Jared Cook signing with Saints

dckid

Reaction score
Please go watch his highlights on NFL .com and tell me that man would not help Dak and the offense.
Another smart organization using FA to address a need and going all in to try to Win a SB.

CWR

Reaction score
Please go watch his highlights on NFL .com and tell me that man would not help Dak and the offense.
Another smart organization using FA to address a need and going all in to try to Win a SB.

He's 31 and about to get paid right? We have Coop, Gallup, Cobb, Austin and Witten to name a few. What I mean is we have plenty of weapons now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
but hes not been picked up all this while by anyone not one of the other 31, so Saintz smart or they were they only ones biting what he was asking for? sure he could help we have need at TE but with Witten back to help Shultz and Jarwin we should be ok, if a really good TE is sitting there in the draft we will go after him but really meh..

Carson

Reaction score
When’s the last time we’ve had a TE that consistently threatened the seams???

It’s like ball hawking FS Or mammoth DT. Just not what we value

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Witten allows them to put off TE plus continue to explore Schultz and Jarwin. Schultz should be much more prepared to play in the NFL with a full off season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Something seems off with Cook.

No team seems to want to keep him for long.

He has only started 16 games once in 10 years.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
A smarter coach would have had them in the Superbowl last season without Cook.

dckid

Reaction score
A smarter coach would have had them in the Superbowl last season without Cook.

Yeah Payton did screw up the goal line plays at the end of the game. I think they will be competing for the NFC title again this year.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I don't think the team needs to spend any more $ on the offense besides maybe backup RB. Kellen Moore has plenty of weapons to work with, let's see how he does. If we need to spend a mid to late round pick or two on backup RB/TE/slot WR/OL depth, then go for it. But I don't think we're in any position to make some big signing on offense right now, we're pretty much ok with what we've got.

dckid

Reaction score
Witten allows them to put off TE plus continue to explore Schultz and Jarwin. Schultz should be much more prepared to play in the NFL with a full off season.
I have to disagree with the Witten signing. I see no value in signing him after he retired. I just think it was a wink wink type agreement, so that Witten and ESPN can save face.

ESPN probably didn't want to fire him and Witten didn't want to tarnish his name a reputation. Jerry always has loyalty to a fault, even to the detriment of the team. The one type he wasn't loyal was his behavior towards Jimmy Johnson.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah Payton did screw up the goal line plays at the end of the game. I think they will be competing for the NFC title again this year.
I think losing Ingram will prove to be a very big deal

Verdict

Reaction score
but hes not been picked up all this while by anyone not one of the other 31, so Saintz smart or they were they only ones biting what he was asking for? sure he could help we have need at TE but with Witten back to help Shultz and Jarwin we should be ok, if a really good TE is sitting there in the draft we will go after him but really meh..

Witten doesn't "help" us.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I have to disagree with the Witten signing. I see no value in signing him after he retired. I just think it was a wink wink type agreement, so that Witten and ESPN can save face.

ESPN probably didn't want to fire him and Witten didn't want to tarnish his name a reputation. Jerry always has loyalty to a fault, even to the detriment of the team. The one type he wasn't loyal was his behavior towards Jimmy Johnson.

So Dallas hands a contract, roster spot, and starting position to a guy to help ESPN save face. Yeah that makes sense.

Maybe Witten is an upgrade over Jarwin and Schultz.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Witten doesn't "help" us.
say a person not seeing the future..no one knows this and I believe he will help NIOT US because US dont play.. lmao he will help Jarwin and Shultz and wont be a play hog this season and with year off on his body healthy he will add some short yardage and TDs to this roster we were missing most of the season last year..He may not be old witten but he for sure isnt a scrub he can do what most average non elite TEs can ..