Twitter: Jason Garrett a finalist for Stanford job

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Even Shaw wasn't good at recruiting there and they think Garrett will be? I like Garrett and hope he does well but that's a tough gig at Stanford.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
keep stacking one good recruit after another

The whole thing will be a process of recruiting the right kinds of guys, putting them in a position to win, and trying to stack good days upon good days. Lots of smiling, :clap:, and passing...lots of passing.

MS17

Reaction score
with Garrett, Stanford could be the Princeton of the PAC and the west.

ICP

Reaction score
Yawn, so tired of hearing about that guy, I really do try hard to totally forget about him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who knows? Jason Garrett can add a few years onto his resume if he stays awhile. Afterwards, he can apply for an NFL head coaching job and finally meet the minimal previous experience required he should have attained before Jerry Jones handed him a league head coaching job on a silver platter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure many people would let Garrett into their house.
He’s welcome at my house anytime . One of the classiest to ever wear the Star and strut the sidelines. My fav HC in Jethro down era after Jimmy. All of these years later no one has had more success since Jimmy.

dfense

Reaction score
Poor Garrett. He get's so much grief from the fans. I have nothing against him personally.....I just didn't like him as our coach. Who knows....he probably will do better in college than the NFL. Seems better suited for him. Then again, what the heck do I know. o_O
Garrett has a better coaching career winning percentage than Jimmy Johnson. Who knew?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess the question is how long before they win National Championships every year?
If he can bring them to a respectful contender in Big12 would be a tall order with such higher academic standards .

Must be very difficult competing with other PAC 12 schools recruiting when you must attend class and make the grades.

Stanford is like the Ivy League on West Coast. Their stadiums have one of the worst attendance since students don’t have time to get away from studying.