Jarwin, Pollard, Be ready for primetime

Hayseed

Reaction score
Wont change the fact that you prematurely said Witten was retired ....... I dont like it when people post fake news ....... I think there is a rule against it.

Maybe there should be a rule against people who's only interest is being combative and acting a fool all the time. YOU dont like fake news? You,... of all people. Sure could have fooled me with some of your Garrett postings of late. No need for me to go into detail as Stash has already done a pretty good job of calling you to the carpet and dressing you down a few notches. ;)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Maybe there should be a rule against people who's only interest is being combative and acting a fool all the time. YOU dont like fake news? You,... of all people. Sure could have fooled me with some of your Garrett postings of late. No need for me to go into detail as Stash has already done a pretty good job of calling you to the carpet and dressing you down a few notches. ;)

Have no clue who stash is ........ I have wanted Garrett gone for years ...... And only fool I see around here is you ...... But no more since I am putting your lying but on ignore.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's time to look in Free Agency or the Draft and get a dynamic guy in here.

I've never minded Witten still being here but someone has to have the cajones to yank him off the field and give him the amount of snaps Jarwin got this year.

Jarwin is just a better player then him at this point.

JBond

Reaction score
Problem is predictable is what you are going to get with Jarwin in the game. He is terrible run and is practically unplayable on run downs.

If Witten retires, expect our TE in 2020 to be someone not currently on the roster. Doesnt mean Jarwin wont get used, but dont expect a huge uptick in snaps either
He is a big boy. Learn how to block. Heck, I saw 5 foot nothings RB's block better last week.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree on Jarwin as a focal point - though I do think he'll get a lot more touches - because McCarthy has never really depended on a TE. Jermichael Finley had a couple nice years, but I think Jarwin can give you anything he did.

Big time agree on Pollard though. I think McCarthy will bring a lot more of the screen/quick passing game that gets players in space. Pollard should thrive in that role.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one thing that might cause Witten to retire is if Garrett gets the NYG OC gig and they hire him as TE coach.

As far as Jarwin, I don't see it. I see them drafting a TE within the first two days of the draft or getting one in FA.

FredRob22

Reaction score
Assuming Witten does retire, I'm OK with Jarwin, but wouldn't stand pat at the position either. I believe Eric Ebron will be a free agent. Imagine having Ebron AND Jarwin on the field at the same time. That could be pretty interesting. Not sure we would be able to afford him though.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Yep. He is a RESTRICTED free agent not unrestricted. Plus Witten retired. And, ...we put a ton of time into bringing him along. Lastly.....he's hard to miss. Anyone who has watched him the last couple years knows that this kid is ready to break out bigtime! All he needs is more snaps. No way this guy will be allowed to even sniff having the opportunity to leave Dallas.

Supposedly Jarwin is a subpar blocker. That is important but he is a receiver force out on the field. He needs more snaps and his blocking can be improved. Love that dude.

fansince68

Reaction score
Mark my words, these 2 cats are going to have their roles expand by a ton next year, by that I mean much more than just Witten retiring. Coach Mac is going to want to stress a defense at every level as much as he can by putting as many explosive athletes all on the field together at the same time. Look for Pollard to be in the backfield WITH Zeke much more than he ever was last season. I would actually also look for him to even steal some of Cobbs snaps out of the slot to both preserve Cobb a little and get a bit more speed on the field.

And Jarwin? I look for him to be "A THING" next year. I really do. Kid has the juice to be a real midrange to down field threat at T.E very similar to what Kelse does in Kansas city. Kids a big target athlete with great size. Predictable is going bye bye. As someone who has been forced to watch tons of Packer games due to where I live I can tell you all this junk about McCarthey being predictable is just that......JUNK! A bunch of bull sheet. Gonna be fun.
Did Witten actually retire?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Wont change the fact that you prematurely said Witten was retired ....... I dont like it when people post fake news ....... I think there is a rule against it.
We're the only team who would take him back. 40 year old FA TEs usually aren't in high demand.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Jarwin as a starting TE was not good. Maybe he's grown a ton since 2018 where he was not anywhere as good but we will see. In 2019 defenses knew 1 thing, witten is daks security blanket so he got a little more attention. Jarwin certainly had more ability to make a defender miss so we'll see.
He is good back up, when the defense does not key on him. When he is the primary TE he is awful.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We're the only team who would take him back. 40 year old FA TEs usually aren't in high demand.
Except he was better then the 20 somethings on the roster. Well except those that use that look at witten/jarwin through the Smith/Hambrick prism

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I like Jarwin but I am not sure he's a full time guy. Say what you will about the coaches last year, but they wouldn't deliberately not Olay a guy who could score.

I think TE needs to be a priority still

Never know until you play him full time. He has speed and size, if he isn't going to be the guy at TE then make him a receiver.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Mark my words, these 2 cats are going to have their roles expand by a ton next year, by that I mean much more than just Witten retiring. Coach Mac is going to want to stress a defense at every level as much as he can by putting as many explosive athletes all on the field together at the same time. Look for Pollard to be in the backfield WITH Zeke much more than he ever was last season. I would actually also look for him to even steal some of Cobbs snaps out of the slot to both preserve Cobb a little and get a bit more speed on the field.

And Jarwin? I look for him to be "A THING" next year. I really do. Kid has the juice to be a real midrange to down field threat at T.E very similar to what Kelse does in Kansas city. Kids a big target athlete with great size. Predictable is going bye bye. As someone who has been forced to watch tons of Packer games due to where I live I can tell you all this junk about McCarthey being predictable is just that......JUNK! A bunch of bull sheet. Gonna be fun.
Welcome back AH!! Agree wholeheartedly.