Jared Cook signing with Saints

Verdict

Reaction score
say a person not seeing the future..no one knows this and I believe he will help NIOT US because US dont play.. lmao he will help Jarwin and Shultz and wont be a play hog this season and with year off on his body healthy he will add some short yardage and TDs to this roster we were missing most of the season last year..He may not be old witten but he for sure isnt a scrub he can do what most average non elite TEs can ..

Us in this case obviously means the Cowboys. That's a "cute" reply that really doesn't bring anything to the table.

Obviously the foregoing is my opinion. I believe that's a Witten has sucked for several years now, so I don't really expect him to suddenly get better after a year lay off.

If the Cowboys coaches didnt have the 'nads to sit him two years ago I'm not sure why you think this year would be any different, but I do concede no one knows the future so I guess it could conceivably happen.

Witten may have some value around the goal line, especially in short yardage, provided that he's not blocking in the said situation because he is a piss poor blocker at this point in his career.

Verdict

Reaction score
So Dallas hands a contract, roster spot, and starting position to a guy to help ESPN save face. Yeah that makes sense.

Maybe Witten is an upgrade over Jarwin and Schultz.

Yeah. That's pretty much spot on. But don't forget nostalgia. The value of nostalgia can't be overstated. We are not in this for a super bowl. We want to win the nostalgia bowl.

dckid

Reaction score
So Dallas hands a contract, roster spot, and starting position to a guy to help ESPN save face. Yeah that makes sense.

What makes you think a 37 year old is going to be the answer at TE? Stop living in the past. It was a typical Jerry Jones publicity signing.
You cant see the forest from the trees. Anyone who thinks signing Witten is better than Jared Cook is on Jerry Jones payroll ( sorry for the sarcasm) but its true.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What makes you think a 37 year old is going to be the answer at TE? Stop living in the past. It was a typical Jerry Jones publicity signing.
You cant see the forest from the trees. Anyone who thinks signing Witten is better than Jared Cook is on Jerry Jones payroll ( sorry for the sarcasm) but its true.

For 1 year it is the answer.

dckid

Reaction score

Yes that is exactly how business works. You don't think Jerry Jones would cut a deal with big TV executives?
Maybe ESPN will do an in depth biopic on Jerry's ability to run the Cowboys.

dckid

Reaction score
Us in this case obviously means the Cowboys. That's a "cute" reply that really doesn't bring anything to the table.

Obviously the foregoing is my opinion. I believe that's a Witten has sucked for several years now, so I don't really expect him to suddenly get better after a year lay off.

If the Cowboys coaches didnt have the 'nads to sit him two years ago I'm not sure why you think this year would be any different, but I do concede no one knows the future so I guess it could conceivably happen.

Witten may have some value around the goal line, especially in short yardage, provided that he's not blocking in the said situation because he is a piss poor blocker at this point in his career.
Thanks for your even keeled response. I like staying on topic and not getting stuck in the minutia or semantics.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yes that is exactly how business works. You don't think Jerry Jones would cut a deal with big TV executives?
Maybe ESPN will do an in depth biopic on Jerry's ability to run the Cowboys.

If you actually believe this I feel sorry for you.

dckid

Reaction score
If you actually believe this I feel sorry for you.
Dude have you ever been involved in any business transaction? You think the world plays by the rules? Have you ever heard of political favors? My scenario is not only plausible but most likely what happened!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dude have you ever been involved in any business transaction? You think the world plays by the rules? Have you ever heard of political favors? My scenario is not only plausible but most likely what happened!

Lol my friend. Lots and lots and lots and lots. My point is simple - Jones is not doing any favors for ESPN. Witten is back because they think they can win it all this year and TE needed to improve. Witten will be a big help this season. He is not going to be here for long.

Verdict

Reaction score

Well they may not be on Jerry's payroll, but they certainly are making a bit of a leap of faith that I personally am not willing to make.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Something seems off with Cook.

No team seems to want to keep him for long.

He has only started 16 games once in 10 years.
He is a million dollar talent and 10 cent brain guy. He has had more than a few dnp CD's in his career.

Aven8

Reaction score
Love Cook. But we don’t like athletic TE’s. We prefer slow white boys that block. Maddening. And let’s not forget Bill found Witt not JG.