys would be about 5.9 million for the season. He's better/more accomplished than Zack Moss who got 4 million so I don't think his contract is that crazy. On the open market he likely signs somewhere between 5 and 7 million anyway.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Gallup is a bigger financial commitment vs Conner who's got 1 year left. If the Cardinals traded him they would eat the 3 million in dead money so actual cost to the Cowboys would be about 5.9 million for the season. He's better/more accomplished than Zack Moss who got 4 million so I don't think his contract is that crazy. On the open market he likely signs somewhere between 5 and 7 million anyway.
It would make more sense to draft a rb and have him 4 years cheaply.