Jane Slater says Dont discount Micah Parsons at 10

aria

Reaction score
Do you think you'd still have the same zest for Zeke or would some of it end up directed at Parsons?
:lmao: I don’t know, allegedly beating a women vs allegedly sexually assaulting a male teammate? Tough question. I never liked zeke but I didn’t really start getting on him until he started acting like an *** before, during and after being investigated for DV.

If Parsons showed up and kept his nose clean I would let it go. He’s also said some stuff in interviews that that left a lot to be desired IMO. Specifically when he said he doesn’t want to play for any team that judges him on his past. So now he’s gods gift to football and doesn’t think teams should overlook his past?

What an idiot, it’s almost as if he has no idea why teams thoroughly look into players backgrounds for any red flags. He screwed up, should have admitted it and said it would be a privilege to play in the NFL. He could have also elaborated by saying he will give 110% to any team that drafts him and he will prove to that team through his actions on and off the field that he is a player that will make them proud and not regret picking.

But no “I don’t want to play for any team that judges me from my past”. Sorry pal, that’s called real life and why there are things called references and background checks for a good portion of hard working people.

RamziD

Reaction score
Dont discount Micah Parsons at 10

This IMO would be so much better at 10 than CB. Do they need another? Probably but it doesnt matter who you have covering if the front 7 isnt fixed then the back end will still be bad. Vander Esch's health cant be trusted. And Jaylon shouldnt be allowed in coverage. Parsons is a complete 3 down LBer. This would allow Jaylon to rush the passer and player in the box where he made alot of plays last yr. What hurt him is when Nolan had him drop back.

Surtain IMO is a middle to backend of RD1 prospect. He struggled against the better WRs in the SEC and got eaten alive by Chase. So did Diggs and we saw him struggle vs the top Wrs in the nfl too. If youre drafting top 10 that guy has to be good day 1, and play good. Surtain is gonna struggle, i think Parsons can come in and dominate.

Would rather trade back and get my fave, Zaven Collins, than Parsons at 10

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
the public bathroom in the mall was invented for this.

I had a friend when he was like 20 use the bathroom and an older guy in the next stall....well he....lets just say he liked my friend and was happy to see him and decided to join him....

anyway..I always feared the mall bathroom as a teenager.
I can understand why!

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can Google it.

It's actually pretty disturbing
umm they are unfounded allegations between two teammates that fought preciously where a knife was used, lots pof other odd things came out of it but who knows where the truth lies..no one here can determine the truth

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks. Counseling helped a bit. Been on meds for a couple of years. I'm not sure she'll ever be the same. This is why I'm furious to see people think that type of behavior is "harmless hazing".
I'm so sorry that happened to your daughter and having one myself, I completely understand your feelings.

However, what I'm seeing as harmless hazing is between guys on a football team together, who get changed together, who shower together. That's locker room antics.

A male doing this to a female, when one likely has complete power over the other. Two different things.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Would rather trade back and get my fave, Zaven Collins, than Parsons at 10

dane brugler was on the fan a few minutes ago and said his understanding was Dallas loved collins. Not enough to take at 10 but mentioned they could move back for the right deal and take him later.

just passing it along.

aria

Reaction score
I also wouldn’t be surprised if he gets suspended at some point and then we’ll have to listen to all the conspiracy theorists whine and cry that the Cowboys are being unfairly targeted when the writing is on the wall.

There is one caveat...if the Giants drafted him, I would have less worries that he would mess up because he is very, very close with one of their coaches who coached him a Penn State and still talks to him regularly. There’s not another coach on any NFL team that has as much insight and personal contact with Parsons then him. So I’m assuming, if they draft him then they feel comfortable that his behavior/attitude is all water under the bridge and isn’t an issue. I would feel the same way if it were one of our coaches but wince it’s not, I don’t like the risk.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dane brugler was on the fan a few minutes ago and said his understanding was Dallas loved collins. Not enough to take at 10 but mentioned they could move back for the right deal and take him later.

just passing it along.

Well I'm sending that right back to you.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will be one of the losers of the first round if they go CB at 10.

But they overpay for everything so you know what's going to happen here.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be one of the losers of the first round if they go CB at 10.

But they overpay for everything so you know what's going to happen here.

Broaddus and Jeff C on the fan think there is a good chance they trade back to around 15 or so.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He's the best defender in this draft.

At #10, you have to get an impact, elite difference maker, no matter the position.

That means either Pitts, Sewell, Slater or Parsons.

I like Surtain. I like Horn. But neither are sure-fire stars. I think the other guys are.

Sound approach.

I would add JOK in there as a playmaker— but would only take him if we trade down to 15-20.

Phillips as the top edge would be tempting in that range as well. Darrisaw, Moehrig, or Farley if we trade back to 20-25.

Do NOT want Zaven Collins on this team

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Parsons the player I like. It's his maturity issues that have me wondering if he's worth a top ten pick.

I'd be happy tonight with Sewell, Surtain, Horn, Slater, or a small trade down to add more picks. If they go for Parsons I really hope they did their homework on him.