News: Jaquan Hardy to Phillthy

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Of course you don’t have to spend the 4th overall draft pick on a RB. You can draft a RB later in the draft that will have a career like this guy that bounces from team to team and has a career where all of his production combined would not exceed the production from one season of the the high draft pick’s career.
Jerry trying to have his triplets, Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt in the salary cap era has held this team back, since the salary cap begin in 1995. He values the RB position too much. This team has constantly spent too much money on the offensive side of the ball. By doing that our defense has suffered over the years. So no, you don't need greatness at the RB position. All you need is decent. You don't spend 14 million a year on a RB, IMO. You can find decent RB's in the later rounds. What round did we pick Pollard in?

And this coming from a guy that has a run first mindset. Stopping the run and running the ball is still championships football to me. So I'm not bashing Zeke...I'm just not fond of Dallas' team building format. There are plenty of decent backs you can get for one third of what they're paying Zeke.

I like Zeke, but I'd rather we had a great defense instead of a great RB. Can't do that with Jerry though. He wants his triplets. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is crazy. So no, you don't spend a fourth overall draft pick on a RB.

That's my opinion and opinions vary.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You had to see this one coming. Philly loves to snatch up our cast asides to see what's left on the bone.

jnday

Reaction score
Jerry trying to have his triplets, Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt in the salary cap era has held this team back, since the salary cap begin in 1995. He values the RB position too much. This team has constantly spent too much money on the offensive side of the ball. By doing that our defense has suffered over the years. So no, you don't need greatness at the RB position. All you need is decent. You don't spend 14 million a year on a RB, IMO. You can find decent RB's in the later rounds. What round did we pick Pollard in?

And this coming from a guy that has a run first mindset. Stopping the run and running the ball is still championships football to me. So I'm not bashing Zeke...I'm just not fond of Dallas' team building format. There are plenty of decent backs you can get for one third of what they're paying Zeke.

I like Zeke, but I'd rather we had a great defense instead of a great RB. Can't do that with Jerry though. He wants his triplets. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is crazy. So no, you don't spend a fourth overall draft pick on a RB.

That's my opinion and opinions vary.
The value of Zeke and the oline depends on the type of offense that the team was going to use. I like smash-mouth, running offenses that controls games with big, powerful olives. Jerry likes them too, but just when he finally gets the pieces, he hires a HC like MM who is not known for coaching teams with power running games. This team changes it’s identity so much that they don’t know who or what they are trying to be.