Twitter: Jason Garrett a finalist for Stanford job

Motorola

Reaction score
Garrett has a gift for the gab, so I actually see him as being a good recruiter. I easily see him at a kitchen table with the family of a prospect and persuading them in a positive direction. He can use his Princeton resume to impress parents of their kid going to Stanford. Tough competition though with Oregon, USC and UCLA getting most 4 and 5 star guys.

As for on the field? Different story. Not sure he can make Stanford relevant again
In addition to the three schools you mentioned, whoever the new next head coach of the Cardinal will also be going against Deion Sanders at Colorado.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I called this shot while Garrett was still coaching for the Cowboys.

He’s better off in the college ranks where his schtick of mantras and dogmatic approach will likely be better received by young athletes in a college program.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he’ll be in my backyard in Palo Alto.

Cmac

Reaction score
.......then Stanford doesn't want to win. I hope they take Air Coryell Jr.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I guess the question is how long before they win National Championships every year?

It's a process. Once they get the RKGs then all they have to do is stack good days on top of one another and clap. Can't people see what's being built?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
College fits the Garret mold, and by the latter I mean, recruit for better talent and then let his team line up and just beat the other man. Garrett is good clapper and walkaround coach, but stinks as an Xs and Os and attention to detail guy. If he can create a program that does the former, he can just use his overrated politicking skills and clean image to be successful.