Video: James Washington Film Session | WR Signs To Dallas Cowboys

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Really wish we'd sign at least one big external FA. To me, I would rather us try to get big FAs and not pan out rather than stay with the status quo. At least by doing the former, it'd be perceived that the FO is trying.
Agree 1000%
After the Gregory fiasco
Hoping they'd use his money for a big time pass rusher.
Looks like they only pay their own players

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Onl

Only? That’s damn near a round apart lol. Y’all will argue anything. I say I’m tired of mid round picks and you bring up Wilson who was a 6th rounder…im tired of mid round receivers….over them….
You're right in exposing their argumentative ways but you're wrong in what you're asking. Dak gets 40 million. He has a 1st round wr and another making over 10 million a year. We should be all about mid round wrs right now

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're right in exposing their argumentative ways but you're wrong in what you're asking. Dak gets 40 million. He has a 1st round wr and another making over 10 million a year. We should be all about mid round wrs right now
I agree to an extent. A 4th and 5th round receiver is like the Cowboys taking a tight end in the 2nd round. It just doesn't seem to work out. Hell I'd rather them draft one in the 6th round they seem to have success finding guys in that round for whatever reason. When they took Semi there was all this talk about project.....I feel like that's what you're doing in those rounds....just signing guy you hope will be ready years from now.

J-man

Reaction score
I understand this signing. Dallas has been lacking a deep threat with true top flight speed for several years. Gallup wasn't really a deep threat. He was just used in that role because we had no one else. Don't get me wrong he did ok in that role, but most of his stuff was intermediate routes. He doesn't have that true deep speed needed to stretch a defense. None of our WR's do/did.

I'm not sure how well this work if they don't get Dak his confidence back (that comes from the protection up front). Last year he was afraid, not of being hurt, but of being injured. He had unhappy feet and bailed on routes too soon. If he doesn't get that back it won't matter what we add to the offense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see Dak throwing deep often though where Washington excels.

That is on the OC as well. Need to call the plays. As well we need a WR that can actually get deep.
Seems Cooper never truly provided that consistently. Which also falls back on idiot Moore.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ceedee is #1, then who? Gallup won’t be ready till week 4, they even already said that. So to me that means week 4-6. So who is#2? It’s either Washington or it’s a rookie draft pick.

Where and when did they say week 4? The team or the stupid mediots?
All I seen was to be ready for TC (which means PUP) and for the season opener (from his agent). The team, not that I have seen, has not commented about it, but to expect him to be ready.

quickccc

Reaction score
If a 6th rounder is a mid round pick what the heck is a late rounder lol?

- i know mid rounders are considered 4th rounders.

- i'm not sure about 5th rounders, but i do know 6th and 7th are definitely late rounders.

- 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounders are early rounds
I've heard the jones always say in their pre/post draft press conferences, that they count more on their first 3 rounds to be immediate starters/major contributors.

- Cedric Wilson proved huge when he stepped up as a 3rd WR in Gallup's absence.
With the thinner WR depth and Gallup's durability trend, we are not only gonna need Wilson type reliability-capability from that 3rd WR.
But even the 4th WR now becomes very key depth.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not a bad thing but Washington looks to me like more of a Gallup clone than a defense stretcher.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't see Dak throwing deep often though where Washington excels.
all or our WRs and TE actually have very above average YPC so not sure what you are watching..if the aren't throwing deep enough often enough its more likely the play call or the OL breaking down got to get rid of it..

go look at YPC that the key its above average across the board.

blueblood70

Reaction score
- i know mid rounders are considered 4th rounders.

- i'm not sure about 5th rounders, but i do know 6th and 7th are definitely late rounders.

- 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounders are early rounds
I've heard the jones always say in their pre/post draft press conferences, that they count more on their first 3 rounds to be immediate starters/major contributors.

- Cedric Wilson proved huge when he stepped up as a 3rd WR in Gallup's absence.
With the thinner WR depth and Gallup's durability trend, we are not only gonna need Wilson type reliability-capability from that 3rd WR.
But even the 4th WR now becomes very key depth.
I say Washington, turner and other TBD will do just fine..

fivetwos

Reaction score
his YPC says otherwise..
Yep true.

Reminded me of Gallup in the sense that he looks willing to fight for the ball.

We could well use either and there's little chance a WR isn't drafted, so whichever.

quickccc

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. A 4th and 5th round receiver is like the Cowboys taking a tight end in the 2nd round. It just doesn't seem to work out. Hell I'd rather them draft one in the 6th round they seem to have success finding guys in that round for whatever reason. When they took Semi there was all this talk about project.....I feel like that's what you're doing in those rounds....just signing guy you hope will be ready years from now.

I’m not understanding the 4th-5th rd WR to 2ne rd TEs comparisons.
But if we do draft a TE in 2nd rd, I sure expect him to be a starter or very near future starter with hopeful superlative pro bowl expectations.
Last time we really blew that one was Gavin Escobar, who as JAG as they come. Not even in NFL anymore.

- That 3rd WR is really a starter so i could see your concerns getting one between early vs mid rounds.
NFL nowadays trends and offenses are so 3 WR sets.
Gallup was a 3rd rounder and they had intentions of him eventually starting, and upgrading over Twill. .

- First thing I asked myself with Simi Fehoko was why a guy with such size/speed measurements dropping so far in late rounds.
WRs and RBs tend to do so in NFL draft. But after watching him up close this summer, I saw the concerns and now it seems
we are already giving up on him as a project WR, and he’s becoming TE project.

coult44

Reaction score
Where and when did they say week 4? The team or the stupid mediots?
All I seen was to be ready for TC (which means PUP) and for the season opener (from his agent). The team, not that I have seen, has not commented about it, but to expect him to be ready.

Yea I’ve been scouring through old shows to find who said it. One of the guys on DC.com podcasts. I should’ve waited before I said it since I didn’t have source.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I’m not understanding the 4th-5th rd WR to 2ne rd TEs comparisons.
But if we do draft a TE in 2nd rd, I sure expect him to be a starter or very near future starter with hopeful superlative pro bowl expectations.
Last time we really blew that one was Gavin Escobar, who as JAG as they come. Not even in NFL anymore.

- That 3rd WR is really a starter so i could see your concerns getting one between early vs mid rounds.
NFL nowadays trends and offenses are so 3 WR sets.
Gallup was a 3rd rounder and they had intentions of him eventually starting, and upgrading over Twill. .

- First thing I asked myself with Simi Fehoko was why a guy with such size/speed measurements dropping so far in late rounds.
WRs and RBs tend to do so in NFL draft. But after watching him up close this summer, I saw the concerns and now it seems
we are already giving up on him as a project WR, and he’s becoming TE project.
More likely they are going to groom him as a successor to Brown.