Jarwin, Pollard, Be ready for primetime

Hayseed

Reaction score
Mark my words, these 2 cats are going to have their roles expand by a ton next year, by that I mean much more than just Witten retiring. Coach Mac is going to want to stress a defense at every level as much as he can by putting as many explosive athletes all on the field together at the same time. Look for Pollard to be in the backfield WITH Zeke much more than he ever was last season. I would actually also look for him to even steal some of Cobbs snaps out of the slot to both preserve Cobb a little and get a bit more speed on the field.

And Jarwin? I look for him to be "A THING" next year. I really do. Kid has the juice to be a real midrange to down field threat at T.E very similar to what Kelse does in Kansas city. Kids a big target athlete with great size. Predictable is going bye bye. As someone who has been forced to watch tons of Packer games due to where I live I can tell you all this junk about McCarthey being predictable is just that......JUNK! A bunch of bull sheet. Gonna be fun.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Will Jarwin be under contract still?
Yep. He is a RESTRICTED free agent not unrestricted. Plus Witten retired. And, ...we put a ton of time into bringing him along. Lastly.....he's hard to miss. Anyone who has watched him the last couple years knows that this kid is ready to break out bigtime! All he needs is more snaps. No way this guy will be allowed to even sniff having the opportunity to leave Dallas.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mark my words, these 2 cats are going to have their roles expand by a ton next year, by that I mean much more than just Witten retiring. Coach Mac is going to want to stress a defense at every level as much as he can by putting as many explosive athletes all on the field together at the same time. Look for Pollard to be in the backfield WITH Zeke much more than he ever was last season. I would actually also look for him to even steal some of Cobbs snaps out of the slot to both preserve Cobb a little and get a bit more speed on the field.

And Jarwin? I look for him to be "A THING" next year. I really do. Kid has the juice to be a real midrange to down field threat at T.E very similar to what Kelse does in Kansas city. Kids a big target athlete with great size. Predictable is going bye bye. As someone who has been forced to watch tons of Packer games due to where I live I can tell you all this junk about McCarthey being predictable is just that......JUNK! A bunch of bull sheet. Gonna be fun.
Problem is predictable is what you are going to get with Jarwin in the game. He is terrible run and is practically unplayable on run downs.

If Witten retires, expect our TE in 2020 to be someone not currently on the roster. Doesnt mean Jarwin wont get used, but dont expect a huge uptick in snaps either

glimmerman

Reaction score

Good. Bring it.

king987

Reaction score
If we're looking at McCarthy's offenses in the past, I think there is a reason to be optimistic about Pollard. Unlike Garrett, McCarthy has been more willing to use 2 RBs on the field, so hopefully that remains the same because Zeke & Pollard have the potential of being an impressive dual threat. Why they were not on the field together more often in 2019 is another huge knock on Garrett and Moore.

Jarwin? I think that is a wait and see situation. Tight Ends just didn't have much success under McCarthy. Was it the offense or Rodgers? I guess we'll found out, but I'm not getting my hopes up (for now).

That said, while I do like Jarwin, I certainly wouldn't stand pat with him. If there is a promising tight end available, particularly in the draft, I'd get 'em.

visionary

Reaction score

we need a real top TE

I’m sure McCarthy will upgrade there

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh, yeah, look for us to be signing a TE in free agency or drafting one early.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jarwin as a starting TE was not good. Maybe he's grown a ton since 2018 where he was not anywhere as good but we will see. In 2019 defenses knew 1 thing, witten is daks security blanket so he got a little more attention. Jarwin certainly had more ability to make a defender miss so we'll see.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
When did Witten retire?
Exactly what I was going to ask...everything in this thread is based on hope and as I like to quote Wahlberg in Deep Horizon, "Hope is not a good tactic Don".

I have to believe our coaching staff a little I guess in that Jarwin just couldn't block well enough to be effective and when he was lined up it is a presumption that it was going to be a pass play of some kind and there is some of our predictability.

Hayseed

Reaction score
When did Witten retire?

Did he officially retire yet? Nope. But is he retired as a player now? Oh yeah..... sure is.

Kinda like how the last couple weeks went for Garrett. Did Jerry officially come right out and say that red was gone right away? Nope. But he sure was......LOL

NorTex

Reaction score
Obviously Jarwin's role will expand if Witten is gone. I doubt Pollard's role changes much...only so many snaps and touches to go around.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So you are just making up crap because you want Witten to retire ....... Jeebus

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is predictable is what you are going to get with Jarwin in the game. He is terrible run and is practically unplayable on run downs.

If Witten retires, expect our TE in 2020 to be someone not currently on the roster. Doesnt mean Jarwin wont get used, but dont expect a huge uptick in snaps either

Maybe new coaching will help Jarwin be better in the run game.

Hayseed

Reaction score
So you are just making up crap because you want Witten to retire ....... Jeebus

What exactly is wrong with you? Really. Oh well, least I will get the joy of coming back to this thread when Witten officially announces his retirement and LMAO at you.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Jarwin but I am not sure he's a full time guy. Say what you will about the coaches last year, but they wouldn't deliberately not Olay a guy who could score.

I think TE needs to be a priority still

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What exactly is wrong with you? Really. Oh well, least I will get the joy of coming back to this thread when Witten officially announces his retirement and LMAO at you.

Wont change the fact that you prematurely said Witten was retired ....... I dont like it when people post fake news ....... I think there is a rule against it.