Jane Slater says Dont discount Micah Parsons at 10

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can draft another LB in rounds 2 or 3 that will make a difference.

We do not need an immature freelancer who sat out a season.

Parsons is as good a LB prospect that has come out in years. He is the defense version of Pitts.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Parsons could be a diva headache, we already have a few of those, one in particular who has a GIANT head to go along with the ache. So this would actually make sense for a perfect Jerry pick. Drops due to character concerns, immaturity issues, comes across as entitled, Jerry thinks he got a steal.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all, he’s made to be a Cowboy!
Either that or he becomes the leader of this defense and their enforcer.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Parsons is as good a LB prospect that has come out in years. He is the defense version of Pitts.
I completely disagree. Parsons is athletic and that's about it. Not good in coverage, struggles diagnosing plays, gets fooled by misdirection and has character/off the field concerns and not a very good teammate

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I completely disagree. Parsons is athletic and that's about it. Not good in coverage, struggles diagnosing plays, gets fooled by misdirection and has character/off the field concerns and not a very good teammate

bla, bla, bla.............Havent seen any of that. You dont like him and are making it up. Off the field is overblown.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
bla, bla, bla.............Havent seen any of that. You dont like him and are making it up. Off the field is overblown.
Watch the film. He is all projection and needs a ton of development.

You like him and therefore making it up that he is an every down, can do everything LB. Facts are though he isn't but has a ton of potential. Huge risk and I wouldn't draft him top 20.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

The people who are saying all this about how good he is have only seen the highlights.

I’m not saying Parsons won’t be a good player, but we don’t even know if the dude can cover yet. He’s not a top 10 pick.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The people who are saying all this about how good he is have only seen the highlights.

I’m not saying Parsons won’t be a good player, but we don’t even know if the dude can cover yet. He’s not a top 10 pick.
Plus his character concerns are just that, a concern. Can we pick a guy with no off the field problems, or not such a huge risk.

As far as film, I haven't seen anything that says this guy is an every down LB or can do everything. My only explanation for the hype is athletic ability or like you said a highlight film