Jane Slater, I Truly believe it's harder to be a Bills fan than a Cowboys fan every year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some clickbait hack who happens to be fairly attractive
I looked her up. She works for NFL network since 2016. From Dallas area. Used to work for Longhorn Network as she attended Texas.

I’d never heard of her before this week. Not sure why we are listening to her. Lol

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I looked her up. She works for NFL network since 2016. From Dallas area. Used to work for Longhorn Network as she attended Texas.

I’d never heard of her before this week. Not sure why we are listening to her. Lol
Oh, come on Gregg....

you saw her picture. You KNOW why people are listening to her. Or at least pretending to listen to her..... :laugh:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It might be.

Imagine watching the Patriots dynasty destroying your team for 20 years, only for the Chiefs to pick up the mantle immediately.

Like, imagine if 20 years from now we still couldn’t beat SF in the divisional round. That’s what it’d be like.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Some clickbait hack who happens to be fairly attractive

Jane Slater is a legitimately good reporter. She is not a “clickbait hack”.

She was the only one to hound McCarthy with big questions last week. The other reporters were throwing him softballs while she was asking the tough questions.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Jane Slater is a legitimately good reporter. She is not a “clickbait hack”.

She was the only one to hound McCarthy with big questions last week. The other reporters were throwing him softballs while she was asking the tough questions.
I will absolutely give her credit for that, the rest of them behaved like lapdogs, no argument there.

On the flipside, I do think she throws a lot of things out for clickbait.
like her being the only person who had intimate knowledge that Bill Belichick was yearning after the Cowboys job and secretly prepping for Jerry's call that never came....
or that Harbaugh really wanted the job also but never got a call.

that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I'm not saying Jane doesn't have connections, you can't work that many years in the industry and not know a few people.
But there are a lot of people far more intimately connected in NFL circles than she is and somehow nobody else knew about Belichick and Harbaugh but her?
and she drops this bomb *the day after* Jerry announces that McCarthy is coming back?

IMO, She did that to try and get everyone angry at Jerry. And to get people talking about her.
To her credit, mission accomplished on both. LOL