Jane Slater says Dont discount Micah Parsons at 10

starfan1

Reaction score
The Cowboys front is not LB friendly. Parsons will look like Jaylon out there. Oh, and no players with back surgeries either.
Jaylon looks as bad as he does because he’s Jaylon I agree we can get better up front but if Parsons is the the card needs to be put in

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jaylon looks as bad as he does because he’s Jaylon I agree we can get better up front but if Parsons is the the card needs to be put in
One of the weaknesses from his scouting report is needing work to take on and shed blocks. If they are picking a LB at #10, he better be able to dominate on the field day one.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
They shuldnt. Vander Esch neck is a scary thing
facts. If parson is there I would draft him. People forget because he didn't play last year but he was thought of as a generational talent. And was a beast when he played. I would take him over both horn and ps2.

The Dallas1575

Reaction score
He also would bring a nastiness and edge to this defense that it sorely lacks.

To be fair, Jaycee Horn would also bring that but it's just not as impactful as a front seven player.

I couldn't agree more with you.. this D needs some old school hard nose players.. and CB doesn't bring the immediate impact this D needs year one

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Dont discount Micah Parsons at 10

This IMO would be so much better at 10 than CB. Do they need another? Probably but it doesnt matter who you have covering if the front 7 isnt fixed then the back end will still be bad. Vander Esch's health cant be trusted. And Jaylon shouldnt be allowed in coverage. Parsons is a complete 3 down LBer. This would allow Jaylon to rush the passer and player in the box where he made alot of plays last yr. What hurt him is when Nolan had him drop back.

Surtain IMO is a middle to backend of RD1 prospect. He struggled against the better WRs in the SEC and got eaten alive by Chase. So did Diggs and we saw him struggle vs the top Wrs in the nfl too. If youre drafting top 10 that guy has to be good day 1, and play good. Surtain is gonna struggle, i think Parsons can come in and dominate.
I have been saying Micah Parsons for the longest time...

1st no. 10 Parsons or trade down for a 2nd no lower than no. 15 if guaranteed Parsons
1st round trade in - Caleb Farley using a 2nd and a 4th next year.
2nd Jabril Cox, best defensive playmaker besides Parsons in the draft.
3rd Milton Williams DL, Can play DE or DT and was a DT at LA Tech

starfan1

Reaction score
One of the weaknesses from his scouting report is needing work to take on and shed blocks. If they are picking a LB at #10, he better be able to dominate on the field day one.
Probably a better chance of him being dominant then either CB and he comes in he’ll be better than anyone currently in the LB room IMO

Mannix

Reaction score
Better not happen. I researched the sexual allegations, and really just came away from it hating James Franklin more than I already did....always knew the guy was a total DH!!!

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Probably a better chance of him being dominant then either CB and he comes in he’ll be better than anyone currently in the LB room IMO
You could be right. I don't see any defensive player that's not a reach at #10