James Washington Will Be Our Deebo

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Talk about being slow....you guys are missing the point, James Washington has running ability, size and power. He was an excellent receiver in college. Shoot is senior year he had 74 catches for over 1500 yards. Do the math, that's 20 ypc!

However, the point I am making here is...he is our Deebo Samuel. You read it here first!!!

Does Pittsburgh know it list Lil' Deebo?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Deebo had over 1400 yards last season. James Washington has had 1700 yards in a four year career. He’s not even a poor man’s Deebo. lol

Cmac

Reaction score
Maybe Dez gets a job in the Front Office now.......you think?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I like the low cost gamble on Washington, just don't expect much. Pittsburgh is pretty darn good finding receivers, but he really didn't do much there even playing with a limited QB. But Washington types are players I am fine taking a low cost gambles on. He just probably isn't going to explode here though....probably.

Dallas still needs to have some answers to their departures though. This team has substantially more holes than it did at the end of the season. I don't think we can cross off WR and DE because we signed Washington and Fowler. I just don't know how they fill at least 2-3 gaps solidly though prior to the draft.

It is leading up to they have a dire need at offensive line. But they also have a ton of other holes. It would be nice if they weren't desperate for a position in the draft. That typically always doesn't end well.

Expect Washington to surprise you. He's definitely not Deebo but he's much better than the numbers he has to show the past couple years. Just too many mouths to feed in Pitt and a QB with a limp noodle.

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
Considering that our QB rarely throws the ball over 5 yards you might have a valid point.....
Guess you didn’t know Dak had 55 passes over 20 yards
Same as Rodgers and in the top 10 in the league

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Talk about being slow....you guys are missing the point, James Washington has running ability, size and power. He was an excellent receiver in college. Shoot is senior year he had 74 catches for over 1500 yards. Do the math, that's 20 ypc!

However, the point I am making here is...he is our Deebo Samuel. You read it here first!!!
He’s not as fast. But he can get faster.

ghst187

Reaction score
Im not locking up a guy with 50 catches over the last two years for 3 years

Same number of TDs as Gallup last two…..I think Wash has some talent, pretty good #3 talent but I think he will have to be used properly. Not sure he’s a slot kinda player, I’d want him stretching the D and cedee work the slot.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Same number of TDs as Gallup last two…..I think Wash has some talent, pretty good #3 talent but I think he will have to be used properly. Not sure he’s a slot kinda player, I’d want him stretching the D and cedee work the slot.
He’s a equal to gallup. I just think he can be a lot better at 205 instead of 213.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

laughing-cat-gif.gif

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He was primarily a flanker but did play some slot for the steelers.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wouldn't say that.
but he'll be our WR3...depending on how the draft falls.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
*Irrevelant*
My homeboy who's also a Dallas fan calls him James "no neck" Washington. Says his helmet sits on his shoulder pads. I was cracking up on the phone talking to him about the signing. He absolutely hates Pittsburgh, like we all do.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Oh by no means am I saying Washington is a be all end all receiver. I just think he brings a sneaky element to the team if he is utilized in that manner. Oh we definitely need another high end skilled receiver. Go Cowboys!

He brings a sneaky element to the team.
Since we love to settle for JAGs, I am sure he will be adequate.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
James could do some Deebo-like things, he's got a strong lower body and he isn't farid to get physical.... but who the heck is going to do the Kyle Shanahan-like play design and play calling?

Not Kellen Moore and his Scott Linehan slash Jason Garrett themed offense? He'll have James Washington run a route right next to Schultz and Gallup so that defenses can defend 2 on 3 and send extra men on blitzes. Kellen will get mad because those plays always worked on Coleco's Electronic Football.

pupulehaole

Reaction score

You clearly dont watch enough football.